Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Exchange do you use and why ? - page 47. (Read 106974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
I tried to trade a little on cryptsy and realised that this  is the shittiest site for exchange. They literally stole all of my money deposited there! Please do not trust CRYPTSY!
BR
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
I personally used BitStamp. European based, it's pretty fast and has acceptable fees. Also the fact that it's an estabilished service.
Lately however I do  mostly local trades, face2face.

Activity: 644
i use some exchanges for alt-coin / BTC
like poloniex, and mintpal. recently i love europex feature Grin
nice interface but a bit heavy to loadng that website
for trade BTC/USD, i prefer BTC-e

What do you suggest between Poloniex and Mintpal? How do they compare with Cryptsy? I haven't tried many of the altcoin exchanges -- don't really trust them yet.
Mintpal and Cryptsy are on same level, poloniex below them
I never use Cryptsy, back to few months ago when i search information about best exchange for alt-coin, i've found many bad reviews/posts about Cryptsy. so i don't take a risk and don't use them until now.
Mintpal is better than poloniex, better interface and better trade volume, faster and smoother
minus point : mintpal list fewer coin than poloniex. but it makes mintpal more prestise, because alt-coins that listed there must won voting competition.

Poloniex good for new coins, their trade volume is moderate/medium
sometime i found alt-coin's price in poloniex be affected from mintpal, because mintpal has more trade volume
recently i think poloniex is slow, many interrupted connection happened, it's annoying when you want to trade
poloniex has many trading pair, many coins listed there. so you have many options to trade
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

What do you suggest between Poloniex and Mintpal? How do they compare with Cryptsy? I haven't tried many of the altcoin exchanges -- don't really trust them yet.
Activity: 644
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
My first exhange I used was, bter.com
The Chinese exhange, to trade some dogecoins.
Then when I got some more coins i had to use alot more like:
Mintpal
Cryptsy

My favorite one is mintpal, they add new coins everyday chosen by the users of mintpal.
Also there site is really nice looking and easy compared to the others.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
I used btc-e and bitstamp, the second one in my opinion is better mainly because of the security and their support,
even if they doesn't answer fast, the help given is perfect (I was refunded 3btc because of a problem I had with ripple)
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
i like BTC-E. the interface is not sleek, but it trades fast and does not lag, and i love the trollbox! i've tried bitstamp but i didn't see any reason to stay there. i trade altcoins on crypsty. Smiley
Activity: 633
I use bitstamp mainly, as we know pretty much nothing about btc-e and I don't feel comfortable sending my money to them. Smiley

I've heard many problems from BitStamp customers saying that they suddenly had their funds frozen and were forced to complete a long questionnaire to get the funds back, supposedly because of AML/KYC. Have you ever experienced that?

I heard that as well.
Fortunately, I haven't got that yet, probably because I have been doing small trades from time to time (rather than a huge one-time trade). Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I use Bitstamp, never had a problem with them. Wire transfer in a matter of days
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Bitstamp, although they are getting more and more intrusive and I am afraid they will eventually just start freezing/seizing people's legit funds. may move to btc-e.

It's hard to know at this point. A lot of people are speculating that they are just under heavy scrutiny from KYC/AML. I'd spread out across multiple exchanges so if one becomes an issue the problem is minimized.
Activity: 11

BTC-E 
Just someone told me about it when I started!
Activity: 12
Yes BTC-E, fast and discreet Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
Bitstamp, although they are getting more and more intrusive and I am afraid they will eventually just start freezing/seizing people's legit funds. may move to btc-e.
The exchanges I trade on are as follows:
 - Bitstamp: Great volume, great customer service, good reputation.
 - Kraken: Excellent at everything except volume.
 - Bitfinex: Incredible trading options, not a lot of volume and fairly new on the scene.

Actually, Bitfinex has become one of the highest volume exchanges available, and is nearly comparable to Bitstamp. When you think about the fact that Bitfinex market orders can transact with Bitstamp limit orders, Bitfinex is actually quite big. You may or may not have noticed that over the past several days, some of the big market buys on Bitstamp were actually made on Bitfinex.
Activity: 1
The exchanges I trade on are as follows:
 - Bitstamp: Great volume, great customer service, good reputation.
 - Kraken: Excellent at everything except volume.
 - Bitfinex: Incredible trading options, not a lot of volume and fairly new on the scene.
I signed up with BTC-e last week and just sent in my verification to ANXPro today.  I was a little concerned that I made the right decisions for exchanges then I come here.  I feel better now that I know others are using them with good results.

I tried to verify with BitStamp but they kept returning me down and I could never get an answer as to what the problem was, I tried 3 times then told them I was talking my money someplace else.  I scanned and sent my electric bill and passport and can't imagine what the problem was.  I told them that the only paper bill I get is my electric and that if they checked my passport my middle name is on the electric bill.  Now I'm glad it worked out this way.

It's odd. I've heard this same situation reported many times. I can't imagine what the issue is. I got verified on the first try in a couple days sometime last year. I moved most of my trading to Bitfinex recently, though. But that was mainly just for arbitrage profit from BTC-E. I will move back to BTC-E when the spread between Bitfinex and BTC-E closes up again.
Activity: 508
I've been using Bitstamp for a long time now. Mainly because it's fast, cheap and has a good reputation. However, they sure do take their time to answer a support ticket.
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
I haven't had any issues with mintpal and bittrex lately.
Activity: 7
I signed up with BTC-e last week and just sent in my verification to ANXPro today.  I was a little concerned that I made the right decisions for exchanges then I come here.  I feel better now that I know others are using them with good results.

I tried to verify with BitStamp but they kept returning me down and I could never get an answer as to what the problem was, I tried 3 times then told them I was talking my money someplace else.  I scanned and sent my electric bill and passport and can't imagine what the problem was.  I told them that the only paper bill I get is my electric and that if they checked my passport my middle name is on the electric bill.  Now I'm glad it worked out this way.
Pages:
Jump to: