Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do bounty managers hide spreadsheet and pay hunters penny? - page 3. (Read 1154 times)

Activity: 689
Merit: 14
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
Yes, almost all of us were in a similar situation. This is terrible. When managers hide spreadsheet we cannot be sure that us have been paid exactly as much as we have earned. Unfortunately, we are unlikely to be able to influence this. We have to try to participate in companies, which leads proven to bounty manager.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
There is no reason to hide your spreadsheet unless there is something shady going on, why would you want to hide the information of who is participating, making the spreadsheet public is actually helping catch a lot of scammers, we have a lot of cases posted on the scam accusation section with participants catch scammers, not the managers.
Making the sheet public will give the public tools to validate managers work which is proven to be an effective thing.

I have reported in one campaign before over 100 scammer participant to the manager of the campaign and he was not aware of them.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
I do call those bounty managers corporate thieves because majority of them gets larger percentage of the whole bounty pool. They do close the spreadsheet so that bounty participants won't be aware of their manipulation.
Activity: 157
Merit: 2
I think it's not quite right, but maybe it's also done for privacy and to avoid flooding with questions about stakes. But I wouldn't take part in such bounty campaigns.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
I do not say that all the bounty managers are like that, but I've come across a bounty manager who hides spreadsheets and cheats his accounts to make more money.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
The practice of bounty managers hiding their spreadsheet from participants is becoming rampant. They hide their spreadsheet and pay bounty hunters penny, which I think is a lack of integrity and it is totally uncalled for.
I have participated in like 3 bounties in the past where managers refuse to make the spreadsheet available to hunters. They all paid ridiculous amount. I got tokens worth $18 for 3 contents that I created. I believe this is exploitation and it have to stop.
I have participated in 2 bounties and they locked the spreadsheet and we don't know how many tokens per stake. I was so disappointed the lack of professionalism and transparency by the project developer. Even though it's not the bounty managers fault he should be the one who fight for us to release the final spreadsheet. But it wasn't the case and knowing he was a prominent bounty manager and well respected member in the forum and he didn't do anything.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
I would advise that you run totally away from such project. No matter how good a project might be, if it does not have good promotional services, it might not succeed. Just leave such project and move on to another.
Activity: 742
I think the reason is the confidentiality of the bounty hunter, now many spreadsheets have started hiding address of the participant. But I also see a lot of bounty managers still let the spreadsheet show up and let people see it after finishing the bounty.
Activity: 352
Merit: 1
You are absolutely right. I did some campaign on bitcointalk without seeing spreadsheet. I log complain to the manager,  but he keep telling me some member didn't want their details to be reveal, at the end, it was a penny that was given to me. I also did some bounty on bountyox,   the token I do receive is always different from what I saw before performing those bounty. I just take it like that and move on but I definitely believe it is not fair enough.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
My last 10 campaigns didn't  pay . I m wondering is it about my campaigns or about the market ?
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
It is sad, that bounty managers are doing so. But on the other hand, it is written in each bounty, that the bounty manager is the boss and the hunters should follow their decision. It is their right to close a spreadsheet to calculate the stakes and the hunters have nothing to do with this.
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 0
I agree with you, it is extremely pain with laughter. This is a big lot of cheating. It is cheated with the new participants who come to participate and the participants who have participated. In this there is a need to change the rules, or are all the rules for the predators?Hiding the spreadsheet and voluntarily giving a share of your will, if it is not cheated then what else?
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
I'm sure that the bounty manager has their own way to offer the bounty including hiding the spreadsheet. however, i think that opening the spreadsheet during the bounty campaign is very important to know our track record in that bounty. We must also know it to check the results after the end of the bounty. So, when it is hidden, I'm not sure that it is OK. But probably, there are some BM that do that.
copper member
Activity: 350
The practice of bounty managers hiding their spreadsheet from participants is becoming rampant. They hide their spreadsheet and pay bounty hunters penny, which I think is a lack of integrity and it is totally uncalled for.
I have participated in like 3 bounties in the past where managers refuse to make the spreadsheet available to hunters. They all paid ridiculous amount. I got tokens worth $18 for 3 contents that I created. I believe this is exploitation and it have to stop.
That isn't good thing to do for bounty manager to hide the spreadsheet and then paying a little reward that aren't based on the right calculation, since usually the spreadsheet just locked when the manager is calculating the stake and coins allocation for each participant, after that the spreadsheet will be open again.

Spreadsheet should be updated everyweek and not keep secret since cryptocurrency transaction are very transparent , so this should be visible to the bounty member.
Activity: 196
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

The only thing we can conclude through that situation is that, bounty managers are not loyal to their ICO hard cap.. I cannot say that it is scam since it pays you a bit. But they are very much alike. They hide their spreadsheet to hide their profit.
Activity: 897
Merit: 101
as long as I follow the bounty campaign there has never been a bounty manager that hides spreadsheets as you experience. you better not join if there is a bounty campaign like that again.
Activity: 476
i havent experience that, most of the bounty manager that I encounter yet they publish the spreadsheet of computation of tokens that you can get but the worst thing is that the token that you can get is not that good.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
They hide spreadsheets just because due to calculations. Once calculations are finished, they show results and after certain period of time hide them again,because data was send to devs and there is no reason to maintain spreadsheets
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
That isn't good thing to do for bounty manager to hide the spreadsheet and then paying a little reward that aren't based on the right calculation, since usually the spreadsheet just locked when the manager is calculating the stake and coins allocation for each participant, after that the spreadsheet will be open again.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
Hiding spreadsheet in public is being done b an incompetent bounty manager. It should be displayed on public so you can monitor your stakes and records.

If they keep on doing same fishy thing, you are free to post on Scam Accusations.
Pages:
Jump to: