Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are drugs bad? Is Marijuana killing me slowly? (whatever goes) - page 2. (Read 8024 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
BTCRadio Owner
You guys just way over medicate to begin with.
Unless you've got something that will kill you, you can survive without any of it.

Whenever your health goes to shit, i know that tune of yours will change real quick.

It's a little complicated, but I actually lobby for an oil company. See, if pot-smoking were made legal, so would hemp=growing. Did you know the US is the world's biggest importer of hemp?

The US Government also holds a patent on medical cannabis:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507.html

They also hold patents on your DNA.

As for OP, marijuana bad for you? You really should research what they put in your food and water, that shit WILL give you cancer.

Activity: 476
you can survive without any of it.

I could survive without music, women and my friends too, but it would make survival kind of dull.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Some of the things that people believe...are they really that brainwashed/stupid?

Some of you should actually READ the case studies that have been done with marijuana before making yourselves look like imbeciles whose entire knowledge about marijuana came from the "Just Say No" campaign.

Marijuana, when its effects were actually studied in a 10 year case study, has been shown to be GOOD for your lungs:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

Oh yeah, and it cures cancer.
When i got my green card, i was able to knock out about 85% of the medications i was using at the time

Many years ago, when I was about as foolish as I am now, I went to see a doctor because I was stressed out and depressed. I was hoping to get some some type of anti-depressant. He told me to start smoking weed.

Best doctor I ever had. We're still friends to this day. Smiley
Taz
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
You guys just way over medicate to begin with.
Unless you've got something that will kill you, you can survive without any of it.
BTCRadio Owner
When i got my green card, i was able to knock out about 85% of the medications i was using at the time... Would love to see medicine cabinets of the future, instead of having 20 bottles of different pills, you have 1 with thc caps & 1 with bud.... ez as that.

How is this not a wonder drug.....

Because GovCorp Inc. doesn't have complete control of it yet.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
So this horrible drug does more good then bad?
BTCRadio Owner
It's a little complicated, but I actually lobby for an oil company. See, if pot-smoking were made legal, so would hemp=growing. Did you know the US is the world's biggest importer of hemp?

Excerpt from your link.

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.

How is this not a wonder drug..... [using the term "drug" loosely]

BTCRadio Owner
Does more help then good, research cannabinoids.

Anti-inflammatory, fights prostate & some cerebral cancers, pain killer (without possibility of addiction), anti-anxiety (in some strains).... i could go all day.

Hell its even used for radiation clean-up like at chernobyl.

Legalization would not only go against the pharmaceutical companies, but also textile companies when it comes to hemp (which is one of the reasons it was originally made illegal, along with many other bullshit self serving reasons they could come up with.)
No sir I did not... Hemp should be used more.... I think it will start to become more widely used around the world.... Crude Oil wont last forever...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I'm not going to get into the whole health effects debate, but my stance on recreational use is basically the NAP.

Do what you want, as long as you aren't endangering me or infringing on my ability to do what I want.

It's your body; who am I to tell you what to do with it? Oh yes, I forgot. I'm a lobbyist.

For McDonalds?
Dude, I am so baked right now, I am going to eat, eat food.
Activity: 434
100%
Yes, marijuana is killing you slowly.

I have no respect for alcoholics, tobacco smokers, or marijuana addicts, unless it is a medicinal use. This goes for people on other unnecessary drugs. I have negative respect for smokers of anything who do it in public and announce their fumes to every innocent person nearby. Smoke on your property and ensure no fumes reach others, and I won't complain (I'll still denounce you though).

I don't approve of restriction of drugs, but banning of public pollution is absolutely necessary.

That one remark at the end just rendered everything else you said absolutely useless.
Sure, go ahead and smoke, smell like a retard, act like a pothead, and lose your sense of life. It's your choice. But don't expect to do business with me.

[...] (I'll still denounce you though)

Let me translate that:
"I respect your personal decisions, it's your life, just don't involve me. But I will still get involved and get you screwed if the drugs don't do it already!"

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
I agree people should be able to do whatever they want to their bodies so long as it doesn't cause lead to the physical harm of others.  I'm for free choice.  I agree with Ben Franklin - Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
I'm not going to get into the whole health effects debate, but my stance on recreational use is basically the NAP.

Do what you want, as long as you aren't endangering me or infringing on my ability to do what I want.

It's your body; who am I to tell you what to do with it? Oh yes, I forgot. I'm a lobbyist.

For McDonalds?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
I don't do business with people that eat garlic so I guess I can only do business with vampire here on the forums.  DAMN.   Cry
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
Sure, go ahead and smoke, smell like a retard, act like a pothead, and lose your sense of life. It's your choice. But don't expect to do business with me.

Cutting off or alienating a market just because you disagree with someone's life choices isn't a good business decision.  
That's completely correct. But cutting off a market because they smell horrible, act stupid, and are addicted is an excellent business decision.

Your ignorance is amazing.

Here's the reality, you most likely deal with people on a daily basis who smoke weed without you ever having a clue.

The average person that I see in the dispensaries aren't the burned out stoners you imagine, they are business men and women, teachers, grandparents, etc., and you would never know that they smoked if you saw them outside in the real world.

But keep thinking that people who smoke cant be (or aren't) successful and productive members of society.  We are all feckless losers, just like Carl sagan, Richard Feynman, Michael phelps, and a whole host of others who accomplished nothing because of weed.
Pages:
Jump to: