Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people still smoke cigarettes? - page 3. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 273
Merit: 14
March 15, 2020, 04:40:17 AM
You smoke because its
1) legal and 2) lethal, but in long term
you just don't see the consequences right away.
aslo nicotine is one of the most addictive things out there so no wonder you can't quit
I agree. When you don’t see the short-term consequences of your actions, it’s much easier for you to ignore the fact that what you are doing will do you significant harm.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
March 14, 2020, 05:39:30 AM
no one know when they gonna died. just because they smoke it not gonna destroy they life.many disease that takes people life.
i do smoke and i think it not so bad. not all about smoke had negatif efect.
https://bolehmerokok.com/2018/06/10-manfaat-rokok-bagi-kesehatan-anda/
You smoke because its
1) legal and 2) lethal, but in long term
you just don't see the consequences right away.
aslo nicotine is one of the most addictive things out there so no wonder you can't quit
Activity: 266
March 14, 2020, 05:06:18 AM
no one know when they gonna died. just because they smoke it not gonna destroy they life.many disease that takes people life.
i do smoke and i think it not so bad. not all about smoke had negatif efect.
https://bolehmerokok.com/2018/06/10-manfaat-rokok-bagi-kesehatan-anda/
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
March 12, 2020, 05:08:39 AM
There is no punishment for smoking.

There are many punishments -

Poverty for some
Lung disease
Reduced libido
Greater risk of serious complication from the Corona Virus, because of the increase in ACE-2 receptors.
Activity: 433
Merit: 5
March 12, 2020, 04:44:37 AM
I don't find any reason for smoking. Smoking cause cancer everyone knows but they are not subject to judgement. There is no punishment for smoking. Everything is in paper not in really.
People can quit smoking any time. It is weird to gradually quit smoking. You can quit all on a sudden.
You should quit smoking for living longer and healthy life.

I agree with you, but each of us has our own weaknesses with which we are fighting. It is not always immediately possible to overcome our weaknesses, even if we ourselves want this.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm
March 12, 2020, 04:27:02 AM
In fact, people do not even know why they smoked You said that you should quit smoking, thinking of your own health I do not like to smoke Smoking gently drives people to death Smoking should not be avoided to prevent this fatal disease. It is not a difficult thing for a person to quit but those who smoke do not even know why they eat it.
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
March 12, 2020, 03:55:34 AM
I don't find any reason for smoking. Smoking cause cancer everyone knows but they are not subject to judgement. There is no punishment for smoking. Everything is in paper not in really.
People can quit smoking any time. It is weird to gradually quit smoking. You can quit all on a sudden.
You should quit smoking for living longer and healthy life.
Activity: 43
March 11, 2020, 07:07:06 PM
I think many factors lead people to smoke: dealing with stress and all the different emotional situations makes people seek a way to overcome and deal with these issues and of course, nicotine is a very addictive substance, which explaines why most people can't quit smoking.
Activity: 35
March 11, 2020, 03:43:59 PM
that's a good question but it's a part of human nature we do whatever pleases us right now not looking for the long term effects
I used to smoke cigarettes a lot almost 2 packs a day but now I am a quitter and that was as easy as it seems, the drive for me and many others was a mental one , you think of it as a little candy that you consume in your stressed times your free times and in-betweens once you get your thoughts fixed and determined, you will find that it's an easy decision that it' hard to take
March 10, 2020, 07:25:35 AM
I also don't like smoking You just said it pushes us into social issues This is usual practice and many people who have never slept before have often smoked to forget about their grief and suffering But I think we should stay away from it. Diseases that are harmful to our body and can cause nausea in the body.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 757
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
March 10, 2020, 06:32:03 AM
We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

I just can't understand what the appeal is given all the damaging consequences.

Same can be said about alcohol or any "hard" drugs out there.
Simply put, social factors and that feelgood moment when you take a puff.
I personally don't smoke cigarettes, but i do quite often enjoy a good cigar. For me its not addition as i can simply not smoke for days/weeks and feel fine, but i do enjoy that 1 hour of peace and quiet when i have a glass of whiskey and a stogie.
Activity: 22
March 09, 2020, 04:18:50 PM
The nicotine contained in cigarettes make the brain crave it.
Activity: 352
March 09, 2020, 02:58:26 PM
Well I see it as an irresistible addition that is very hard to let go. Smoking to some brings relaxation to the mind and helps forget the bitterness of the moment
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
March 08, 2020, 07:06:40 AM
Habit , pleasure people do smoking because they are addicted to it or other reason there environment like  friends and relatives promote it or they do it watching which people start smoking , i know some of my friends who smoke up to a pack daily
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
March 08, 2020, 03:18:07 AM
We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

Instruction about smoking is very dangerous, maybe it is often done by all governments that want their citizens not to have an impact with the accompanying illness if smoking. even wrapped in cigarettes has been given a picture of the impact that will be affected if still smoking. but this is not easy to be able to prevent them from smoking, because we also have to understand that maybe they smoked since childhood and have become addicted to it that is not easy to be asked to stop. need proper education to be able to change the character of the addiction and personal desire to want to change.
Activity: 230
March 07, 2020, 05:04:56 PM
I think people do cos they are ignorant of the fact that it's dangerous to health or its a habit which they find very hard to stop
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
March 06, 2020, 05:27:43 AM

It is the same reason why people drink alcohol or even drive fast in the highways.
We know that it is unhealthy or dangerous but we still do it because it provides us a way of entertainment or a way or having fun/relax.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
March 03, 2020, 01:36:20 PM
Consuming tobacco in any form will make you addicted for it,so there is no other reason than to create artificial dopamine secretion which will gives you short time pleasure to your mind.

And government wants taxes from these tobacco consumers so they are not interested in banning it.
Activity: 2086
March 03, 2020, 09:03:44 AM
Smoking is a habit and every habit leads to addictions. Some people in cold geographical locations use smoking to warm up internally. These are some of the reasons why people smoke.
March 02, 2020, 09:12:10 AM
When a person uses tobacco, either by smoking cigarettes, using chewing tobacco or by using another form of tobacco, nicotine enters the body and activates nicotine receptors in the brain. The faster the delivery of Rent a Car Dubai nicotine to your body, the greater the addictive effect on the brain.

As fast as the supply of nicotine is, the effects of addiction to the brain are greater People themselves cannot say precisely why they became addicted to smoking. This nicotine wash is the main reason for addiction.
Pages:
Jump to: