Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are some individuals hostile to Bitcoin? - page 6. (Read 1058 times)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
I think it could be fear of the unknown but am certain they would love it if they knew what bitcoin is all about.

Another reason  could  be some individuals would be protecting their interests they have in other assets say Gold which they see bitcoin to be threat to their investment, hence the hostility.

Sometimes I think its beyond their control because of governments view and regulations in place.
Activity: 440
Merit: 101
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
People who are hostile to bitcoin are those same people who did not understand it, did not invest in it or do not consider it to be a technological innovation. There are some people who have begun to understand it but have also begun to support another coin more vocally hehehe. Is this support hostile to bitcoin?

Yes, it's basically like that, they hate bitcoin because they don't understand and don't know the offers that bitcoin has to offer, but lately there are also individuals or investors who invest in bitcoin, they take advantage to hate bitcoin and issue FUD news when they want to enter the market to can make big profits, when the price of bitcoin drops, as Elon Musk once did.
Activity: 504
Merit: 57
The major attacks on Bitcoin are from either the bank’s executives and the government this is so because these two entities are the only sectors that see bitcoin and cryptocurrency as opposition and threat to their existence. The government seeks to take over or regulate Bitcoin for its gain while the bankers feel Bitcoin will put them out of business.
Activity: 71
Merit: 5
Many people prefer to believe that the government and the central bank control the currency, thinking that only government funds are legal and feasible. Bitcoin decentralization is not under the control of the government and central banks, and they may think that what they cannot control is terrible and is not good for the existing traditional financial system.
Their lack of technical knowledge combined with monetary theory may lead them to draw negative conclusions about Bitcoin and have a negative attitude towards Bitcoin.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

What are their motives could it be that they are just anti Bitcoin or attacking Bitcoin because it is a competitor that will soon push them out of business.
Some of these business owners are into thinking that Bitcoin is competing against them like if you are in the banking business, money transfers, that is absolutely what they might see. I know they have some reason as people who are in using Bitcoin can no longer use their services and that much more if all establishments are accepting cryptocurrencies already. They don't want to file bankruptcy and so they protect their reputation as well.

Well, I can't blame them either, but that is how the development goes, sometimes there is someone who feel bitter and get hurt.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
We always know that everything in the world will be two: like and dislike.
People will like something, and others will dislike that thing.
So does Bitcoin. Moreover, Bitcoin is something that is very popular and influencing around the world, Bitcoin can change people life, from poor to rich, from rich to super-rich, but Bitcoin may also turn people from rich to poor
Everything about Bitcoin always involves value, issues, FUD, but also hopes and expectations there.

And many people who don't like Bitcoin are sometimes those who don't want the financial system in the world disturbed with the wealth of having BTC maybe. And because they also don't know what Bitcoin exactly.Moreover, they only know Bitcoin from media with the negative sides.
Exactly. Mostly, those people are already close minded when it comes to bitcoin because they have been used already using traditional system so there's no way bitcoin will take its position.

I believe those people don't even know bitcoin exactly, how it will be functional and the high price that is associated in it. All they know is fiat which is in accordance with their old system.
I would say it always depends on their motives, it's either they were just acting it up on their own because they feel threatened with the existence of Bitcoin and others may have been paid to play the role as a Bitcoin haters because someone out there is trying to manipulate the market or they just simply hate it because it's unregulated and risky to invest or someone just failed to gain profit due to the unpredictable movement of the price.

The factors of the list is ongoing for their motives and I believe mostly of them doesn't actually understand the blockchain network or how Bitcoin works.
Getting paid or totally personally hate bitcoin on some aspects, it is really just having those kind of reasons on why some people are really hostile to Bitcoin and we cant really avoid that.
There would always be those issues that would be raised up and there would be those things that could be read up negatively even though Bitcoins existence is something revolutionary
and does really give out benefit not only on payment system or utility but also with the earning opportunity that it gives.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
So does Bitcoin. Moreover, Bitcoin is something that is very popular and influencing around the world, Bitcoin can change people life, from poor to rich, from rich to super-rich, but Bitcoin may also turn people from rich to poor
Everything about Bitcoin always involves value, issues, FUD, but also hopes and expectations there.

And many people who don't like Bitcoin are sometimes those who don't want the financial system in the world disturbed with the wealth of having BTC maybe. And because they also don't know what Bitcoin exactly.Moreover, they only know Bitcoin from media with the negative sides.
Exactly. Mostly, those people are already close minded when it comes to bitcoin because they have been used already using traditional system so there's no way bitcoin will take its position.

I believe those people don't even know bitcoin exactly, how it will be functional and the high price that is associated in it. All they know is fiat which is in accordance with their old system.
I would say it always depends on their motives, it's either they were just acting it up on their own because they feel threatened with the existence of Bitcoin and others may have been paid to play the role as a Bitcoin haters because someone out there is trying to manipulate the market or they just simply hate it because it's unregulated and risky to invest or someone just failed to gain profit due to the unpredictable movement of the price.

The factors of the list is ongoing for their motives and I believe mostly of them doesn't actually understand the blockchain network or how Bitcoin works.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss
For some time now I have constantly come across prominent individuals in society sponsoring hate speech against Bitcoin, most surprisedly These individuals either own traditional financial platforms such as banks and they are expected to be knowledgeable in investment and financial transactions and processes that seek to eliminate all the security challenges faced in the banking system through blockchain technology which give end-to-end encryption that guarantees a high level of security.

What are their motives could it be that they are just anti Bitcoin or attacking Bitcoin because it is a competitor that will soon push them out of business.

Recently I saw a video of Dan Pena a Billionaire guy, he said bitcoin will crash when it was somewhere around 4000 USD value.
But what happened is bitcoin started making its move  and reached the 60,000 USD mark, I'm sure people who listen to him are regretting their choice of not even having the opportunity because they fixed their mind on what someone said,

It pisses me off that how much influence these rich people have and don't think about their actions, it's like saying something just for the sake of the satisfaction of public approval is more important than what they actually say.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019

Activity: 1498
Merit: 132
BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

Activity: 518
Merit: 45
For some time now I have constantly come across prominent individuals in society sponsoring hate speech against Bitcoin, most surprisedly These individuals either own traditional financial platforms such as banks and they are expected to be knowledgeable in investment and financial transactions and processes that seek to eliminate all the security challenges faced in the banking system through blockchain technology which give end-to-end encryption that guarantees a high level of security.

Yeah OP, whatever the reason you stated it’s worth mentioning.
But i see something different in my side.
I have seen mostly old people who doesn’t understand the concept of Bitcoin and Cryptos hate it.
I know people have their own choices but it doesn’t mean what you don’t understand is always to be bad.
Moreover i have also seen people hating Bitcoins due to it’s anonymous feature.
Let’s see what the rest of the community says on this matter.
I know a whole lot of lies have been sold to people about the concept of Bitcoin and because of lack of understanding and knowledge a lot of people have been mislead by the wrong concept, But again the set of individuals I mentioned on the thread are the well knowledgeable and prominent individuals in the society.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Of course they are anti bitcoin, moreover they are from traditional bank. They will not allow bitcoin to be legal tender. Blockchain systems are very much at odds with traditional banking systems. They won't be able to use other people's money to make a profit like traditional banks do. Maybe people don't hate bitcoin, but it's their job that forces them.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
There could be a lot of reasons. These people got their passion for hate from a bad experience. It could be losing something from lack of understanding or losing from the technological advances and want to keep their power.

Some of them probably think they are helping others by sharing the disadvantages of bitcoin. If it's in my case, I won't be passionate about it cause if I dislike something, I won't waste my energy; I'll ignore it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 2144

How do you imagine Bitcoin putting banks out of the business? It has 250k transactions per day which is close to its limit, and the world has hundreds of millions, or maybe even billions of transactions per day. Even with Lightning Network the capacity is not enough to open channels for enough users and the fees would skyrocket.

Banks generally don't care about Bitcoin, payment companies either. Most Bitcoin haters are just people who like to feel that they are smarter than others, and they think that this is what's happening when they are warning others about Bitcoin's "imminent collapse".
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
The financial system of world is dominated by centralized entities like banks, insurance companies etc. Why they will welcome anything that is going to break there decades old monopoly? Bitcoin is empowering people by giving them authority of there money, its not the case in traditional banking system. According to world bank, around 2 billion people are not in banking system due to different reasons.
Thats why there is a continuous lobbing against BTC.
Activity: 458
Merit: 10

If the person or individual who hates Bitcoin has their own financial platform, it is certain that they hate Bitcoin because they are afraid that Bitcoin will become their competitor.  
But as far as I know most people who hate Bitcoin, are people who have suffered losses here, be it lost when trading or losing when investing.  
For me it doesn't matter, the important thing is that I stay live here and have a pleasant experience with Bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
There are a lot of people like that, even i know some people that don't like and believe in bitcoin. From what i summarized, the reasons from them are mainly because they don't understand bitcoin well enough. Why should they use or buy coins with no real form using their real money? They just don't believe in the concept of digital currency. Some also don't want to get involved in this matter due to religious reasons, like saying it's haram and such. Other than that, they just don't understand bitcoin since it's too complicated for them, don't want to learn, and just think that it's cool to hate something popular. Sounds ridiculous i know, but it's true and happens.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 690
however, this is a matter of competition. I'm pretty sure that when the government doesn't make regulations, bitcoin will become a rival to Fiat. in fact, the effect is quite large for the country, and it also happens to the individual.
after all, quite a lot of people hate bitcoin simply because of the lack of interest in the business he started, or even to the point of losing money. this usually happens to banks or things related to investment. In addition, apart from the issue of business competition, this also happens to people who get losses from investing in bitcoin because they are in a hurry.
Activity: 363
Merit: 323
Infographics save lives
The bankers are concerned that the growth rate of the crypto market will have a serious impact on their operations. Banks seem to be battling cryptocurrencies to slow their growth rate. Many banks have recently banned their customers from buying cryptocurrencies with their credit cards. This is an important step to slow down the growth of the crypto market. The reason is that they are afraid of competition.
I have not seen many banks being hostile to Bitcoin I have see banks saying that they will accept Bitcoin and allow cryptocurrency transactions using their bank accounts. I think banks being hostile to Bitcoin is a myth. There are banks which do not allow cryptocurrency transfers but I think this is because of safety of their customers and not because Bitcoin is a threat to them.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 500
The bankers are concerned that the growth rate of the crypto market will have a serious impact on their operations. Banks seem to be battling cryptocurrencies to slow their growth rate. Many banks have recently banned their customers from buying cryptocurrencies with their credit cards. This is an important step to slow down the growth of the crypto market. The reason is that they are afraid of competition.
Pages:
Jump to: