Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets? - page 53. (Read 51694 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
Because it is for their own extra security and for trading and some other stuff
I myself use 5 accounts for storing my btc and 7other accounts for trading.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.

because every wallet have a plus and minus Smiley
im use blockchain, xapo, coinbase, mycellium, vanitygen address, paper wallet  Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
For me that is not bad at all because sometimes you need to do a quick & urgent online payment here you need to have online wallet as well as blockchain.info or other trusted sites but do not forget to enable 2 factor authentication .
For long time investing & holding here you need to have paper-wallet or offline USB encrypt wallet.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Diversity is a good thing you can have many choices for different occasions.

Yes i agree the more options the better.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Defender of Bitcoin
Diversity is a good thing you can have many choices for different occasions.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
For me im using some wallet because i want to be anonymous and i dont want to hack my wallet to someone else.
and also i dont want to trace my transaction so i am using many wallet to defense my anonymity..
Your wallet don't provide you any anonymity but you can be traced by the IP of the transaction.It takes a hell lot of effort to cover that up and increases more risks cause you are going insane levels to stay anony.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
I am using not too many Bitcoins wallet. It`s serving the purpose. If I want to keep my Bitcoins save I will then use different wallet then if I need to have some Bitcoins ready for spending.
Activity: 728
I'm using qt wallet as well as online ones. QT is where most of my btcs are while I keep some in online wallets as well so I can use them anytime anywhere without me bringing my laptop. Security is for QT wallets while Mobility is for online wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
For me im using some wallet because i want to be anonymous and i dont want to hack my wallet to someone else.
and also i dont want to trace my transaction so i am using many wallet to defense my anonymity..
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
Every wallet has their own advantage imo and can be used for different situations. Helps to have to multiple to access from. As long as you have the private keys safely secured, doesn't matter how many you own.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
I am using a few, I do it because I am gambling sometimes. I always label each so I could see where are each transaction came from Smiley

Sooner or later you will find only your sum of bitcoins and leave off your labels and it's origin. It's from my experience.
But it's a good practice to label wallets and address for future reference.
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I am using a few, I do it because I am gambling sometimes. I always label each so I could see where are each transaction came from Smiley
Activity: 252
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
for me,i am use many bitcoin wallet for my bitcoin security,i believe i we divide our big amount of bitcoin in some storage,it will more secure,of course with different password in each wallet.
Activity: 812
I have paper wallet, electrum, blockchain.info, Bitcoin core wallet for the different purposes and safety of my Bitcoin.

Wow you really have too many wallets.
I think most people use just blokchain and now a days electrum is getting famous too.
I dont knwo the real use of using so many wallets, other than safety. I still stick with my blockchain wallet because it provides me more portability for my bitcoins, as I travel more I can access my bitcoins from any city without need of my laptop.

Maybe people have so many purses because they want to earn big profits from bitcoin.
Yes I think it does not matter as long as it can be maintained and managed properly
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Maybe they are trying to know the best bitcoin wallets.
That's why they are testing them all.
it could have been, but maybe they do not want to track who is using the wallet, or she also checks every wallet and compare it, but it's still a possibility
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
I have paper wallet, electrum, blockchain.info, Bitcoin core wallet for the different purposes and safety of my Bitcoin.

Wow you really have too many wallets.
I think most people use just blokchain and now a days electrum is getting famous too.
I dont knwo the real use of using so many wallets, other than safety. I still stick with my blockchain wallet because it provides me more portability for my bitcoins, as I travel more I can access my bitcoins from any city without need of my laptop.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Maybe they are trying to know the best bitcoin wallets.
That's why they are testing them all.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
I doubt people use lots of Bitcoin Wallets at once. There is a wide variety of wallets to choose from, depending on how secure and lightweight you want it to be. Generally, the more secure ones would be Armory and Bitcoin Core but they requires a significant amount of disk space and resources in general. Electrum and Multibit are SPV wallets and they are great for daily use while requiring little disk space.
Activity: 672
I have at least 2 Bitcoin wallets,
because if something happens to my other wallet than I have the other one that is working good.
Is just for safety purpuse that in the future my wallets are still fine. Cheesy

One of way if bitcoin wallet not working should have been and  can't fix that is make an another account . You did right way, friend.
legendary
Activity: 950
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: