Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon? - page 88. (Read 11442 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 12
May the power be with you!
Because in major cases the coin or token value of a project is hard decreased after their launch on a platform
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
It's because everyone's economic situation is different, even though they have a strong desire to hold, but because of the pressures of life that require it to sell it to meet the needs of life, because I'm sure also not a few people who rely on altcoins
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altscoins so soon?
I agree that you do not need to sell altcoins until they have grown in price. Who commits panic sales, he is very wrong
Activity: 280
The most insulting is when you sold the coins and the price went up sharply:) At this time you feel very uncomfortable, but I'm used to it already.
Activity: 252
Merit: 16
I'm not planning on it. Many are now locked into loss - and must be HODLed. I never sell at a loss... I'm happy to wait for years if need be, or for the project to outright fail (but then, I don't typically put huge amounts in alts in the first place). The secret with crypto, of course, is to only invest what you can lose - so I've said goodbye to that money already (symbolically speaking). Whatever I make, is then a bonus .
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Not all investors are selling altcoins out of fear. There are some who sell it to diversify their portfolio or cut loss. It means they are selling it temporarily and once the market is done in red, they will immediately buy back again.  Only long-term investors are holding it, while those active traders diversify their portfolio to get more profit.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Yes, I think when we do it we just make the market of the coin is bad, so we need to hold and find the right time to sell it, when the price is in the highest price, I think when  you do it you cant get anything, or you just lost and not worth it
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Which altcoins are you refering to? ERC20 Tokens are useless, and those i sell for BTC as fast as i get my hands on them. Too risky. But then we have altcoins such as Zencash who has alot of positive upside, good dev team, good tech.
Activity: 70
We really needed money. But I found a way out and did not sell my ETH for nothing.
Activity: 134
because I need fast money, so I sell my altcoin immediately, maybe because you already have excess money, then you can save it for longer. maybe if my basic needs are fulfilled and excess will do the same thing as you.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

I guess most of people are buying into altcoins for short term profit.
It is always risky to hold them long term. Anyway it is also possible to gain good profit.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

Most people focus only on growth, if the coin grows they buy it, fall into the bottom - get rid of. I think it's wrong and I have to think for a long term.

There some points that Cryptos aren't growing so they sell it and hold altcoins that are indeed pumping.
In my case, I choose to hold because I want to earn more and will soon come back home and start my new lifestyle and enjoy the benefit of Crypto to my family.
I didn't sell off my Altcoins too soon because I can provide my family's basic needs through my job salary.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
There are numbers of reasons why people sell their coins too soon but for me it's better to keep them on my wallet because the market is now on it's way for recovering and soon my Crypto Assets will be back and hit it's highest peak that was the highest worth of value this last January.
My friends sell their altcoins so soon because they want to use it on their personal needs.
Activity: 364

Most people focus only on growth, if the coin grows they buy it, fall into the bottom - get rid of. I think it's wrong and I have to think for a long term.
Activity: 68
Now it is difficult enough time to hold the altcoins in the hands, only the units of them show relative stability.
Activity: 322
I think some people sell their coin relly soon because they are new in this kind of business. And i think that it is not a very wise decession and later on they will regret it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 20
There is still a fear that this crypto currency may fall. And it's better to get something now than nothing later. I, too, sometimes have such thoughts.
Activity: 462
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
It depends with the altcoin, if it hits bigger exchanger then I sell it very soon. Despite that sometimes I don't sell it even the coin listed on a exchange because of several factors such as their next development and the roadmap.
Activity: 252
Merit: 16
It is regular trust issue. People go invest into altcoins to make bigger profits because of volatility. And they can't swallow it after dumps and leave them all along. I defend patience in this situation.
Activity: 168
I, too, do not understand those people who in their wild rage are selling their coins. Why do they lack patience? What do they think? then what is a crypto currency scam? and they are sure of this and go to Fiat for - 30 - 50 percent of the deposit. Is not it funny? I was the same, but did not sell in the negative)

Maybe most of them needed it right a way for various reasons. I sometimes sell alts right away if I ever had a situation where I really need to spend some money. Also, coins are made for us to transact. Most of us see it as an investment because we take profit from it. But the end goal of this cryptocurrency is to be able to use them for daily purposes, though we are far away from achieving that.
Pages:
Jump to: