Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Exchange do you use and why ? - page 44. (Read 106974 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
How is BTC-E's fiat deposits and withdraws? Are they any fast? Never really trusted in using that page for bigger amounts of cash since it looks so.. amateurish.

I believe they are okay. The usual 3-5 days I think. But true, the design is a bit archaic for today's standards.

The reality is less fancy sites are more trustable. Just for an example, I'm showing u this site => https://oilrigcontractors.com ...How well designed it is ...is not it ? But its a SCAM site. Even if u look at Google.com ...they are blank. But they are great in their business. From my little experience in the web I have seen this is true at different times. Less fancy sites are more trustworthy.

this may or may not be true in general. in the case of btc-e, though, i agree. ugly/archaic looking interface, but the best exchange around.

It's okay for us who don't care about how it looks, but what about new adopters who come in and say: what is this geocities crap?

It's ranging with deep web websites.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
How is BTC-E's fiat deposits and withdraws? Are they any fast? Never really trusted in using that page for bigger amounts of cash since it looks so.. amateurish.

I believe they are okay. The usual 3-5 days I think. But true, the design is a bit archaic for today's standards.

The reality is less fancy sites are more trustable. Just for an example, I'm showing u this site => https://oilrigcontractors.com ...How well designed it is ...is not it ? But its a SCAM site. Even if u look at Google.com ...they are blank. But they are great in their business. From my little experience in the web I have seen this is true at different times. Less fancy sites are more trustworthy.

this may or may not be true in general. in the case of btc-e, though, i agree. ugly/archaic looking interface, but the best exchange around.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

Space Lord

Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
Coinbase.... Easy to use, well integrated with US bank account... With bitcointrader app you can even place the limit orders..

CoinBase is not a bitcoin exchange. They are a bitcoin shop. U can consider them as a giant trader.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Coinbase.... Easy to use, well integrated with US bank account... With bitcointrader app you can even place the limit orders..
Activity: 644
After the fall of Mt. Gox ...I think this is very important Q to all Bitcoin newbies like me.

use btc-e.com for larger amounts. i will never forget the time LR (payment processor that is now dead) key was cracked and attack took place on btc-e.com
every single coin that was lost, every single bad trade users made due to that hack, literaly everything was returned to user accounts on the cost of btc-e.com owner.
that day they had me, never left them since.
ofc use other exchangers in smaller amounts to trade /arb, but when it gets to your big holding, store them localy in your local storage, or if u have to have it online, i recommend btc-e only.

cheers

Why BTC-e? They have the lowest prices and the biggest fees of all the exchanges.
Bitstamp is way, way better.

The advantage of btc-e is that you don't need to complete verification before trading bitcoin. Smiley

Bitstamp's verification process takes 1 day max. It's serious people.
Plus, you don't need all kinds of papers, an ID card and a phone bill is enough.

Why do you need an ID card for an exchange at all? Its the reason I avoid Bitstamp.

Have you done anything wrong? If yes, then I understand.
Otherwise, why not? It protects you and them from frauds.
It's a complication. I don't have no phone bill or similar so I can't even verify.

Even a signed package from FedEx would suffice.
I  don't have it. I do get internet and electric bill however none of them are in my name but in the previous tenant.
Space Lord
After the fall of Mt. Gox ...I think this is very important Q to all Bitcoin newbies like me.

use btc-e.com for larger amounts. i will never forget the time LR (payment processor that is now dead) key was cracked and attack took place on btc-e.com
every single coin that was lost, every single bad trade users made due to that hack, literaly everything was returned to user accounts on the cost of btc-e.com owner.
ofc use other exchangers in smaller amounts to trade /arb, but when it gets to your big holding, store them localy in your local storage, or if u have to have it online, i recommend btc-e only.

cheers

Why BTC-e? They have the lowest prices and the biggest fees of all the exchanges.

The advantage of btc-e is that you don't need to complete verification before trading bitcoin. Smiley

Plus, you don't need all kinds of papers, an ID card and a phone bill is enough.

Why do you need an ID card for an exchange at all? Its the reason I avoid Bitstamp.

It's a complication. I don't have no phone bill or similar so I can't even verify.

Even a signed package from FedEx would suffice.

cheers

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Bitstamp, btc-e and bitfinex.
Space Lord

cheers

maybe to avoid money laundering
BTC / fiat exchange should be like that
because is regulated by government
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

cheers

Space Lord

cheers

Activity: 619

cheers

Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
I use kraken, it's really fast and reliable if you live in Europe. Smiley=
Space Lord

cheers

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

cheers
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Bitstamp is best exchange now.
Pages:
Jump to: