Pages:
Author

Topic: Which of these bitcoin units do you NOT want to use? - page 2. (Read 7229 times)

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
i laugh at these crap polls.

as it is rather funny that there are over a dozen polls where people are trying very effort they can to denounce bits, yet if you check many many websites people are beginning to buy domains with bits in the name and not mbtc or ubtc..

take for instance
would you rather see a logo that says 'bitpay' or 'mbitpay'
would you rather see a logo that says 'bitstamp' or 'mbitstamp'
would you rather see a logo that says 'bitme' or 'mbitme'

i can name many many more websites with bit in the name but cant see any with ubit or mbit... thus its easy to see which direction merchants are choosing, as oppose to 'users' dramatic cries

top-down (micro/milli) only really works for a couple decimals. but the bottom up(satoshi/bits) works for smaller fractions of a bitcoin, which is more future proofing.

the whole point is not to say that when people start using bits measures, that 'bitcoin' wont be used ever again. the point is that instead of saying microbitcoins, we give names to multiples of satoshi's and they all work side by side

take for instance dollars.
no one uses deci dollars for the name of 10cents.

infact they used 'disme' at first with was latin and then shortened to dime later on for more of a relaxed and easier way to say it. so eventually mbit and ubit will be shortened out also to something 'common man' will use.

so instead of the confusion of the different between u and m.. purely for future proofs sake the measurement will be the metric of ubit.. (100 sat) and the common name will (by already viewing the use of) be bits.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I like BTC, satoshi is my second favor
Activity: 112
i don't want to use mbtc
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
We want to get bitcoin out of the lab, so to speak. It needs to be much easier to use, and the question you should be asking, is not what do you want, but what makes better sense for the (hopefully) billions of future adopters, many of whom may be far less numerate than the average bitcoiner, and much more comfortable with a conventional 1,000.00 currency format.

Do you think 1,000.00 is easier to understand than 100,000 for the next billion adopters?
You seem to be missing the point (pun intended). 1,000.00 illustrates the format - comma separated and accurate to 2 decimal places, like dollars and cents. It's not just some random large number.

+1

We need the XXXX.00 format.  That way someday 1 satoshi will psychological gravitate towards 0.01 USD.  Yes, this is a real thing.  At that point 1 Bitcoin will be worth 1 mill USD. 
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
We want to get bitcoin out of the lab, so to speak. It needs to be much easier to use, and the question you should be asking, is not what do you want, but what makes better sense for the (hopefully) billions of future adopters, many of whom may be far less numerate than the average bitcoiner, and much more comfortable with a conventional 1,000.00 currency format.

Do you think 1,000.00 is easier to understand than 100,000 for the next billion adopters?
You seem to be missing the point (pun intended). 1,000.00 illustrates the format - comma separated and accurate to 2 decimal places, like dollars and cents. It's not just some random large number.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
vote for satoshi
Activity: 84
Hi.
I was surprised by the µBTC hate (my keyboard has a µ symbol). I guess I learned something from this poll.

One term I hate more than 'bits' is "nanocoins", used to refer to the base-unit in BitcoinJS (apparently it pre-dated the wide acceptance of the satoshi term).
1 satoshi= 10 nBTC!

There's nBTC Too?

I learned something new today Smiley
Activity: 69

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
I was surprised by the µBTC hate (my keyboard has a µ symbol). I guess I learned something from this poll.

One term I hate more than 'bits' is "nanocoins", used to refer to the base-unit in BitcoinJS (apparently it pre-dated the wide acceptance of the satoshi term).
1 satoshi= 10 nBTC!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
satoshi is not good.
Activity: 3
vote for uBTC Cry
Activity: 2
I vote for BTC BTC Grin
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
satoshis
Activity: 238
uBTC? bit is easier...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
mbtc, <--- good for middle of ground sends
satashi <==== good for the broke folks
BTC <--- good for the rich folks...

all the others can easily be converted to these and much easier imo
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
One thing i was thinking if we all changed to using "bits" instead of bitcoin etc.. well part of the reason the price bubbles have so much hype and bring in new investment and community members is because of price.
Activity: 69
I really hate satoshi, it makes absolutely no sense at all. btc is okay but what's with satoshi !!!

Satoshi is the reason why Bitcoin exists. Kiss

The more we talk on this topic, the more confusion there is. As long as the unit is understood by both parties, so what issue there is?

I'm trying to list reasons why people dislike specific units:

Some people feel some kind of frustration because they have to pay hundreds of fiat money and get only zero-point-something in their bitcoin wallet. This is an issue for them.

Other people are afraid that a unit they use (bitcoin) could be confused with a very very similiar sounding unit that was introduced to solve that issue (bit). This is an issue, too.

Can we find a solution that makes both groups happy? I think so.
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
I wouldn't use µBTC / uBTC , bit. There is no need to use these units as these can be replaced by satoshi.

BTC, mBTC and satoshi are good and easy to use. Any amount less than mBTC should be called satoshi.
Activity: 140
In my country, mBTC is used very frequently. I think this will be the de factor unit of BTC for a long time.
Pages:
Jump to: