Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do scammers scam? - page 2. (Read 5970 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
September 01, 2014, 10:07:53 AM
They scam because they see so many new people here who doesn't know anything about trades.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
*Bitcoin Betting*
September 01, 2014, 10:02:08 AM
Well, for me, scammers scam initially because of money aaaand s3x.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
September 01, 2014, 09:32:26 AM
Is BFL consider a scammer? Well they scam for millions of dollars..

And they are still scamming.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 01, 2014, 08:48:16 AM
Is BFL consider a scammer? Well they scam for millions of dollars..
Activity: 11
September 01, 2014, 05:50:59 AM
Why does any criminal steal? They want something you have. They don't care who it hurts as long as they get what they want. The reasons they want it may vary could be desperate to pay bills feed family. Or it could be to get more drugs or god knows why. Sadly there has always been thieves and always will. So its up to each of us to protect ourselves and hopefully each other.
Activity: 782
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2014, 07:58:48 PM
Why do they scam? Well if they pull it of right, they can "earn" a fair amount of btc in a, lets say, short period of time and that's not just with bitcoins.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2014, 07:28:43 PM
Most of them dont have emphathy, i.e. sociopathic behavior. so, they dont care what they do to their victim. All they care about is themselves. if they can put an extra few bucks in their pocket and screw an innocent victim in the process, well, too bad.. their mind doesn't process it like a normal person does.. they just care about number one...
Activity: 182
August 31, 2014, 07:10:30 PM
Because its easy to do lol.
Is it easy?

Prove it. I'd bet half a bitcoin that you can't pull off a major scam without putting hours of effort into it, making it believable. Ponzis MIGHT be an exception as you got an old forum account, although you'd lose the trust rating and your acc is probably worth .45 btc, so unless you made a big profit it'd be useless.
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
August 31, 2014, 05:30:33 PM
It makes total sense to me.  There are too many coins to buy into and not enough coins that make any real difference.  Instead of people trying to work together and make something worth while everybody (community and developers) chases the next best thing and then they realize that it's just another pump and dump.  If the community doesn't work together this is all you can expect to happen for a long time until where left with the same failed economy where trying to avoid but with a new face. 

When you support a coin that isn't offering anything real your supporting scams.  When you lose that money then you have just funded a new potential scam or multiple scams.  Watching coins slowly die has been very refreshing feeling I just wish it would happen at a faster rate so people could get the picture and stop wasting money and even more valuable time.

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 31, 2014, 04:08:39 PM
Because all they care about is making quick money and runaway.They don't care about future just a short time.Scammers are shitholes I got scammed many times as a newbie around the internet few years back.
Activity: 57
August 30, 2014, 12:24:17 PM
simple, money is all and for profit
Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 30, 2014, 12:19:54 PM
Simple thinking! They want your money. Scammers always use different and new tricks to gain money. They will give attractive and unbelievable offers and will aim to convince you. If you have a feeling that something is wrong, you're possibly right.

It appeals to peoples' greed! When people see the chance to gain incredible amounts of money, they're quite willing to take their chance and just fade out the possibility of losing all of their investment! People need to consider a total loss when doing their research!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
August 30, 2014, 09:11:20 AM
They want that nice quick money.

But why not just work hard for that money legitimately rather than work hard at scamming immorally someone for pittance?

Scamming is always much easier then legitimate work. If not, scammer wouldn't scam..

Is it? To successful scam you have to put in usually several hours work, whether that';s building up your rep or actually closing the scam. You could spend that time better building up your account to use for legit purposes like a sig deal or other ways to make money on here.

The OP was talking about big scams, for which a sig deal doesn't make much of a difference.

Even with small scams, why would the scammer care ? Why spend time posting when you can just make a new account and scam again ?

You cannot stop scamming by delving into the scammer's mind, just by being more careful with what you trade.
Activity: 230
Come original.
August 30, 2014, 08:26:43 AM
They want to get rich fast and dont want to work.
Many scams require more work than regular work.

Nah, I think scams require less work. Look at the hardware thread, selling fake ASIC.

Even trying to sell fake things still requires work to fabricate the listing then try successfully scam. Most scams fail several times before they manage a scam that's if they even manage to pull it off. Just think of all that time wasted where they could have been earning some other way.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
August 30, 2014, 04:37:28 AM
Because its easy to do lol.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
August 29, 2014, 02:36:49 PM
Hard to explain a sociopath, really. I think there is probably some literature out there on it, though, by psychiatrists and such. I would start there. Smiley

I happen to work in a psychiatric hospital. There's sociopaths and psychopaths. Psychopaths are born that way, while sociopaths have personality disorders.

One characteristic they share is the lack of empathy for other people. Sure, they can tell they are hurting others but they don't feel their pain. They will see their victims of deserving to be ripped off because they are stupid. They don't feel bad at all. Without empathy, the biggest crimes that pay the most and are easiest to execute are simply the most efficient way of making money.

Why work if you can steal ? Purely logically and purely selfishly it makes total sense.

These are sick people. Arguing morality with them is completely futile. 
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 29, 2014, 12:56:15 PM
It's pretty simple. Time is money. Scammers know this, scammers are low inhibition, and have little morals, so they will do anything that it takes to stick to that motto, aka big money in little time as possible.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
August 29, 2014, 08:15:38 AM
Because working is a scam, so they want to scam other people anyway. Everything is a scam  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
August 29, 2014, 06:25:08 AM
I can do the same question , but on the contrary :

Code:
Why do people not scam ? 

I think the answer is : beacuse scam isn't right . But few people think : scam is right .

What do you think about my question ?
Activity: 168
August 29, 2014, 06:16:33 AM
When it would be more profitable to stay legitimate instead?

For example there was Stackcoin. Its dev had an IPO that raised 70 BTC. It had an interesting idea and screenshots were posted showing the concept being developed. Wouldn't it have been more profitable to just develop the coin instead?

Or the Sharexcoin exchange. A lot of development went into that site and the site was a fully functioning exchange which would have been a good long term investment for the site owner. But instead the owner decided to scam its users by closing the site and running off with its users' coins. I think he was later caught trying to sell 24 million QORA on Poloniex which they were able to identify and seize.

It doesn't make any sense. Huh

What surprises me most is how dumb that scammer must've been trying to sell that many coins at once. He is fully anonymous, no one will be able to track him down, yet he decides to get busted on a small exchange trying to sell millions of coins? lol.. What a dumbass.
Pages:
Jump to: