Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets? - page 55. (Read 51694 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 14, 2016, 09:09:14 AM
I don't think most people use many wallet, I only have two wallet, maybe one wallets is enough,
because we can generate a lot of addresses in one wallet
Activity: 672
January 14, 2016, 09:06:27 AM
Almost everyone who use many bitcoin wallet want  to make their income organized. Each wallet use to different thing for example one wallet for gambling, other for trading. Or etc.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
January 14, 2016, 07:29:53 AM
Hmm,  I've not noticed.  I will need to wait for some other people to chime in.  Both my wallets do everything I think I could need them to do.

I know right. I only use 2 as well. 1 on my PC and one on my phone, just like you. Thats all I need and I don't see why other people need more than that.

I don't see it that strange to be frank, just think about it:

High mobility/low security: Phone
Accessibility/medium security: Computer wallet
Low accesibility/high security: An encrypted paperwallet

Some people have those 3 options

And some just get a hardware wallet to have high mobility + high security, but I would argue if being able to take your main stack with you is actually secure.. because you can lose it anywhere. In this sense I don't see this as secure, and I would leave the device always at home.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
January 14, 2016, 07:10:00 AM
for the safety reason, it is not wise to put a lot of your bitcoin in one wallet

after that it is also used for managing the income of bitcoin, and after that you need another wallet if you are doing trading transaction
Activity: 518
January 14, 2016, 05:12:35 AM
I used two different address

1. Gambling purpose (online wallet)
2. Trading purpose (mycelium client wallet)

I have two wallet with two addresses because I want to know how much I get profit monthly from both source.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
January 14, 2016, 05:03:25 AM
Do you keep most of your bitcoins on a paper wallet or everything is stored on your computer?

I store my bitcoin in the core wallet. I have multiple copies of the file in many places with encryption.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
December 11, 2015, 10:07:12 AM
Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
i think,people use so many wallet because they not 100% trust to one wallet,for me,i'm use one wallet,just one,because i trust 100% to my wallet.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 11, 2015, 09:26:21 AM

- Security (Don't put all your eggs in one basket)
- Variation (People like to try new things)
- Experimenting (See above)

I dunno, who cares?
yes most are for security and variation
I have hacked in a wallet . luckily I dont keep all my money in one container
Activity: 306
December 11, 2015, 07:08:13 AM
Hot Wallet: I use Coinbase as my hot wallet for several reasons. I can have my wallet on my laptop as well as on my tablet. I have a Shift card associated with my Coinbase account so I can use a debit card to make everyday purchases with Bitcoin.

Cold Storage: I use Electrum with a wallet that is tied to a Ledger HW.1

If I can ask I see a lot of people discussing that Coinbase is not good or BlockChain or other wallet. So why you use CoinBase?
Because I am so confused now with this that a lot of people saying is bad and got hacked.

I use Coinbase because I can purchase BTC directly using a bank account or debit/credit card. Blockchain.info doesn't provide this service. So it's a easy way to buy BTC. I'm not promoting web wallets as a main wallet. I'm only saying that I use Coinbase due to ease-of-use. I never keep more in the Coinbase wallet that I'm willing to lose due to a hacker-attack. I keep the majority of my funds on my HW.1 hardware wallet.

As far as comparing Blockchain.info and Coinbase, I just think that Coinbase has been more proactive about staying up-to-date with the latest Bitcoin enhancements/developments. Also Blockchain seems to have more issues with security than Coinbase. But that's just my opinion.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
December 11, 2015, 06:20:11 AM
Do you keep most of your bitcoins on a paper wallet or everything is stored on your computer?

I use a combination of paper wallets and Trezor hardware wallet. For my desktop I have Electrum but this is what I use with my Trezor as well. Also for on the go I use mycelium which I can also use with my Trezor!
Activity: 448
December 11, 2015, 05:43:38 AM
Hot Wallet: I use Coinbase as my hot wallet for several reasons. I can have my wallet on my laptop as well as on my tablet. I have a Shift card associated with my Coinbase account so I can use a debit card to make everyday purchases with Bitcoin.

If I can ask I see a lot of people discussing that Coinbase is not good or BlockChain or other wallet. So why you use CoinBase?
Because I am so confused now with this that a lot of people saying is bad and got hacked.
Activity: 306
December 11, 2015, 05:19:33 AM

Activity: 756
Merit: 503
December 11, 2015, 05:05:49 AM
every wallet have a plus and minus that why im use some wallet
like bitcoin Core
-you need more space and unlimited bandwith to instal it
-you can't acces everywhere
+but it's a best wallet with highest secure
+you get full acces to your address
coinbase
- cold wallet
- can't back up or import, limited acces
+ can acces everywhere
+ 0% fee
+ no need instal
xapo
-cold wallet
-very limited acces
-trace your spending
+0% fee
+mix your coin
+can acces every where
+debitcard avaible
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 11, 2015, 04:29:00 AM

on usb, i find them more convenient, not to mention paper wallet are not so secure like many think, there is even a thread here regarding their unsecure nature

another small amount on my main desktop, still ontouched by hacker, i feel safe, no need to be paranoic
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
December 11, 2015, 04:25:59 AM

Different wallets for different needs , If you have shitload of BTC you should logically think about getting a good Hardware wallet for them or go for a Paper wallet and save it .
If you are using a phone then you will use a phone wallet , If it's for PC then you will try find something fast,Lightweight and offer features of restoring your wallet in case something bad happens such Electrum and now Multibit HD (most people are going away from Bitcoin Core because of downloading the blockchain) .
Online wallets like Blockchain.info are mostly for daily uses and most gamblers use it but at some point they should move because it's never secure to store your precious coins in an online wallet or an exchange .
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
December 11, 2015, 02:00:05 AM
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
December 11, 2015, 12:39:26 AM
probably just for security, in case you lose/forget/get one stolen.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
December 11, 2015, 12:18:23 AM
I use a few different ones just to avoid losing everything if I have an issue with one, although I am slowing finding myself favoring only one or two. Plus the wallets from all those gambling sites  Roll Eyes

It's good thinking. Instead keeping every thing at place better to keep in many different wallets so if one wallet got hacked or any thing happen than your lose may not be so much otherwise at once one can lose everything. Only because of reducing risk factor, I have many online wallets and got one desktop wallet. I don't gamble much so I no need to worry of losing money in gambling.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 10, 2015, 11:26:46 PM
I use a few different ones just to avoid losing everything if I have an issue with one, although I am slowing finding myself favoring only one or two. Plus the wallets from all those gambling sites  Roll Eyes
Activity: 658
December 10, 2015, 10:20:36 PM
I am using 3 address, because I have experienced the theft, so I save a bitcoin pretty much on the cold storage.
the risk of theft is always there, even if it is in cold storage,
in bitcoin wallet quite safe if you apply a high security such as authentication
Pages:
Jump to: