Pages:
Author

Topic: Who would actually believe celebs promoting crypto? - page 5. (Read 24521 times)

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
Actually it will be everyone,if he gets the feeling of success.for that good knowledge about cryptocurrency market.because now there is no good profit from 70% ICO Coin in Invest.in fact now the crypto market is very low.So you can promote however, it is measured by the measurement.
Activity: 319
Merit: 11
If a crypto startup project hires an actor or famous celebrity, expect that their product is nothing more than a money raising scheme. If hype would have been the most important for an ico they can easily get it in this industry, but the real fight can be found after ico and while they are developing the product and establishing real market use.
Activity: 444
Merit: 101
I for one certainly would not.  Far as i'm concerned, celebrities seldom promote anything they strongly believe in, either because its not worth their time, fear of being criticized or not wanting to be affiliated with it.   In most cases, they promote only things that they get paid to promote.  IMO, its the one thing that crypto doesn't need.   
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
A lot of people will do. Interesting fact is, everybody knows that Celebs will prompt even shit if they get good money, but the majority of people will believe that those are true as a Celebe is telling that.
We have a celebrity culture in many countries, just take notice of the amount of time that things like sports and celebrities take in a regular news paper or in the TV news and you will see that they occupy anything between 30% to 60% of the time and as you know there are websites, magazines and TV shows completely dedicated to that so I agree that many people will fall for it because they do not know any better.

I am sorry for those people because they are going to be scammed of their money but even if that is the case you should not let yourself make the same mistake and if you see a friend or family member about to do something like that prevent them and explain to them why it is a bad idea.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
DJ Khaled and Mayweather had an issue about shilling an ICO. And other celebrities hyping or promoting scam coins. Who would actually rely on their words? If you're listening to celebs then you are not ready for this type of market at all.

rarely are artists who have an interest in blockchain or crypto technology as investment, trade or virtual currency types. so I'm not sure, because in most cases, celebs are only paid to promote to attract a lot of interest from new investors
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Student Coin
Actually our champ which is manny pacquiao has token which celebrities can use it to promote their products to sell easily in market,so theres no things that can block to promote crypto.
Activity: 349
the truth is there are so many celebs who have invested in crypto, while some are not shy about saying it most prefer to keep it a low profile. But then being a celeb doesnt mean you shut your eyes to opportunity. most of these celebs are smart and enlightend and definitely want to invest in opportunities
Celebrity is a group of people who earn big money, so they invest money everywhere, including cryptocurrency investment.
There are celebrities who openly acknowledge crypto investments, but some are silent. That is a choice in investment.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Celebrities are considered very influential. With their fame and influence, it stimulates individuals to pay more attention to them and they can easily gain our trust. However, I don't think that most of these celebrities are actually doing as to how they are being paid for. They are mostly featured to be a model and to attract more viewers and gain interests from the public. It's still very important to do our own research, be creative to decide, to build a strong foundation of knowledge, awareness, understanding, and not to rely much from how these celebrities promote such products or projects.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
We can't fully rely on someone else regarding bitcoin. Yes, it would help those who wanted to have an idea about what really bitcoin is. But it's actually a must that we personally study on how and what to do with bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
A lot of people will do. Interesting fact is, everybody knows that Celebs will prompt even shit if they get good money, but the majority of people will believe that those are true as a Celebe is telling that.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
DJ Khaled and Mayweather had an issue about shilling an ICO. And other celebrities hyping or promoting scam coins. Who would actually rely on their words? If you're listening to celebs then you are not ready for this type of market at all.

They can hire celebrities or celebrities hype the coins but it still goes down to how the project is, of course, they can make short term profit but only good project can make long term project and besides these celebrities are being paid or just here to make a quick profit.
Activity: 364

No, celebs just promote it because they get paid for it no more no less, its just like another endorsement. For them getting into this just like another gamble, they don't know about it actually or maybe some assitant control their assets. The important things are don't let big people who didnt know about crypto can make you trapped with their ads

Except some bussinessman like CEO of big company, you can think twice about it.
Activity: 475
Merit: 1
Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
the truth is there are so many celebs who have invested in crypto, while some are not shy about saying it most prefer to keep it a low profile. But then being a celeb doesnt mean you shut your eyes to opportunity. most of these celebs are smart and enlightend and definitely want to invest in opportunities
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
These people are shills and nothing more, they should be rounded up for participating in what they know to be ponzi schemes.
Activity: 798
Merit: 121
Celebrities are so influential that makes other people pursue on each advertisement they are promoting. Even though many people don't have much knowledge still on crypto world.
Right celebrities are so influential people and many people believe them in there words. That's why when they promote or advertise bitcoin people believe or accept it easily even they don't have knowledge about it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 20
simply getting the job done
I try not to listen to anyone at all in choosing the subject of investment. Especially a boxer or a musician. What do these people generally understand in cryptocurrencies? They were paid money and they told you what they were asked to say. This is the same as believing in everything that is said in advertising on TV. ) Even people who really understand cryptocurrencies are hard to believe, since many of them can be biased or simply bought by someone. Or they may just be wrong. This is peculiar to people. The most correct way is to make decisions on your own. Learn more about where you plan to invest and then make a decision.
Activity: 187
Merit: 1
I don't believe celebs about anything, let alone obvious paid advertisement. If you want to progress in life, you wanna remove celebs from your information sources  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
I am done believing celebs when it comes to cryptocurrency. I bought into the Centra coin because of Floyd Mayweather's promotion and supposed involvement but the outcome was a collapse of that project. I lost a lot of money. I also bought Electroneum because of the involvement of an English premier league coach (can't remember his name now). We all know how electroneum is struggling till today.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
I don’t see anything wrong here, cryptocurrencies have become very popular, they know that they all, why don't the stars enter this wave and prove to their fans that they keep up with the times. There is mutual PR and it is normal, and even correct.
The problem that is see is that they are promoting icos as if they are a product that you can buy in any store but that is not the case, do you see any celebrity promoting Google or Facebook so people buy shares of that company? Because I do not.

An ico is a very risky investment that can make you lose all your money very fast and people do not really understand the risks they are taking when they invest, so while in a decentralized market is impossible to regulate what the celebrities do with their fame they are taking a huge risk too because if the ico scams its users then it is likely that will reflect in their image as well and that is something they do not want.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
Most investors will choose ICO projects that are promoted by celebrities, When celebrity celebrities will attract the attention of many investors and rely on their popularity may be insurance for the development of the project.
It doesn’t make sense to me since I only invest based on their project and not just on the promotion. Having celebrity with your marketing team doesn’t give any assurance that the project is good. Investors always depend on the project and if you don’t then you are joining the hype of that coin.  
Must be read for a lot of people, that actually celeb is really influence project to be hype. But at the end it is all about that developer itself. Don't ever join project before analyze and make any research about the project yet.
I think when a celebrity be hire by project to promote their products, of course the project has a big promotion fund, we know how much celebrity costs to do promotion? it can be a good and potential project? but you're right, at least we have to do research first, don't be too easy to believe

Correct .  its too costy to use a celebrity and promote your goods on t.v , radio , online , evrywhere ..  

That also means that the project has a big budget to finish their plans  . so its safe to say that they are legit  and paying .

Its really believable that a celebrity can promote crypto because they are being paid  . who know, maybe they are also investing with it  if ever they get interested on what they are promoting .
Pages:
Jump to: