Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Celsius is better than Salt? - page 15. (Read 108247 times)

Activity: 648
Merit: 101
November 29, 2017, 04:26:42 AM
Main thread  - SALT Community Membership - is been update today:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-celsius-is-better-than-salt-2051305

Unfortunately, nothing really serious . Hoped we would get bigger news about project
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
November 28, 2017, 09:58:38 AM
Main thread  - SALT Community Membership - is been update today:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-celsius-is-better-than-salt-2051305
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
November 27, 2017, 10:24:17 AM
I was wondering what happens in a catastrophic event where bitcoin’s price drops, let’s say, 35%. If a client’s collateral is for example 1 bitcoin / 10k$ , and the price of bitcoin drops to 6$, the client can ‘run away’ with 8k$ in cash, and SALT platform ‘stays’ with one bitcoin worth 6.5k$. Am I right?
How’s SALT is going to survive in such a drop?
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
November 27, 2017, 02:27:24 AM
This is interesting: https://twitter.com/EtherSummary/status/934240990369476608

SALT being a sponsor for this big investment event will give it a lot of exposure.  It's still a much needed product in this space and their launch should be by end of year according to the whitepaper.

Nice, i missed that...Actually, this is really good news as more awareness will go around about salt.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 26, 2017, 06:35:50 PM
SALT is going to shoot through the roof next month. My GOD!!
Activity: 100
November 26, 2017, 10:40:59 AM
"You are member #1273 in queue to be granted full access to the platform and the ability to purchase SALT Memberships."

That means i can not buy any salt ,  bofere i get full access ??

How long is to wait in that long queue ?

Like the person above said, you can buy them on an exchange. Also, when they put them on the exchange it killed the value of the coin. You only need like 3 for membership so its a waste to buy a lot of them. I bought when this was the talk of the cryptoworld but I feel like I was scammed. Proceed with caution until they actual produce a product or service. They have enough money to start lending money now, I think they have legal issues to work through so they are stalling. If they come through on their promises, I will be their biggest supporter. Until then I am just a guy sitting on a stack of SALT. Blah

I don't think you quite understand what you bought.  For the lowest level sure, but  for higher levels you need more. Secondly, there is more utility to the token than membership. You can use them to pay down the interest rates apparently. I don't know the details, but if this is anything like mortgage interest points, where you can pay cash up front to lower your interest rate, at a fixed $25 redemption value (even if you only paid current market rate of around $4 or less) that token has a lot of utility, particularly if you can get it at a discount rate, which we apparently can do right now.

In other words - if people can pay down interest rates at $25 per token, and we can buy them at a significant discount now, think about that for a minute...

Maybe I've got it wrong, but this seems like a big opportunity assuming the project launches as planned next month.
Activity: 24
November 26, 2017, 08:31:12 AM
How much time is spent on development? 3 years? 4 years?
Activity: 30
November 25, 2017, 12:04:08 PM
This is interesting: https://twitter.com/EtherSummary/status/934240990369476608

SALT being a sponsor for this big investment event will give it a lot of exposure.  It's still a much needed product in this space and their launch should be by end of year according to the whitepaper.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
November 24, 2017, 04:14:39 PM
Perhaps anyone in here that plans to lend fiat. Any idea what kind of interest rates we’ll see? What would be worthwhile for lenders? Embarrassed
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
November 24, 2017, 11:54:24 AM
So after reviewing the prebuy options I am left to think that many people purchased salt at $5 . Is this correct ? So if I buy it now while it is under $4 I am getting it cheaper than some prebuys ?

I have only done preliminary research into this but it is available for US citizens but isn't this obviously going to be classified as a security

No, the team was very careful about defining their token so it will have no problems passing the Howey test. It is considered a "membership" token, not ---> a security as described in SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION v. W. J. HOWEY CO., (1946). (http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/328/293.html)

Nowhere in your link does it reference the word member or membership being excluded from this. This makes is seem more like a ponzi scheme when you use the word membership.

Can someone address the Huge disparity between the current trading price and the price Salt is selling memberships for ?

Exactly! ---> A membership token is not a security.  The Howey test is a ruling that defines SECURITIES.  The SEC regulates SECURITIES, not MEMBERSHIPS, thus the agency's name, the Security and Exchange Commission.  And, nowhere in the classification of felines does it mention that a dog or canine is excluded from the group, but that doesn't mean that a dog is a cat.  It doesn't specifically explain to us that a dog is not a cat because it can be deduced that a dog does not fit the classification of a feline.

Call it whatever the hell you want. That's why there is a test to determine what is a security. I have a dog that I call kitty but guess what .. he's still a dog. FFS
Activity: 648
Merit: 101
November 24, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
"You are member #1273 in queue to be granted full access to the platform and the ability to purchase SALT Memberships."

Like the person above said, you can buy them on an exchange. Also, when they put them on the exchange it killed the value of the coin. You only need like 3 for membership so its a waste to buy a lot of them. I bought when this was the talk of the cryptoworld but I feel like I was scammed. Proceed with caution until they actual produce a product or service. They have enough money to start lending money now, I think they have legal issues to work through so they are stalling. If they come through on their promises, I will be their biggest supporter. Until then I am just a guy sitting on a stack of SALT. Blah

But then why they are doing nothing? I have their membership too but it doesnt give me anything right now..
Activity: 168
Put it all on the line and go for broke
November 23, 2017, 08:58:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
November 22, 2017, 11:47:10 AM
You can buy them from an exchange.
Activity: 2
November 22, 2017, 11:09:09 AM

Activity: 168
Put it all on the line and go for broke
November 21, 2017, 05:32:58 PM
I think the momentum on this coin is lost and since the company has been successful on selling so many memberships. I think they should back some of the loans from members of the community that have membership with the money they have raised to put the idea to action. They should not have put this on exchanges - that seems it was motivated by greed and when the coin dropped and stayed low, I think it devalued the coin and the principals the coin was supposed to have. These guys are all from Silicon Value so I think they should do A/B testing and see which direction the coin will go in. If not, the developers and founders are just sitting around and taking their percentage as more and more people will lose faith in what was sold to us. Fool me once shame on you. As the cryptocurrency community gets more and more sophisticated those that have questionable projects will be out and their credibility lost forever.
Activity: 56
November 21, 2017, 05:16:20 PM
Any plans to include other consumer lending products to the platform?
Activity: 304
Merit: 15
0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921
November 20, 2017, 11:23:30 PM
Expensive dev i strongly suggest that you create a FAQ section many people are new and wish to display interest in the coin but it leads to spamming.  

Very good Idea, I didn't even know that Europe wasn't accepted.
Activity: 280
November 20, 2017, 07:24:23 AM
Hello guys, you still didn't answer my question  Cool "What is approximate date of lauching the platform?"
Activity: 658
Merit: 129
November 20, 2017, 05:50:37 AM
I ask support from SALT TEAM and get information like that .
i'm from vietnam and i think must wait for long time loans/lending support my country.
Can you give me solution for this case ?
Just go to an exchange where SALT is listed on, like Bittrex or Binance (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/salt/#markets) and sell it there for BTC or whatever you want.
There's no need to risk a scam here.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
November 19, 2017, 08:47:26 PM
So after reviewing the prebuy options I am left to think that many people purchased salt at $5 . Is this correct ? So if I buy it now while it is under $4 I am getting it cheaper than some prebuys ?

I have only done preliminary research into this but it is available for US citizens but isn't this obviously going to be classified as a security

No, the team was very careful about defining their token so it will have no problems passing the Howey test. It is considered a "membership" token, not ---> a security as described in SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION v. W. J. HOWEY CO., (1946). (http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/328/293.html)

Nowhere in your link does it reference the word member or membership being excluded from this. This makes is seem more like a ponzi scheme when you use the word membership.

Can someone address the Huge disparity between the current trading price and the price Salt is selling memberships for ?

Exactly! ---> A membership token is not a security.  The Howey test is a ruling that defines SECURITIES.  The SEC regulates SECURITIES, not MEMBERSHIPS, thus the agency's name, the Security and Exchange Commission.  And, nowhere in the classification of felines does it mention that a dog or canine is excluded from the group, but that doesn't mean that a dog is a cat.  It doesn't specifically explain to us that a dog is not a cat because it can be deduced that a dog does not fit the classification of a feline.
Pages:
Jump to: