Pages:
Author

Topic: Why 99% Alt Coin Will Fail? A Case Study - page 8. (Read 1793 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 4
October 20, 2017, 06:27:53 AM
I fully agree with you. Because projects can promise anything - neural networks, mobile mining, etc, but all these "nice words" have no meaning for investors without strong development team
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
October 20, 2017, 02:03:40 AM
I like most of your point but the one I like most is that most people wants to run a company and be an enterprenuer without having any sound knowledge of how to market it, there is difference when you get to the real market proper, I have started some business and I know how competitive the space is. My advice is not to stick to any project long term because most will fail and better idea will pop up.

New coins appear everyday. I guess your talk is true. Some of them will succeed, but most of them will fail. Currently, some of the coins we know in the market, are few and can be counted with our fingers. For example let me mention: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dash, Zcash, Monero, and some others.

When compared with the number of other coins, definitely the coin above is nothing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 20, 2017, 01:46:12 AM
I like most of your point but the one I like most is that most people wants to run a company and be an enterprenuer without having any sound knowledge of how to market it, there is difference when you get to the real market proper, I have started some business and I know how competitive the space is. My advice is not to stick to any project long term because most will fail and better idea will pop up
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
October 20, 2017, 01:13:41 AM
Failure in business is not peculiar to crypto currency alone! Take time off crypto and read statistcs in the  Mainstream! More than 90% of new start up fail also in other businesses! Something that is different about crypto however is when any coin succeed, millions of people all around he world regardless of their colour, creed or beliefs will benefit!
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
October 20, 2017, 01:00:34 AM

I agree with your list of success factors.

Those Coins/Tokens that have a simplistic view of the function of their Token / Coin, such just as a digital currency, will not survive.
How many types of digital currency do we really need?

Those Alt Coins/Tokens that solves a problem, and they have a great team (in all departments), markets well, deliver their promises, resolves unforeseen problems quickly, find many supporters (corporations and even governments), ease of use, ease of exchange (fiat-crypto and crypto-fiat), bringing awareness and knowledge to the public for mass adoption will become successful.  Once you have the critical mass confidently using your cryptocurrency, it will become 'sticky' and it will become a barrier of entry for others.

Although many groups of people are for decentralization, and not regulation, I think government support and regulation is the only way for crypto acceptance to growth to mass adoption levels.  On top of that list of success factors, I like to add that Alt coins that go towards this direction of government support will have the greatest chance of success. 

Activity: 251
October 20, 2017, 12:11:53 AM
Just noticed on Alt coin announcement, what's going on with Ether coin? There are 5 new ICO associate with Ether everyday. Do people realized these coins has no value, or these are shit coins. Someone has to stop this madness.

No one will stop as long as there is a sucker born every minute.

The prevalent FOMO also helps to feed the madness.
Activity: 532
Merit: 107
October 19, 2017, 11:59:29 PM
Just noticed on Alt coin announcement, what's going on with Ether coin? There are 5 new ICO associate with Ether everyday. Do people realized these coins has no value, or these are shit coins. Someone has to stop this madness.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
October 12, 2017, 06:54:04 PM
I think you nailed it.

It's about the money and not the technology. When it is about the technology, which is 1% of the time, 1% of those projects will succeed.
99% are opportunists, sooner or later they will vanish and the true projects will come alive.We can't blame the amateur developers, when the faucet opened, the water will flow, it is in the cryptocurrencies, the faucets are opened, everyone can participate no need skilled developers , they become part of this growth. It is natural. When time goes by, the users or investors will be more selective to invest in ICOs.
October 12, 2017, 06:43:59 PM
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
October 12, 2017, 12:52:59 PM
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
October 12, 2017, 12:38:43 PM
With today's competition, no new coin or token would survive if they don't have an efficient and renowned team behind them. There's no place for novice developer.
We are living in competition age and if you want to survive you must have to done all your home work and its not only about technology its about money also because you need to do marketing and all material for success if you can do this then you are in 1% otherwise you are surely in 99%
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
October 12, 2017, 12:36:35 PM
Yes I agree with your opinion.

Thank you Smiley i know lots of people will agree with me. But i am interested those people who isn't. i want to know their opinion. It will be fun debating on this issue.

Unless if the coin has a purpose which it can solve problems of numerous people that coin will have the good demand and thus  it price will rise also . If the team is good and had a vision then too price will rise and will create demand else mostly coin will fail In most cases .

Activity: 1890
Merit: 300
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
October 12, 2017, 12:34:32 PM
With today's competition, no new coin or token would survive if they don't have an efficient and renowned team behind them. There's no place for novice developer.
Activity: 263
YGOLD is a Defi platform
October 12, 2017, 12:06:57 PM
October 12, 2017, 10:08:51 AM
because they into money and not thinking about developing the project. and many ico is a scam to funding a money. and third project hard to develop cause of lack of money, lack of support, unrealization and other things that make project unable to develop.

Most of investors and participants are of course are for the money and thats the fact. If there is already an early sign that the altcoin value specially new introduce coins are declining and after few weeks still no upward movements, of course it will going to create massive  withdrawals of support to the project due to afraid of losing everthing they invest in which we cant blame them because thats is natural in trading that even we are in their position we will do the same for the money.

You are right, most investor are there for money, it's normal. Because they are investing, but other hand the Dev team or co founder, they have to earn trust and think long term, but it's sad to see most of alt coin dev think short terms profit. Which is why, the project fails before it begin.
Activity: 714
October 11, 2017, 10:10:41 PM
because they into money and not thinking about developing the project. and many ico is a scam to funding a money. and third project hard to develop cause of lack of money, lack of support, unrealization and other things that make project unable to develop.

Most of investors and participants are of course are for the money and thats the fact. If there is already an early sign that the altcoin value specially new introduce coins are declining and after few weeks still no upward movements, of course it will going to create massive  withdrawals of support to the project due to afraid of losing everthing they invest in which we cant blame them because thats is natural in trading that even we are in their position we will do the same for the money.
October 11, 2017, 09:55:39 PM

Thank you Smiley i know lots of people will agree with me. But i am interested those people who isn't. i want to know their opinion. It will be fun debating on this issue.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
October 11, 2017, 09:46:43 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
October 11, 2017, 09:18:37 PM
I'd say the reason is that a lot coins don't serve a purpose.  Bitcoin is the dominant currency ... coin established just to be currency will most likely fail quickly, unless there is something new about them, like upgraded privacy.  There you have Monero and few competitors.  It's one of the reasons I'm supporting Deep Onion, it's new angle on privacy, so I think it has a better than average chance to survive.

Then you have all the coins trying to use block chain advance a technology.... file storage, lending, gambling, banking, etc, etc.  There is a lot of good innovation going on there, too, and that's an area where if you pick the winner for it's sector, you could have a good run.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
October 11, 2017, 09:02:11 PM
Well i don't agree with 99% because i've seen 2 out of 10 alt coins are perfectly alive and still doing progressive development. The reason why others fail is because they only care on the money they can get and once they got the money already the development of the project becomes slow until people react on the progress then dev will run with the money, i've seen that happen most of the time on alt coins that i thought will going to become success but still money blinds everyone.
Same here, 99% is too high percentage. Though I agree with his reasons being cited here but as long as the project has a good dev team and having a good product that earn profit, I think its a good project. But I want also this ICO to have a body that regulate it  that protects the investors.
Pages:
Jump to: