Pages:
Author

Topic: Which is better, ether or bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 24751 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 2
Standard
February 06, 2021, 07:59:48 AM
Both market are going on top at current situation.
I will prefer bitcoin as i am holding and lot of expectations from this coin. However Eth is not a bad choice. Bkth coin have great values. 100$ is not a big investment and hope you will get profit from both
Activity: 1064
Merit: 300
February 06, 2021, 07:53:23 AM
The market has grown very strongly and we should be very careful with investments now.
In any case before investing we should be prepared for the fact that we can lose all our money.
This understanding will allow us to take less risks and take profits.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
February 06, 2021, 05:45:41 AM
What do people think? Is it better to invest, say, 100 dollars in ether or bitcoin?

It should be BTC. There is no other fair blockchain than BTC now that we can be assure that there is a way for transaction fee to be lesser compare to what you can do with ETH.

Sorry for ETH supporter, I do have eth as well. But its platform is just not making everyone get to have a chance. Only allowing users with 32ETH to participate in staking, seem to be like the richer gets more richer system.
Eth transaction fee is a pain in the ass, honestly it's just like its only the rich people are ones who are able to transact with Ethereum during the day-time, while those who don't have much have to wait till midnight to be able to do any transaction with eth and some times even at midnight the cost for each transaction is still about $5, which is still high compared to back then when it was just ~$0.1 for per transaction, bitcoin is undoubtedly way better than eth.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 06, 2021, 05:22:33 AM
Both of them are good but it depends on your purpose we all know that Bitcoin is better than Ethereum,
But there are times that other crypto would be better than Bitcoin specially in short time investment we could see some alt-coin that could be better to buy in order to gain more profit than Bitcoin.
But if you are going for the long run then I prefer Bitcoin over any alt-coin.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
February 06, 2021, 04:51:23 AM
Right now the right choice would be at BTC. Considering the massive growth that both crypto has shown in the past, Bitcoin shows more resilience. ETH sure has been pretty good on its own. Volumes sure has been massive for ETH with the help of DeFi actually and ETH 2.0 hype. All in all, I would still choose BTC over ETH.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 731
Catalog Websites
February 06, 2021, 04:47:24 AM
both are very good for now. the choice depends on the money you have. personally I would choose ethereum for times like this. it's just that, the price is still too high for me, so, I need to wait for a cheaper price than this. So far, I am still trying to collect both coins through cheaper altcoins.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
February 06, 2021, 04:32:48 AM
If you ask both bitcoin and ethereum, of course, it's better to divide your money to buy both. Bitcoin and ethereum have a big advantage in an investment. you can get many benefits. I myself have also invested in both. Currently, the price of Ethereum has increased significantly since it was able to break through 2018. Currently ETH 2.0 is my reference and there are so many defi as a long-term investment
Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
February 06, 2021, 04:16:29 AM
I think its not a very good idea for between ether and bitcoin. Fundamentally they are very much different from each other. Bitcoin is th e first crypto. So the sentiment around bitcoin is very high always and almost 50-60% of the all market is always in Bitcoin. And in ither hand ethereum is very popular among Dev's and people too. Ethereum facing many problem but I think after eth2.0 that thing will shorted. And in profit margin they both are good but in my opinion ethereum still is undervalued and it will explode more.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 06, 2021, 01:43:39 AM
i am a huge beliver that ethereum adds a lot more value to the crypto space as compared to bitcooin
this is because ethereum can be used as a digital infrastructure on the blockchain for the development of new projects, and it is the most widely used smart contract for developing new blockchain projects while BTC serves mainly as a means of value transfer or store of value.
That is one of the reason it is attracting all the scammers in the world to the cryptocurrency space, the ease at which you can create stupid projects and collect money is the biggest scam in the market and till now thousands of scam projects came and scammed away billions of dollars from the investors. So i do not think it is a big deal, bitcoin is a currency while Ethereum is just an infrastructure to create scams with ease Tongue.

Unfortunately that is what ethereum has become, in theory its aim is positive, to allow the people to more easily create their own coins, this way instead of having to create their own network they can run their coins above the ethereum network, while the ethereum network gains users and popularity so everyone wins, however what actually happened is that instead of new developers eager to create new and exciting projects what we see is a bunch of scammers creating many useless coins and wasting hundreds of millions of dollars in the process.
Activity: 523
Merit: 100
February 03, 2021, 05:35:33 PM
What do people think? Is it better to invest, say, 100 dollars in ether or bitcoin?
The best think is split investment for split the risk to lose. I usually invest 60% in BTC, 20% in ETH and 30% in other altcoins more profitable.
In your case, if you wanna invest 100$ the best thing is ethereum because now has more margin to grow than bitcoin
Op doesn't know where to invest than how Ethereum can be the right choice. Split of 100 USD can't be a good investment. The whole 100 USD must be invested on top altcoins. Ethereum is now on the ATH, so both can't be a good investment. 100 USD is huge to invest in any one or two altcoins. Ethereum or Bitcoin bull run is for big investment where 100 USD can't be calculated.
Activity: 308
Merit: 31
Your Data Belongs To You
February 03, 2021, 04:30:13 PM
yu cannot really compare eth and bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a digital currency while eth is a smart contract platform.
From a technical point of view,  it looks like eth could outperfom btc this year.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
February 03, 2021, 03:59:28 PM
i am a huge beliver that ethereum adds a lot more value to the crypto space as compared to bitcooin
this is because ethereum can be used as a digital infrastructure on the blockchain for the development of new projects, and it is the most widely used smart contract for developing new blockchain projects while BTC serves mainly as a means of value transfer or store of value.
That is one of the reason it is attracting all the scammers in the world to the cryptocurrency space, the ease at which you can create stupid projects and collect money is the biggest scam in the market and till now thousands of scam projects came and scammed away billions of dollars from the investors. So i do not think it is a big deal, bitcoin is a currency while Ethereum is just an infrastructure to create scams with ease Tongue.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
February 03, 2021, 03:12:03 PM
Yes, the rise in the price of ethereum should drive up the prices of promising tokens that were created on the ethereum platform. I am also more interested in ethereum and the price of this coin, since I have a lot of ERC-20 tokens in my wallets. Therefore, I invest more free money in ethereum than in bitcoin.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
February 03, 2021, 02:21:10 PM
Yes Etherium now showing its power 1600$ has been achieved now 2000 is new target and irs not far way. Mat be in few days. Bitcoin price 37k and looking for 40k.
Eth smart  is main reason its developed so much in veey short time.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 02, 2021, 07:49:19 PM
For me, the answer may be changing based on the condition of the market itself.
And for now, I will choose to invest in Ethereum with that $100. because ETH is now still on the way to get its pump price again and again, moreover Ethereum has just passed the new ATH again.
Different from Bitcoin, although this coin is a very superpower, but the price right now is not like reaching the new ATH again for several months. But you can use it for your long term investment.
SO, for a short term investment, i will prefer to put that money into Ethereum
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
February 02, 2021, 07:43:09 PM
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 02, 2021, 02:43:12 PM

It should be BTC. There is no other fair blockchain than BTC now that we can be assure that there is a way for transaction fee to be lesser compare to what you can do with ETH.

Sorry for ETH supporter, I do have eth as well. But its platform is just not making everyone get to have a chance. Only allowing users with 32ETH to participate in staking, seem to be like the richer gets more richer system.

Sorry I don't understand? How is 32 Eth cheaper than relocating to somewhere with cheap electricity and buying expensive mining hardware just to have a profitable mining setup.....Seems like only the rich would be able to do that and mine BTC too right?

The only alternative is not relocating, buying expensive btc mining hardware, and then losing money with each btc mined so you also need to have lots of money in order to afford that...

(I'm not saying eth is better than btc, just that they are equally shit Smiley

POW is just POS with extra steps
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1327
February 02, 2021, 02:34:31 PM
The best think is split investment for split the risk to lose. I usually invest 60% in BTC, 20% in ETH and 30% in other altcoins more profitable.
In your case, if you wanna invest 100$ the best thing is ethereum because now has more margin to grow than bitcoin
Activity: 504
Merit: 25
February 02, 2021, 02:25:00 PM
They are both the best digital currencies and also the most recognized digital currencies, if I have any money to invest in crypto these two crypto coins can't be avoided unless you don't know what you really want, they are the most profitable coins presently
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
February 02, 2021, 02:22:09 PM
Both are profitable and high value each. Now both price pumped. Bitcoin from 32 to 35k and Eth 1300 to 1450+
Now it time for altcoin to punp so Eth may be a good choose if you want to invest in only one coin
Pages:
Jump to: