Pages:
Author

Topic: Which cryptocurrency should I invest in, in 2018? Why? - page 5. (Read 3533 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
The year is almost getting to an end and the cryptocurrencies I invested in since the beginning of the year has been a little good but not to my expectation.

Bitcoins is the best investment you can make because the market is based on demand and supply and bitcoins has the highest potential so will be surely earning a huge amount of profit.
Activity: 270
The year is almost getting to an end and the cryptocurrencies I invested in since the beginning of the year has been a little good but not to my expectation.
Activity: 191
Merit: 0
I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.

Every people there is a target when it come to make an investment and this is refer to their analysis and balance people would decide to start if they are ready to invest and where they want to invest because as of this time the price of all crypto currency is such a controversy all of them are moving closer almost all are simultaneously move together at same adjustment. so if you always monitored the price everyday you can just to decide it if you invest now or wait for he good price or buying of stock for the futer investment.   

Activity: 20
cryptocurrency that is not just there to serve as a coins or a trading asset but provides more services is bound to survive and you can invest in it in the long term. Such cryptocurrencies are springing up everywhere like Bitcoin because it is the first every peer-to-peer network, provides coins and trading platforms.
Activity: 103
I advise everyone to think carefully and choose what you like best.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
My main item in my portfolio is currently Pundi X, but I am expanding in other good infrastructure projects and have a little NEO, ONT, STELLAR, ETH, MAINFRAIM, ZET etc I also earn a few from bounties which I give to my wife to trade up so we can grow our trading capital as we lost a lot by holding coins and tokens in January when we should have sold them at ATH. Now plan is to collect as much crypto as we possibly can and then when the Bull run comes offload a big amount and then buy back after the 61% fibonacci retracement cycle at least, the ones we believe in 100%. This time we will buy back at 60-90% again decrease in price so we will do the opposite of what we did last time which was hold through the bull cycle and then lose 99% of value.
Activity: 158
for this year many ICOs did not even reach their soft cap.
I think that is because of the current market conditions, making people afraid to invest, and according to my analysis this year people only hold and do not sell.
and I hope by the end of the year, everything will return to normal. I really miss the moment like that again.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
bitcoin is a coin that must be on our investment list, and don't forget to add other coins like ethereum, neo, eos, and cardano, that altcoin will continue to compete and that will be a good signal that gives us an advantage.
While many people push for diversification in your investments I really cannot see the reason to do that in this market right now, bitcoin is still gaining dominance over the other coins which means that if you were to invest in bitcoin or in any other altcoin your investment in bitcoin will grow up faster, so the right choice right now is to invest everything in bitcoin.
The best thing is to put money in bitcoin and wait for the dominance of bitcoin to grow even into a higher percent and if that thing happen then that is when you are going to diversify your money and put it into at least the top 5 cryptocurrency in the market then just hold and enjoy your growing profit.
Activity: 112
I don't think no should invest in BTC unless they have at least 1 BTC. Also, never give up of top ten 10 coins if you fear taking a risk.
One can still invest in bitcoin even if they have less than 7000$ for 1 bitcoin, half a bitcoin is still a reasonable asset in the future, and like you suggested, one should not also ignore the top alts.
Activity: 112
Invest in bitcoin, it is predicted to hit 30,000 $ or even more by the close of this year and there are enough reason to support such prediction. A lot of money bags are already taking interests in it
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
bitcoin is a coin that must be on our investment list, and don't forget to add other coins like ethereum, neo, eos, and cardano, that altcoin will continue to compete and that will be a good signal that gives us an advantage.
While many people push for diversification in your investments I really cannot see the reason to do that in this market right now, bitcoin is still gaining dominance over the other coins which means that if you were to invest in bitcoin or in any other altcoin your investment in bitcoin will grow up faster, so the right choice right now is to invest everything in bitcoin.
Activity: 688
Merit: 106
Of course bitcoin, even though bitcoin prices still down, but bitcoin prices still the the highest among all cryptocurrency and i trust bitcoin more than other cryptocurrency.
Yes I should choose to invest in bitcoin I trust in bitcoin cause this is the first cryptocurrency that give high profit in my investment . Bitcoin now is down this is the right time to buy and hold it and wait for the right time to sell it. Even they facing the risk it is always on top value.

Activity: 434
Merit: 105
ADAB ICO
If I were to prefer or choose the cryptocurrency to invest in the year 2018 ,Its etheteum I would prefer ,because this coin I think is also popular in this crypto world because of its multiple uses as coin, that is why ethereum is good to invest.

I prefer that you should invest on bitcoins because the market price is continuously growing depending on supply and demand so you will surely earn a huge amount of profit just like what happened last year.
Activity: 322
If I were to prefer or choose the cryptocurrency to invest in the year 2018 ,Its etheteum I would prefer ,because this coin I think is also popular in this crypto world because of its multiple uses as coin, that is why ethereum is good to invest.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
here you will hear a lot of advice, but I recommend not to forget about personal preferences and investment strategies, because you may not be suitable offered here long-term investment
Activity: 30
There are good forecasts for 2018 on the cryptocurrency market but I suggest you wait until the end of 2018 or 2019. The cryptocurrency market is stable, after which it is decided to invest.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Maybe you should wait for a more appropriate time to invest. It is possible for the end of 2018 when the cryptocurrency market becomes stable. These are some personal tips, decided by yourself.

Yes you are right, being patient is the best way in this industry in order to avoid losing a huge amount of investments when the market prices are dropping in the market.

for now it is very difficult to invest in crypto, but I think this is a good opportunity to invest in bitcoin, or ETH. it can be said that this is a fairly low price, and at the end of the year it might promise something for btc value.
Activity: 420
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
At the time of your posting the market was still not quite good enough. It was still bearish but maybe you can give us idea of what might have happened now to your coins. It should at least prove something such as to show between success and failure. It would helpful to the community to share how things are really going on even with this unfavorable market that we have right now. We know that the market is always going up and down and with better strategies may be you can gain more. So right now I was a bit interested with what you have posted. I am a beginner and I find it very useful to read this kind of post. Thanks a lot.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Maybe you should wait for a more appropriate time to invest. It is possible for the end of 2018 when the cryptocurrency market becomes stable. These are some personal tips, decided by yourself.

Yes you are right, being patient is the best way in this industry in order to avoid losing a huge amount of investments when the market prices are dropping in the market.
Activity: 24
Pages:
Jump to: