Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are drugs bad? Is Marijuana killing me slowly? (whatever goes) - page 4. (Read 8024 times)

Taz
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
dank,
If it became legal, who would be involved in distributing it for:
-Medical/enjoyment purposes
-Textile purposes
-Fuel purposes
Who would have the most to gain from it?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
Yeah Marijuana is illegal because of greed.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
I'd recommend using a pan to cook the butter, potentates it much more.  If you use some hash and let it simmer for a couple hours, you'll won't need more than .05 grams to feel the effects.
legendary
You cannot kill love
Why weed is illegal:

Legalized weed would replace nearly every industry that stands today.

Hemp would be grown and replace the timber industry, power industry, textile industry, housing industry or any of the other thousands of products that used to be made of hemp.

Hemp could be grown and extracted for biodiesel, if we harvested less than 16% of America's land, we'd have enough renewable, clean power to supply our entire country.  Bad business for the oil companies.

Cannabis would be used to cure all sorts of common aliments.  It would replace expensive, dangerous and ineffective pharmaceuticals.  It would replace the trillion dollar cancer treatment industry with a new easy to grow cure.

Do you see where I'm headed?  Cannabis is illegal because the power structure depends on it.  Cannabis would bring peace, and that's the last thing on our leaders' minds.
At times I will not smoke for a few days.. but most days I smoke usually starting sometime after dinner.... 

If I didn't smoke weed I would not get much sleep.... If I used RX drugs to get my sleep, I would be miserable..... with most RX drugs the bad side affects usually out weight the good
legendary
You cannot kill love
I suppose I'm a tard in the making, since I started at 16.

Weed cures cancer:
http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/2007/1_Annual_Meeting/4749?maxtoshow=&hits=80&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=cannabinoid&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

As it also helps with just about any sickness of the body.

The only 'negative' effect I've found from my years of research as a pothead, is that the smoke paralyzes the cilia in your lungs, temporarily.  This doesn't actually matter but I suppose it could be considered the most negative effect it has on your body.  If you propose there's a harmful effect cannabis causes to your body, please share the study so I can be proven wrong.

Mental effects, including addiction, cannot be blamed on the plant.  As a moderate psychedelic, weed does bring your inner feelings out of you, which is why some people feel paranoid or anxious.  They are making their self feel that way, though.  Only you control your emotions, even if it's hard at times.

Addiction really means something that has withdrawal, physical addiction.  When you use that word to describe mental effects, it completely loses it's meaning.  You can be addicted to TV, food, bitcoin, anything with that terminology.

Some people habitually use weed, yes, but they are choosing to do so, in no way are they actually addicted to the plant.
Alcohol screws people up bad....... It really confuses me how Alcohol is legal and Marijuana is not....

I could smoke 100 joints and drive home slowly.... Tongue but if I had 10 beers and attempted to drive home I would probably end up in a river or a side of someones house or kill 20 people....
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Concerning the illegal status on Marijuana i have read sometime ago it was in relation with the chem´/syntetics industry, have read the name dupond some time ago.

However, Marijuana compared to alcohol tells the whole story, i mean look at people who drink everyday and then look at somebody who smokes everyday...
I havent heared or read about a single person who suffered serious injuries because of marijuana - how much people are suffering because of extensive alcohol usage.

What I don't think is good is young people getting chronic before their physiology is fully developed.

Adult smoking whenever they feel like it; fine.

15 year old wake and baking = tard in the making.

Yeah I agree with this... if Marijuana was regulated they could control it like Alcohol.... Kids should not be smoking weed 24/7 and at school....

Do you know about your respiratory system? Stratified epithelial cells?

Smoking aint healthy dingus.

I doubt smoking marijuana once in a while trumps other western diseases though... so don't worry, you'll die of one of those metabolic syndrome complications instead of unhealthy lungs.

Our city is full of pollution, it's a very humid smoggy area.... Sucks.... My plan is to move my family way up north Quebec (Chicoutimi) area in the near future.....
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
Do you know about your respiratory system? Stratified epithelial cells?

Smoking aint healthy dingus.

I doubt smoking marijuana once in a while trumps other western diseases though... so don't worry, you'll die of one of those metabolic syndrome complications instead of unhealthy lungs.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
It shouldn't be illegal.

But I really think it causes an addiction for those who just want to smoke. Not a physical addiction, a mental.

Many of my friends now only want to smoke weed. They don't enjoy anymore hanging out without smoking weed. And that's sad.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
What I don't think is good is young people getting chronic before their physiology is fully developed.

Adult smoking whenever they feel like it; fine.

15 year old wake and baking = tard in the making.
legendary
You cannot kill love
To say marijuana can be used everyday without ill effects is just foolish. I'm not here to say smoke or not, I'm strongly in belief of legalization and regulation but proper drug education first and foremost. Ill effects? Paranoia, anxiety, short term memory loss etc are all ill effects, temporary or otherwise. Putting smoke in your lungs is never good but can be mitigated by eating or vaporizing. Recent studies suggest smoking under 18 leaves lasting mental deficits. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/120827152039.htm

I'm not here to argue for against marijuana or drugs, and make a debate on positive vs negative effects, but if you choose to use them, use them responsibly and don't fool people into thinking it's perfect. Education is key, and I laugh at the thought of rogaine having more ill effects than cocaine.

All those effects you listed are completely mental.  You don't get anxious because you smoke weed, you get anxious because you get anxious.  Only you can control the way you feel, not anyone else, not an inanimate object.

Weed doesn't damage your brain, it lets you use the other side of your brain and realize that everything you were taught is bullshit.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Yes, marijuana is killing you slowly.

I have no respect for alcoholics, tobacco smokers, or marijuana addicts, unless it is a medicinal use. This goes for people on other unnecessary drugs. I have negative respect for smokers of anything who do it in public and announce their fumes to every innocent person nearby. Smoke on your property and ensure no fumes reach others, and I won't complain (I'll still denounce you though).

I don't approve of restriction of drugs, but banning of public pollution is absolutely necessary.

Do you also complain about barbecues? That creates magnitudes more pollution than a tobacco or pot smoker.

I complain about barbeques. I'm expected to cook meat on them. Bah! An anachronistic contraption fit for savages.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I have no respect for alcoholics, tobacco smokers, or marijuana addicts, unless it is a medicinal use. This goes for people on other unnecessary drugs. I have negative respect for smokers of anything who do it in public and announce their fumes to every innocent person nearby. Smoke on your property and ensure no fumes reach others, and I won't complain (I'll still denounce you though).

I don't approve of restriction of drugs, but banning of public pollution is absolutely necessary.

Do you also complain about barbecues? That creates magnitudes more pollution than a tobacco or pot smoker.
Well.. I have not got paranoid from smoking a joint in 10 years... Umm short term memory what? I forget!

Cheesy and yes... better regulation would be the way to go... Government are wasting tax payer money on imprisoning people for growing/using a plant....... but most hard drugs are plants... Opium and cocaine originate as plants Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
To say marijuana can be used everyday without ill effects is just foolish. I'm not here to say smoke or not, I'm strongly in belief of legalization and regulation but proper drug education first and foremost. Ill effects? Paranoia, anxiety, short term memory loss etc are all ill effects, temporary or otherwise. Putting smoke in your lungs is never good but can be mitigated by eating or vaporizing. Recent studies suggest smoking under 18 leaves lasting mental deficits. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/120827152039.htm

I'm not here to argue for against marijuana or drugs, and make a debate on positive vs negative effects, but if you choose to use them, use them responsibly and don't fool people into thinking it's perfect. Education is key, and I laugh at the thought of rogaine having more ill effects than cocaine.
Well.. I do agree with you in a way.... I use marijuana for medical reasons and get my marijuana from a 100% legal marijuana grow operation Tongue I replaced shitty sleep aids with weed... have been doing so for years

I do not smoke indoors, EVER....... I do not smoke near people unless their smoking with me..... Only smoke on my property, unless I go on a long ass bike ride where the whole point was to bike 100+km and chill with a doob for a few hours then bike back....

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Marijuana can be used daily without ill affect if you live a healthy life, eating right and exercise.... People are uninformed....

The US Surgeon General does not approve this message.
Pages:
Jump to: