Pages:
Author

Topic: which is more scary... - page 2. (Read 766 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
November 14, 2019, 02:35:12 AM
Hi all...
I want to ask, which of these two things is more feared by traders, market manipulation or coin dumps. both of these things always make the loss of traders from the beginning of popular crypto until now.

I'm personally very scared when the market is at an uptrend, but suddenly there is a dump that causes prices to fall very deep, even lower than when I bought the coin. that's why when prices go up high (more than 15%) I won't buy it. I better not get profit than get stuck by FOMO. while for market manipulation, this is normal. I'm not surprised by this, because I always trade coins that have a large marketcap. so the risk of manipulation is very low. and when there is manipulation I will definitely know.

how about you guys? which makes you scared?
The price will dump because of market manipulation, so that is just the same for me, both are scary and we can never control the market. We lose funds because of those two reasons and prices are dumping because of market manipulation so they are just connected. We cannot control our fear but we can still lessen ours loses if we know how to manage our capital.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 13, 2019, 11:33:09 PM
I think both of them are just as scary as manipulation and dumps can make us lose a lot. therefore I always educate myself not to be greedy when the coins I hold have increased 50% I will sell them and take profits. so that if a dump occurs I won't lose much because I have already made a profit. fluctuating cryptocurrency can provide benefits but can also provide losses so we must be good at seeing every opportunity.
Activity: 778
Merit: 100
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
November 13, 2019, 11:29:45 PM
I was just thinking, when I read your post, isn't we fear about losing all our funds? Market manipulation in the first place exists and that is related to the price dumps of coins whenever they wanted to. Since there is always a way not to be liquidated in our trades or not to lose all our fund, it did not fear me at all.
for those who are experienced like you and understand the risks and investment opportunities of crypto will not be surprised by the pump and dump situation. although there is likely to be 0 for some of the investment assets that we see in the market. but as long as we can choose the right assets and a little risk will be safe.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
November 13, 2019, 11:01:54 PM
Well, typically a dump is due to manipulation, so in a way it's best to be scared of both of them. If referring to price retracement, that's normal ... but that's kind of like a baby-sized dump.

I suppose I'd be more afraid of dumps than manipulation though, as I just assume the entire market is manipulated. And it's possible to time sells before a manipulated dump occurs (as it's typically preceded by a pump). Just a flat out dump ... such as if a dev leaves a coin, or something similar, that's sometimes really difficult to predict.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
November 13, 2019, 06:44:25 PM
I was just thinking, when I read your post, isn't we fear about losing all our funds? Market manipulation in the first place exists and that is related to the price dumps of coins whenever they wanted to. Since there is always a way not to be liquidated in our trades or not to lose all our fund, it did not fear me at all.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
November 13, 2019, 06:35:55 PM
Almost the same as you, I'm always afraid to get stuck on FOMO which is too proud of good news that makes us panic instantly if the news just makes some hike and plunges in the way.
Not only that down trend that prolonged makes us very difficult to take profit because we are in the trigger to be more patient from time to time.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
November 13, 2019, 06:07:25 PM
Am force to ask you how long you learnt trading before getting involved, it comes with its own risks which must be accepted in good faith while applying all skills to avoid them. Both of the factors you mentioned are feared by almost all traders because they can happen anytime which is why a good trader knows when to exit a trade with or without profit and if care is not taken might get trapped. Therefore, both are scary none is bigger than the other.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
November 13, 2019, 05:40:49 PM
You can still maneuver your way no matter how the market is manipulated, but for dump, I have seen the worse scenarios, most especially the ones I do not pray to experience again. So, talking about which is scary, from my own perspective, it is dump.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
November 13, 2019, 04:59:34 PM
You already have a strong foundation and strategy to make the best use of opportunities.  The importance of understanding fundamental and technical analysis, so that we have control, so as not to get stuck in an unfortunate situation.  the price drops can only be a correction, do a maximum analysis, do not miss the moment.
The thing I fear the most is a prediction that misses.  We all know that cryptocurrency is very volatile.  Inappropriate analysis, which leads to loss, this often makes me stressed and my trading mentality is a bit chaotic.  It takes some time to restore confidence.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
November 13, 2019, 03:53:52 PM
Yes, it is quite dangerous to enter into a deal when it is not clear where the coin can go next. It is better to protect yourself and buy only when you are confident in such a transaction.
if we are talking about deals with altcoins then here you can not be 100% sure never. there is a stop loss for this. if the coin goes the wrong way, then you do not lose 50 percent but lose a small amount
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
November 13, 2019, 03:35:08 PM
I fear market manipulation aka Pump and Dump.

Pump and dump is a form of microcap fraud in which the price of an asset, often of low market cap and share volume, is manipulated by a group of coordinated actors through a series of high-volume purchases.

This artificially inflated demand triggers a dramatic increase in the price of the aforementioned asset, and is often accompanied by an influx of unknowing investors who are unaware of the manipulated nature of the spike. Often this phase is augmented through the proliferation of misleading positive statements or recommendations by experts, further driving casual traders to market.

Ultimately, the perpetrators dump their shares, flooding the market and overwhelming organic demand. At this point the share price of the asset plummets, leaving ordinary investors holding now heavily devalued shares.
Activity: 645
Merit: 10
November 13, 2019, 03:30:25 PM
Yes, it is quite dangerous to enter into a deal when it is not clear where the coin can go next. It is better to protect yourself and buy only when you are confident in such a transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
November 13, 2019, 02:44:29 PM
You should have a strict plan and know exact levels where you buy and where you gonna sell. And don't care about the daily manipulations and dumps. Long-term trading only. And no margin trading at all. That's my strategy.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
November 13, 2019, 04:06:09 AM
My biggest fear is not having my asset grow bigger by the time Bitcoin pumps. I'm more of a holder myself and I seldom trade altcoins so I want to have my asset grow as much as possible to gain more profit when bull run comes. Coin dumps will not make me scared, in fact it will make me happy.

If you study the history of Bitcoin, you would know that there's a pattern on how Bitcoin grows and by using that, you are able to make an assumption that you will profit from holding Bitcoin for a long time. Although we see some price declining this days, remember that Bitcoin is so down at the beginning of this year and look at the price right now.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
November 13, 2019, 02:30:32 AM
I am also afraid that the price will experience a dump, because I have lost as much as 75% of assets and took a long time to recover. I also will not buy altcoin if the price is above

All coins must have been dumped, but some have risen and the price has recovered and some have been unable to get up and recover. Even though a token is dumped in the market which causes the price to fall, if the developer team is committed to continuing to produce good products, I think investors will still be interested and believe because the coins are not manipulating
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
November 13, 2019, 01:27:04 AM
Hi all...
I want to ask, which of these two things is more feared by traders, market manipulation or coin dumps. both of these things always make the loss of traders from the beginning of popular crypto until now.

I'm personally very scared when the market is at an uptrend, but suddenly there is a dump that causes prices to fall very deep, even lower than when I bought the coin. that's why when prices go up high (more than 15%) I won't buy it. I better not get profit than get stuck by FOMO. while for market manipulation, this is normal. I'm not surprised by this, because I always trade coins that have a large marketcap. so the risk of manipulation is very low. and when there is manipulation I will definitely know.

for me , manipulation is the biggest fear .
u know why , i have some speculation to some coins, and i am sure maybe 1-2 weeks price will be like my speculation, but when manipulation game happens, i got stuck because it.
of course that happened to HYIP coins such as IEO coins from binance.
even it going high for 10% even 20% , i just have no idea , did i must sell or stay , because another coins seems normal.

Price manipulation is indeed more frightening because manipulation will not continue. When manipulation in the market has stopped, prices will stagnate and there is no real transaction volume. When investors realize this, they will be busy selling and making prices drop dramatically
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
November 12, 2019, 10:36:56 PM
Hi all...

for me , manipulation is the biggest fear .
u know why , i have some speculation to some coins, and i am sure maybe 1-2 weeks price will be like my speculation, but when manipulation game happens, i got stuck because it.
of course that happened to HYIP coins such as IEO coins from binance.
even it going high for 10% even 20% , i just have no idea , did i must sell or stay , because another coins seems normal.
Activity: 756
Merit: 1
November 12, 2019, 09:43:15 PM
I am also afraid that the price will experience a dump, because I have lost as much as 75% of assets and took a long time to recover. I also will not buy altcoin if the price is above
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
November 12, 2019, 09:11:56 PM
I am not scared, but I am worried if I see the market got dump because that will makes the price is down too deep. That will makes traders will panic because some of them cannot hold longer and they will make fast decision to sell their coin without think that is only for a flash dump. I am worried that the price needs longer to increase again, and sometimes, that will trigger to get another dump. I see that is happening with bitcoin yesterday and make the price down step by step.
there are many traders out there who certainly have different ways, some traders have good patience and of course when a dump occurs they will be better able to control themselves better and remain patient to wait for the market to pump. in potential coin trading i don't think it takes a long time to increase again so there is no reason for you to sell it too fast because prices will at least go down and go up fast, of course good traders will be aware of the situation
Crypto markets are often very volatile so it's impossible to predict exactly when that will happen. I think being patient during this time is the best solution to make money because there are not many investment opportunities this year and we are at very bad stage so we need to consider more carefully. Currently you should better manage your assets and limit transactions in the bear market because the current market is not stable so the risk will be very high.

Of course everyone is afraid of the market crash but I believe the market will soon return to the uptrend because in recent months there has been a lot of news supporting this market in the near future.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
November 12, 2019, 09:11:07 PM
Yes, market manipulation is very bad. Sometimes it does not allow you to see the full picture of what is happening in the market and it can play a cruel joke.

If that is so, traders should understand the movement and the plan of the whales on maneuvering the market trend of a cryptocurrency. Basically we have technical analysis that we can execute, and if it is not effective, we can add the knowledge and updates we can get from various cryptocurrency trading signals and news concerning crypto itself. But I think the best way to make the most of the market is to predict the next move of the whales who indirectly controlling the market.
Pages:
Jump to: