Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people still smoke cigarettes? - page 5. (Read 715 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 24, 2020, 05:34:08 PM
We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

I just can't understand what the appeal is given all the damaging consequences.

Here are some ideas.   

1) Lungs already damaged due to asbestos exposure
2) My robot is ready whenever I am
3) More money than I can spend with the life I have left
4) I'm no longer vain
5) If the virus goes pandemic, we will lose 2% of the population.   The Black Plague killed 50%
else)  Stress relief man.  Everyone has a vice.

I used to wonder why young people smoked, with their whole life ahead of them.  The reason is clear now - everyone may starve in a few years.  Sad
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 24, 2020, 04:39:39 PM
stress, habit maybe. It's hard to give up!
Activity: 1061
Merit: 501
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
February 24, 2020, 04:32:14 PM
Because I'm smoking 12 years old and cannot stop. I have a good childhood, dad has two jobs. Never ever need to worry for example how much gas you put in a car, always full tank. I'm, not a spoiled kid and same own kids.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 24, 2020, 03:44:14 PM
I have asked a lot of people about it. Most of them say that it "calms them down" if they are nervous. Then it goes like addiction. Second popular answer is that it helps to make friends, in other words it binds people. Actually, I also smoked when i was living in my property in Spain and partied a lot, but now i give up smoking because I fell in love
Activity: 1442
Merit: 2
February 24, 2020, 01:38:09 PM
I think people first want to test themselves by seeing a smoker. After that, he/she was unknowingly addicted to it. And that person started to smoking at times without his own knowledge. In this way, it becomes addictive at one time & that person can't come out from this life threaded Addiction. But luckly even I can't tolerate cigarette smell.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
February 24, 2020, 08:49:10 AM
We know it messes up your lungs,and reduces libido. It also costs a fair bit of money. It messes up your skin texture as well, and you can see those middle aged women with prune lips and pasty faces. Now it appears that smoking helps the Corona Virus to bond to cells, and this makes it much harder for the immune system to fight the virus.

because of socialization ?or being addicted thru the help of other friends or family that smoking?

i am a quitter and proud to be one,i did smoke for many years but end up now?i am not even taking a single stick.

in later?they will surely find the damage before realizing whats wrong.
Activity: 127
Merit: 31
The real Jet Cash.
February 24, 2020, 08:10:25 AM

Pages:
Jump to: