Pages:
Author

Topic: While people stare at Trumps Ukraine comments, Biden is let off the hook. - page 4. (Read 810 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

This is kind of garbage that Democrats are pushing. They want to lean over backwards and look the other way at their peoples' corruption, but get out a microscope to find the smallest thing about Trump.

On a different level entirely, this kind of crazy is that which can only be created and propagated by lawyers. Regular people see through. And that's a major reason why Trump is where he is right now.

I think you're right in a way.

I think a large amount of people can agree that what Biden did is a problem and is a conflict of interest,  me included.

I think that the prosecutor was fired due to getting too close to Bidens son, and maybe Biden had another cover -- as the prosecutor maybe was corrupt as well. So Biden had been able to get away with both.

In a nutshell.

Biden: Prove that he's guilty.

Trump: Prove that he's not guilty.

The styling of both arguments incorporates the logical error of the "Irrefutable Hypothesis," but it's being used in opposite directions simultaneously.

Lawyer tactics to obscure the truth.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Also -- the prosecutor had been forced out because of his investigation??? Isn't that what we're all saying here.

Yes, that's what you're all saying here because this is an echo chamber outside of my opinion. I'm glad you at least framed it as a question, because that's what it is: a question. We don't know the answer. Of course its easy to assume that's the case if you don't like Biden.

I do agree with you about the "conflict of interest" part. As I've said before I don't know what Hunter Biden was doing there other than using his last name to make big bucks. I'm not going to say Biden's conversation was "perfect" when he bragged about having the prosecutor fired. Perhaps that will become its own investigation, if its not already. However, I don't see him being destroyed over this. If he slips in the polls, perhaps it will just be a better entrance for my man Bernie, so I actually wouldn't mind it. I just don't see that happening, however. I think there's a 90% chance he'll still be the dem nominee.

Well yeah -- it's a question to me as well. We're most likely never actually going to know if that was the reason that the prosecutor was fired. We're all just going to form our different theories here. Very easy to assume if you don't like Biden....

When you have Joe Biden bragging about threatening to get the prosecutor fired by with holding a billion dollars, said prosecutor being fired exactly when Biden threatened them, you have no factual basis to make the claim bolded above.

This is kind of garbage that Democrats are pushing. They want to lean over backwards and look the other way at their peoples' corruption, but get out a microscope to find the smallest thing about Trump.

On a different level entirely, this kind of crazy is that which can only be created and propagated by lawyers. Regular people see through. And that's a major reason why Trump is where he is right now.

Just to further explain what I meant when I typed that -- if you were to see I had been talking about how no one will know the exact reason that he was fired.

Biden is going to say he was fired by an international effort to remove him due to corruption.
Trump is going to say the prosecutor was fired due to going after Bidens son, Hunter Biden.

We know that the prosecutor was fired because of Biden forcing him out, yes, no one disagrees there. But no one knows the true reason that Biden had pushed for his removal. And we most likely will never know.

I meant exactly what I said. All that you have done is note that no one ever can truly know another's internal motivations. Except to the extent that it is evidenced by his statements or actions.

Repeating,

I think you're right in a way.

I think a large amount of people can agree that what Biden did is a problem and is a conflict of interest,  me included.

I think that the prosecutor was fired due to getting too close to Bidens son, and maybe Biden had another cover -- as the prosecutor maybe was corrupt as well. So Biden had been able to get away with both.
legendary
Also -- the prosecutor had been forced out because of his investigation??? Isn't that what we're all saying here.

Yes, that's what you're all saying here because this is an echo chamber outside of my opinion. I'm glad you at least framed it as a question, because that's what it is: a question. We don't know the answer. Of course its easy to assume that's the case if you don't like Biden.

I do agree with you about the "conflict of interest" part. As I've said before I don't know what Hunter Biden was doing there other than using his last name to make big bucks. I'm not going to say Biden's conversation was "perfect" when he bragged about having the prosecutor fired. Perhaps that will become its own investigation, if its not already. However, I don't see him being destroyed over this. If he slips in the polls, perhaps it will just be a better entrance for my man Bernie, so I actually wouldn't mind it. I just don't see that happening, however. I think there's a 90% chance he'll still be the dem nominee.

Well yeah -- it's a question to me as well. We're most likely never actually going to know if that was the reason that the prosecutor was fired. We're all just going to form our different theories here. Very easy to assume if you don't like Biden....

When you have Joe Biden bragging about threatening to get the prosecutor fired by with holding a billion dollars, said prosecutor being fired exactly when Biden threatened them, you have no factual basis to make the claim bolded above.

Just to further explain what I meant when I typed that -- if you were to see I had been talking about how no one will know the exact reason that he was fired.

Biden is going to say he was fired by an international effort to remove him due to corruption.
Trump is going to say the prosecutor was fired due to going after Bidens son, Hunter Biden.

We know that the prosecutor was fired because of Biden forcing him out, yes, no one disagrees there. But no one knows the true reason that Biden had pushed for his removal. And we most likely will never know.

I meant exactly what I said. All that you have done is note that no one ever can truly know another's internal motivations. Except to the extent that it is evidenced by his statements or actions.

Repeating,

legendary

legendary

legendary

Well yeah -- it's a question to me as well. We're most likely never actually going to know if that was the reason that the prosecutor was fired. We're all just going to form our different theories here. Very easy to assume if you don't like Biden.

Without a doubt what Hunter Biden was doing. He was using his name to help a company look better as they were in a very tough time. I even said before, it's not rare for someone with literally no experience in that particular industry or company to be on the board of that company.

I'm just pointing out that this is a conflict of interest. That's it.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

legendary
Eh I mean I think everything has been confirmed in the broad strokes of what is going on here.

Bidens son worked for a company that was under the scrutiny of the Ukranian government.
Biden had been involved in the pushing out of the prosecutor that was investigating his son.
That's it.

That's the conflict of interest.

But that's the thing: Shokin wasn't investigating Biden's son. He was investigating the Burisma company itself. He even says this:

The investigation started before Hunter Biden took his role at the company.

Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau said on Friday it was investigating activity at Burisma between 2010-2012, but that it was not looking into changes to its board in 2014, when Hunter Biden joined.

Ukrainian prosecutors have said they are not investigating Hunter Biden, but are looking into the legality of Burisma’s activities before Biden joined its board. Burisma, which denies any wrongdoing, has faced allegations of dodging taxes and of improperly securing licenses for gas deposits.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-ukraine/ukraine-must-investigate-joe-bidens-son-says-ex-ukrainian-pm-idUSKBN1WD0PK

Has nothing to do with Hunter Biden. I really just don't think Joe Biden would be dumb enough to brag about how he had Shokin fired if his son was actively being investigated by Shokin. That's because he wasn't. Its a non-issue. If new investigations need to be opened because of Hunter Biden's involvement with the company, that's another story. But it has nothing to do with Shokin.

I had mistyped.

I had meant that they had been investigating the company, but the point still stands on the conflict of interest. There's no reason that we should let Biden off the hook for this, he had still allowed for a clear conflict of interest to occur without disclosing it.

Also -- the prosecutor had been forced out because of his investigation??? Isn't that what we're all saying here.s
legendary
Once again, as I repeatedly explained before,your timeline is meaningless for several reasons. First of all he was receiving payments from Burima Holdings well before he was on the board. Second, I already mentioned, Hunter Biden being placed in the very lucrative board position AFTER Joe Biden fixed their prosecutor problem could have just as easily been part of their payoff/reward for doing so.

He worked in no capacity for Burisma prior to 2014. You keep bringing up this board member stuff as if its the only thing that matters. The investigation had nothing to do with Hunter Biden. Why can't you accept that? "Specific plans" for a future investigation... that's fine. It had nothing to do with the investigation ongoing at the time.

Regardless if Hunter was the one to initiate the original crimes that started the investigation

As I repeatedly have explained to you: Hunter Biden didn't join Burisma until 2014. He was not working for them in any capacity prior. You just revealed how little you actually understand about the order of events, so who are you to criticize my timeline? I just posted a quote from an article (which you are probably now going to dismiss as fake news):

Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau said on Friday it was investigating activity at Burisma between 2010-2012, but that it was not looking into changes to its board in 2014, when Hunter Biden joined.

Edit - here's a more direct mention of Hunter not being hired until 2014:

Burisma hired Hunter Biden after Yanukovich was toppled in a popular revolt in 2014 and replaced by a pro-Western government.

Burisma, which denies any wrongdoing, has faced allegations of dodging taxes and of improperly securing licenses for gas deposits.

Again, nothing to do with Hunter Biden. Zero. Zip. Nada. You're just unwilling to be honest about what actually happened.

Try again.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Eh I mean I think everything has been confirmed in the broad strokes of what is going on here.

Bidens son worked for a company that was under the scrutiny of the Ukranian government.
Biden had been involved in the pushing out of the prosecutor that was investigating his son.
That's it.

But that's the thing: Shokin wasn't investigating Biden's son. He was investigating the Burisma company itself. He even says this:

Ukrainian prosecutors have said they are not investigating Hunter Biden, but are looking into the legality of Burisma’s activities before Biden joined its board. Burisma, which denies any wrongdoing, has faced allegations of dodging taxes and of improperly securing licenses for gas deposits.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-ukraine/ukraine-must-investigate-joe-bidens-son-says-ex-ukrainian-pm-idUSKBN1WD0PK

Has nothing to do with Hunter Biden. I really just don't think Joe Biden would be dumb enough to brag about how he had Shokin fired if his son was actively being investigated by Shokin. That's because he wasn't. Its a non-issue. If new investigations need to be opened because of Hunter Biden's involvement with the company, that's another story. But it has nothing to do with Shokin.

"Shokin told me in written answers to questions that, before he was fired as general prosecutor, he had made “specific plans” for the investigation that “included interrogations and other crime-investigation procedures into all members of the executive board, including Hunter Biden.”"

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/436816-joe-bidens-2020-ukrainian-nightmare-a-closed-probe-is-revived

Once again, as I repeatedly explained before,your timeline is meaningless for several reasons. First of all he was receiving payments from Burima Holdings well before he was on the board. Second, I already mentioned, Hunter Biden being placed in the very lucrative board position AFTER Joe Biden fixed their prosecutor problem could have just as easily been part of their payoff/reward for doing so.

Regardless if Hunter was the one to initiate the original crimes that started the investigation, it certainly does seem evident he was quite complicit in helping to hide those crimes by selling his father's influence for pay. Also, at the time Biden made those public statements, he probably never imagined his powerful international cartel buddies would lose control, and would prevent any repercussions against him no matter what he said. Criminals at this level are quite known for falling to their own hubris after all.
legendary

That's it.

legendary
(ridiculously verbose diarrhea)

That's a long way to go about admitting that I'm right. Nowhere in your long-winded spiel did you even counter the points that I made. You just proceeded to bark at me like a rabid chihuahua. Again, what it comes down to is you don't know more about the situation than Lutsenko. He is not a fan of foreign interference, but since he said something opposite of your narrative you decided to puke on him, and me for bringing it up.

As I said in the post, while this may not have been illegal nor a crime -- there was still a clear conflict of interest that Joe Biden ignored to mention to the American people while he had been negotiating there.

That's the part that I take offense with.

I don't think the "conflict of interest" is as clear as you think it is. We don't know the finer details. We just have words by Biden, and words by Trump, and a billion different opinions spanning the entirety of the political spectrum. Proving that Biden forced Ukraine to remove Shokin because his son was being investigated by him is going to be an impossible job. Impeaching Trump over his latest, particularly severe blunder is going to be easy by comparison.

Sorry to disappoint you all but I like Biden more now than I ever did before. I have a feeling that a lot of usually-dem voters paying attention to the news feel the same.

That's it.

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
People forget in this entire Trump-Ukraine scandal that there is a person that is being left out of all investigations relating the topic. JOE BIDEN

Joe Biden is the point man for the Obama administration on all things Ukraine. He deals with everything going in and out of the WH regarding Ukraine.

Well at the same time as this, Joe Biden son, Hunter Biden, has received a job from a Ukrainian oil company who is under the scrutiny of Ukrainian prosecutors. Hunter Biden has no history in the oil industry, though I don't think this is something to be looked at weirdly -- as picking people to be apart of your corporate board simply based on their name is something that is pretty common in corporate America. Though that's where the issue lies, picking Hunter Biden is picking someone simply because of the fact that he's a Biden and you're trying to ride off the coattails of the Biden name.

But that's exactly what happens -- a prosecutor is fired under the direct order of Joe Biden (who had also threatened to withhold foreign aid from Ukraine) that had been investigating the company that Biden had been working for.

So yeah -- the real story in my head here is the fact that at worst Biden had abused his position as the point man for foreign relations in Ukraine to directly benefit his family. And at worst, Biden had a clear conflict of interest that he failed to bring to the attention of the WH and the American people. Biden without a doubt shouldn't have been involved in these negotiations with Ukraine if he has this clear conflict of interest involving his SON.

@squatz1 I’m positive that you did not expect that the fake media would demand for investigations into Biddens role during his dealings with Ukraine on behalf of his son?. This saga has once again proven that the media has a vendetta against Trump, but it won’t matter because he’s a warrior and he’ll come out as a winner in this situation too. It’s pertinent to note that the Ukrainian President has confirmed that no one asked him to probe Biden, but yet the media is not stopping it’s witch-hunt against Trump.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn48UP4hx3Q
legendary

Sorry to disappoint you all but I like Biden more now than I ever did before. I have a feeling that a lot of usually-dem voters paying attention to the news feel the same.

This would appear to be a textbook example of cognitive dissonance at work.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever

That's a long way to go about admitting that I'm right. Nowhere in your long-winded spiel did you even counter the points that I made. You just proceeded to bark at me like a rabid chihuahua. Again, what it comes down to is you don't know more about the situation than Lutsenko. He is not a fan of foreign interference, but since he said something opposite of your narrative you decided to puke on him, and me for bringing it up.

As I said in the post, while this may not have been illegal nor a crime -- there was still a clear conflict of interest that Joe Biden ignored to mention to the American people while he had been negotiating there.

I don't think the "conflict of interest" is as clear as you think it is. We don't know the finer details. We just have words by Biden, and words by Trump, and a billion different opinions spanning the entirety of the political spectrum. Proving that Biden forced Ukraine to remove Shokin because his son was being investigated by him is going to be an impossible job. Impeaching Trump over his latest, particularly severe blunder is going to be easy by comparison.

You didn't make any points. You made claims. Claims that make no sense which I have already addressed by explaining what is actually going on by referencing the historical links to this current fiasco. Oh I am certain Lutsenko knows exactly what happened, because he was part of the coup and is desperate to cover his own ass.

You keep jerkin your cocktail girkin over dreams of ousting Trump over media hype while minimizing a well documented history of corruption, extortion, and treason. LOL, "finer details". Way to make extortion sound like a classy tuxedo gala while you treat the king's castle like a McDonald's bathroom. The only people that still believe your narrative are the desperate feckless ostriches like you who think one day they're going to click their heels together 3 times and the 2016 election results will magically be reversed.

Ron Paul Asks: "Impeachment... Or CIA Coup?"
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2019/september/30/impeachment-or-cia-coup/
legendary

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
Joe and Hunter Biden's Ukraine dealings didn't warrant investigation, ex-law enforcement official says

Ukraine’s former top law enforcement official told the Los Angeles Times he saw no reason to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden or his son Hunter, in a story published Sunday.

Yuri Lutsenko, the Ukraine ex-prosecutor general, said he told President Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani they had not broken any Ukrainian laws to his knowledge. He said he would start a probe only after U.S. officials launched an investigation.

“I said, ‘Let’s put this through prosecutors, not through presidents,’” Lutsenko told The Times. “I told him I could not start an investigation just for the interests of an American official.”

More info here:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-29/former-ukraine-prosecutor-says-no-wrongdoing-biden
Even if what Biden did was legal (I have serious doubts about this), it was horribly unethical and corrupt. His presidential campaign is going to end over it.
legendary
Let the Dems rally around Biden, a third rate candidate for the POTUS.

That virtually assures Trump wins Four More.

I'm okay with that.

I think that if the Dems actually do pick Biden, they're going to be digging their own grave. Biden is a candidate which alienates a large part of the party, which is the new progressive side of the party. He's someone that's going to be a slap in the face to the Sanders/Warren portion of the party, who have seen themselves past over yet again for the establishment candidate.

We'll see, but I do truly think that picking Biden kills the progressives voter turnout. Which is great for the GOP, but not so much for the Dems.
legendary
Let the Dems rally around Biden, a third rate candidate for the POTUS.

That virtually assures Trump wins Four More.

I'm okay with that.

legendary
Joe and Hunter Biden's Ukraine dealings didn't warrant investigation, ex-law enforcement official says

Ukraine’s former top law enforcement official told the Los Angeles Times he saw no reason to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden or his son Hunter, in a story published Sunday.

Yuri Lutsenko, the Ukraine ex-prosecutor general, said he told President Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani they had not broken any Ukrainian laws to his knowledge. He said he would start a probe only after U.S. officials launched an investigation.

“I said, ‘Let’s put this through prosecutors, not through presidents,’” Lutsenko told The Times. “I told him I could not start an investigation just for the interests of an American official.”

More info here:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-29/former-ukraine-prosecutor-says-no-wrongdoing-biden

Pages:
Jump to: