Pages:
Author

Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold? - page 7. (Read 2666 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 02:01:06 AM
When the market is declining, it means that your assets have lost money. According to the current market conditions, perhaps everyone thinks that this is almost the bottom, and the currency price will soon rise, so most people recommend continuing to hold. Instead of selling it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 130
March 24, 2018, 01:31:49 AM
As you can observe, the time when everyone is suggesting to HODL is when market goes red or just go down. Literally, you are losing some of your profits or your capital. If you will withdraw during the dip or the prices are extremely low, then you cut off your loses and made your lose permanent in which you could have still get it back by just waiting for it to rise again.
During the HODL, everyone is also advised to invest more because coins are cheaper and you could profit more.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
March 21, 2018, 04:47:45 AM
I think it is done with the intent to control the price so as not to further decline in prices again. I think there must be a sacrifice to keep prices under control. If only left alone then more and more people will soon sell. That means the number of supply will be more than demand. It will cause the price to fall even more.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
March 21, 2018, 04:26:14 AM
For me, I suggest holding because I want my money to be double or triple as simple as that. I expect that bitcoin will grow higher in the highest peak, but I knew that it would take years to happen. I have a ton of patience to wait for that day. I knew a little bit what will may happen on the negative side, so I'm ready also to cut my losses if my target price reaches it. But don’t worry it will not happen bitcoin is going to be most popular, and people will invest in bitcoin. We should be thankful because we already knew bitcoin in this day.
March 21, 2018, 03:59:21 AM
Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

Because not every man is master of trading, actually trading is the fastest method of profit, but it is difficult, you must not only have a clever mind, but also to have a sharp insight on the market, I believe that most people are hard to do this.

Because cryptocurrencies are always volatile, everyone thinks that the best way to get a profit is to hold it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 03:15:00 PM
we believe if we hold our coins the crypto world will increase again or recover.  Like bitcoin many people said and me tol hold your bitcoin because you can earn profit again better to be not panic selling brcause if you sell your coins possible ypu mis the opportunity to earn more money. The purposes also so that's why it will not decrease more the price they did not lose money or their investement
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
March 20, 2018, 02:08:19 PM
hmm in this situation its mean that there are panic sell everywhere right? maybe they suggest to hold you coin because want to make the panic sell stop and the price can back to normal again? why it can happen? if you sell when panic sell everywhere you make the price of that coin is decrease because of you sell it when buy order in the low, so its make that people told you to hold your coin and crypto
Yeah right now, i think it is perfect to hold and collect as much crypto as you can and most of the member here in the forum will suggest you to hodl simply because holding bitcoin is way much better the short term investment. Most importantly in holding we can earn more profits. And yes it takes time, i mean too much time for the profits but absolutely worth it.
I was already convinced that the more you spend time on the exchange and monitor the current situation, then you will be better profit and quality incomes. But for this you will need to sacrifice your personal time.
Activity: 154
Merit: 20
March 20, 2018, 12:47:55 PM
hmm in this situation its mean that there are panic sell everywhere right? maybe they suggest to hold you coin because want to make the panic sell stop and the price can back to normal again? why it can happen? if you sell when panic sell everywhere you make the price of that coin is decrease because of you sell it when buy order in the low, so its make that people told you to hold your coin and crypto
Yeah right now, i think it is perfect to hold and collect as much crypto as you can and most of the member here in the forum will suggest you to hodl simply because holding bitcoin is way much better the short term investment. Most importantly in holding we can earn more profits. And yes it takes time, i mean too much time for the profits but absolutely worth it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
March 20, 2018, 12:43:21 PM
Hodling is hands down, the best option. You might be leaving money on the table by not selling when the value increases, however, one can't be too sure about the best time to sell. That's why our suggestion has and will always be holding. At the end pf the day, The person who holds gets to enjoy those juicy profits from a weak hand. About 6-8 months ago, I was holding 8000 AE tokens which I sold for $2400. Today those same tokens are worth over $12K at the current market prices now. Moral? Don't sell, Just hodl.
Activity: 23
March 20, 2018, 12:29:05 PM
Imagine, you’d sell your Bitcoin when the price reached $1000, because bough it for $200.
800 bucks of profit —  great. But you lost you chance to buy them again. While the price reach $3000. Well, now it’s $8000 (And for a minute, it’s a dipping point).
That’s why holding is easier for many because that’s quite a definitive way to earn profit if you believe in the future of Bitcoin. I do)
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
What have you done. meh meh
March 17, 2018, 12:46:10 PM
When the market experience down and all our coins that we hold suffer huge losses. Most of the time we will hold our coins that's why people always said hold and don't sell. I believe too market will recover as soon as there is good news. If you don't want to lose or cut losses then holding is the key.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
March 17, 2018, 11:08:20 AM
Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.

Because many or majority of the successful traders here did that things and already proven and tested. which is also what I'm trying to it then, risk was very low and rewards profit was also a big chance for us in the end for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
March 17, 2018, 10:04:47 AM

What you are trying to say is true, and as a matter of fact if you can do what you are saying, you should push for it. Trade as you will.

Everyone of us has different risk appetites, and you see most people here are satisfied with plain holding. It takes a lot of guts and resources to maintain a track record of profitable trades. It's nerve-wrecking, that's why not everyone is into it.
Activity: 616
March 17, 2018, 10:01:21 AM
Activity: 210
March 17, 2018, 08:59:52 AM
I think they have given you a right advice. you can see with the market falls down what's happen if you sell your coins? you will lose your money so much. Unless you had bought with cheap price before and now you can get profit. So, let's be patient and hold
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
March 17, 2018, 08:51:38 AM
When the price is going down some of doing the panic selling, but that is the wrong strategy, you should hold or buy more at the dip because of you never a loss if you do this kind of strategy. The best idea to hold your coin until you get it your aim price. In the trading holding is one of the keys to success.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
March 17, 2018, 07:43:21 AM
Hi all,

Regards.

Because it is very difficult to trade in a bear market. It's even harder to make money on this. Therefore, in this situation, everyone prefers to simply retain their assets. That's why you hear such advice.
Merit: 3
March 17, 2018, 06:43:44 AM
Because by holding we will not lose, and there is a possibility that the value will increased. I think It is quite natural that correction would take place in the market, so after the correction the market would recover again.
Activity: 770
Merit: 278
March 17, 2018, 06:16:51 AM
Because they already learned from their previous experiences and they want us to adjust and do the same so that we wont experience the same feeling and situation.

I think the purpose why most individuals to hold it's because it is the safest thing to do the bitcoin and other reason because we are trusting that in the future the value of the bitcoin will increases, instead of retailing it we need to hold to sustain that worth. If we stay our coins in our wallet, we have a chance to gain more profits.
Definitely, because the main use of holding is to maximimize the possibility of earning that much when bitcoin or any altcoin pumps and wherein when it was all dump it will be better than to sell in my own you will only loss if you sell in cheap price.
Activity: 62
March 17, 2018, 05:48:21 AM
Hi all,

Regards.

That's what happens when when you're taking advices from bitcointalk's forum. But the suggestion to hold is not the worst you could recieve here. Just try to analyse the current situation to avoid loses in the next time.
Pages:
Jump to: