Pages:
Author

Topic: which dish you like to cook for yourself ? - page 2. (Read 3030 times)

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
The best I can do on my own is probably some fried rice or blueberry pancackes.  Fortunately got the wifey to keep me alive  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
My best dish is spaghetti carbonara. I also make a great pot of Texas red.   
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
Right now, I'm cooking some Fettuccine Alfredo con Pollo. My mother's recipe for Alfredo sauce simply cannot be beat! Fixing some bread and olive pesto and a nice fresh salad as well. This is what I like to cook. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Egg  Grin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Well, i like to make a stack of waffles and put some Nutella on them. Deliciousness served!!!! If not, i always make myself a tea and drink it watching tv.
legendary
Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000
www.bitkong.com
Fried chicken! Delicious
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
These days I've been getting into making my own pizza.  Not a fan of the pizza chains these days, and all the small pizza shops pretty much suck that are close by.

I have found a great pizza crust that I can buy at a local store.  I'm not fan of regular pizza sauce so I end up using Bulls Eye BBQ sauce  I cook up some maple bacon to use as bacon bits and then cook some boneless chicken breast in some of the bacon grease and raw chopped up garlic to add flavor. I let it cool a bit and then cut it into pieces.

I buy some quality pizza mozzarella and use that for the bottom after the sauce.  I then use some thick sliced ham cut into pieces for the first topping. I'll use the chicken next and then put on a second layer of cheese.

Lastly, I'll crumble the bacon chunks on top and sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on the top.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Think you can expand on that list and add potato salad all you need is some potatoes and cheese Smiley
Then throw in some fruits for variety raisins etc.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely try out that one.

BTW... a lot of video recipes are available from the YouTube... I am going through some of them... so hopefully, I'll soon be able to expand my list.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1445
Merit: 1000
I'm not a great cook, i can only prepare salad, pasta, toast, sandwiches etc.
Activity: 142
ramen noodles Cry

Try a twist on this classic.   You need 3 slices of cheese.

Boil the noodles and drain them.  Quickly throw 2 pieces of cheese at the bottom of the pot.  Throw the noodles in and put the last piece of cheese at the top.  Quickly cover with your plate and let sit, unheated, for about 2-5 minutes then mix the cheese into the noodles. 

I used to do a sort of mod to that. rather than cheese slices, I had Cheez wiz and dropped a large tablespoon or so of that into ramen noodles after I drained them. Never used much, if at all of the seasoning packet, really when I did that.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Fitcoin (Freedom Though Fitness)
I love BBQ Smiley Can't stay away!
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Mac and cheese, cereal and milk Cool

It's okay man. Everybody has that moment in their life when they make simplistic meals. Like one time,  I was out of milk for cereal and ate coco puffs with water. It was terrible.

You should have eaten them plain lol
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
lazy days will surely end up on instant noodles  Grin
but when im at the mood on making something i prepare beef brocolli or some chicken adobo with a lot of garlic and with her partner ms mashed potato or some shawarma or some vegatable i like to aet a lot on a cold weather but since summer is still here on my country i dont have enough appetite to make some good food
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
I like doing stir-fry because it's quick and healthy. I do know how to cook other stuff but I'm very lazy.
Yea, I think there are 2 reasons ppl don't cook for themselves.

1. They can't. I know someone who even do badly at cooking instant noodle. Can you imagine that? Yea, I can, I taste it, and its hardly edible. I dunno how she make it, but it seriously, waste of food to let her cook.

2. They lazy. As u said, even if we can cook, at least properly (instant noodle, rice, egg, you name it), we won't do it if we don't feel like doing it, and have someone do it instead.

Just beware with a girl/woman who says they can't cook. You MUST believe them. (experience is the best teacher after all...)

Haha, how is it possible to mess up instant noodles? It's just pouring powered in to the hot water.
Activity: 126
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich - Delicious and easy to do, if you want to make it less calories, skip the bun and have the lettuce on the side.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I like doing stir-fry because it's quick and healthy. I do know how to cook other stuff but I'm very lazy.
Yea, I think there are 2 reasons ppl don't cook for themselves.

1. They can't. I know someone who even do badly at cooking instant noodle. Can you imagine that? Yea, I can, I taste it, and its hardly edible. I dunno how she make it, but it seriously, waste of food to let her cook.

2. They lazy. As u said, even if we can cook, at least properly (instant noodle, rice, egg, you name it), we won't do it if we don't feel like doing it, and have someone do it instead.

Just beware with a girl/woman who says they can't cook. You MUST believe them. (experience is the best teacher after all...)
Activity: 306
Merit: 102
White rice with green bean.
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
A nice baseball cut sirloin or rib eye steak, baked potato, and Caesar salad.  Sometimes I'll make my own dressing for the salad but most of the time it's store bought.  I'veb become somewhat of a BBQ pro over the past 20 years or so. 

I have a real hard time letting someone else BBQ my steak, LOL!

Been thinking about trying to do a steak in a pan on the stove.  I hear they can be amazing if cooked right.
I'm using an electric double sided grill for that, they're good but if you want to try this I don't recommend anything thick. Electric grill does best with thin slices as it doesn't get as hot as the gas one.

Like a George Foreman grill? I use to use one when I rented an apartment years ago and wasn't allowed a BBQ on the deck.  They work great, but i was thinking something more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEx9gPhtjzs

Just seems like a lot more work compared to the BBQ, probably why i haven't tried it yet.  That, and a good cut of beef isn't cheap and I hate wasting food if I screw it up.
Activity: 154
Is there life on Mars?
i still love me some kraft mac and cheese, just like when i was a kid.....
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
This is always a good fall back if you like spicy Thai food:

http://www.realthairecipes.com/recipes/stir-fried-pork-with-holy-basil/

You can always tone down the amount of chili of you don't like it too hot.

I really like the way the egg is deep fried. It's pretty different and good. Can get a bit crispy on the edges.

Pork is the most common meat people use, but chicken and beef work nicely as well.

Pages:
Jump to: