Pages:
Author

Topic: Why blockchains might want to consider using AT "Turing complete" txs - page 6. (Read 21614 times)

Activity: 467
Merit: 266
Who is hosting the AT?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Looking for the next big thing
This is a really great project. I remember when you announced it and things went back and forth whether you would build it or not.

And here it is! Congratulations.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Let's say I am holding some bitcoins and I want to make an anon transaction using an anon coin (cryptonote,darkcoin..whatever).
Both has AT integrated into the core so AT gives me the ability to make this cross chain trading.

Yes - if both blockchains use AT then atomic cross-chain transfers will be possible.

As a user how I'm gonna find that I can purchase some anon coins and how many coins (in here I mean the price that I'm gonna purchase them)?

That is another problem which would need to be addressed. For now we are focused on the *most fundamental* issues (in the short term I guess you could probably use an "asset" to accomplish this assuming at least one of the blockchains has "coloured coins").

Also, is there an escrow or something after all ?

Escrow is another "use case" for AT (it does end up with the problem of "oracles" though if you don't just mean solving the "who goes first" issue).

Is there an Open-Bazaar-like decentralized exchange on top of it which could provide to the users some infos about this trading and possible an escrow service (or is this planned somehow)?
Also I assume that supports assets trading, right?

AT is much like a "foundation" upon which other things will be able to be written.

Also AT will be able to handle all sorts of tx types (for those blockchains that have things like "messages" and "coloured coins").
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
nice job ciyam, great to see this coming to fruition after so many months. Smiley
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Vrontis, you should be aware that this *system* is to provide Turing completeness programs/scripts/contracts (call them as you like) to any coin that uses AT. Thus anyone will be able to create his program, so how this can be extend, I guess it depends on the programmers and their imagination. Regarding the cross-chain txs the specs are not yet fully defined, so I am not able to answer properly your questions. You will have to wait until the specs are ready.

Well, yes.. I have pushed it a little further but this cross chain trading capability of AT blew my mind   Grin

Activity: 137
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer
Vrontis, you should be aware that this *system* is to provide Turing completeness programs/scripts/contracts (call them as you like) to any coin that uses AT. Thus anyone will be able to create his program, so how this can be extend, I guess it depends on the programmers and their imagination. Regarding the cross-chain txs the specs are not yet fully defined, so I am not able to answer properly your questions. You will have to wait until the specs are ready.
Activity: 351
Atomic cross chain trading according to this is where two parties owns coins in separate cryptocurrenices and they to want to exchange them without having to trust a third party (centralized exchange).
Let's say I am holding some bitcoins and I want to make an anon transaction using an anon coin (cryptonote,darkcoin..whatever).
Both has AT integrated into the core so AT gives me the ability to make this cross chain trading.
As a user how I'm gonna find that I can purchase some anon coins and how many coins (in here I mean the price that I'm gonna purchase them)?
Also, is there an escrow or something after all ?
Is there an Open-Bazaar-like decentralized exchange on top of it which could provide to the users some infos about this trading and possible an escrow service (or is this planned somehow)?
Also I assume that supports assets trading, right?

Thanks
Vrontis
Activity: 381
Many may not be aware of Automated Transactions or AT (http://ciyam.org/at) but it is a "Turing complete" VM for transactions that can have "state" and perform "other transactions in a trustless and deterministic manner".

It was developed by myself in C++ and at least one Java version of it will be launched this week in a "testnet".

What it does is basically the same as Ethereum *except* that AT has been designed to be added to *any blockchain system*.

This means that the idea of "atomic cross-chain transfers" (that people may have heard about) would not only be possible between Bitcoin/Litecoin clones but *any blockchain*.

AT is open source (MIT License) and has been very thoroughly tested (every op code has unit tests - around 6 months of work by three people was put into doing this).

Nice work, this project looks awesome! It was helpful for me too look at some of the Use Cases you implemented, can't wait too see where this goes.
That's up to you to decide. We mostly care for the tech Smiley and we believe any coin should have this functionality.

Later steps (not very soon) on this huge project will be to create a c based compiler for translating high level languages into AT code, so anyone without *machine code* knowledge can easily create programs.

Also we are going to release a new coin with a new proof ( at some point in the future, to fully exploit the power of AT), and we also want to integrate it to a btc based blockchain.  
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
So, Ethereum will be obsolete even before it comes out?
I am very glad we are going to do this! We have already succeed adding it into a blockchain and will be released the following days. More to come Smiley Exciting project!!

Here is just a preview Smiley . I know some might not understand what is this, but I will still post it. Enjoy

Activity: 672
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Many may not be aware of Automated Transactions or AT (http://ciyam.org/at) but it is a "Turing complete" VM for transactions that can have "state" and perform "other transactions in a trustless and deterministic manner".

It was developed by myself in C++ and at least one Java version of it will be launched this week in a "testnet".

What it does is basically the same as Ethereum *except* that AT has been designed to be added to *any blockchain system*.

This means that the idea of "atomic cross-chain transfers" (that people may have heard about) would not only be possible between Bitcoin/Litecoin clones but *any blockchain*.

AT is open source (MIT License) and has been very thoroughly tested (every op code has unit tests - around 6 months of work by three people was put into doing this).
Pages:
Jump to: