Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Doge coin is bad - page 55. (Read 171471 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
February 12, 2014, 06:52:56 PM
Crypto is much more popular this year than it was last year thanks to DOGE.

Much damaging. Such intelligence of OP missed this. Wow.

Such intelligence also missed that we are a point where we no longer need new coins - we just need acceptance of crypto. DOGE much accepeted. Wow.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 06:48:51 PM
i actually mined a FTC block a month ago.  what a suprise.  i thought i didn't get nothin

give-me-coins.com 4 life
February 12, 2014, 06:39:45 PM
Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.
Many LOLs on the cheerleaders part.
Although I know almost nothing about the technical aspects of scrypt and sha256 coins and all I know is generic stuff, I like the idea behind Doge (for when it comes to promoting a coin, it is where Doge has taught everyone a lesson and a HOWTO and so far has excelled); yet coming to the second and most important part where you suggest to find something unique:
 Which are the most unique and promising coins in the scrypt mining scene? MINTcoin, VERTcoin, something else?
This is a question directed to all the tech-savvy members of this brilliant community.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 12, 2014, 06:34:06 PM
If you can't beat them,then join them!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 929
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2014, 06:30:09 PM
That sounds like good thinking to me.
legendary
Activity: 896
February 12, 2014, 06:24:44 PM
This whole thing reminds me about FTC, except with even larger block rewards, a strong meme, and even stronger community.

Funny thing is that despite all of that, I see DOGE on a precipice where it's either going to crash extremely hard or provide stable growth until it hits a plateau (whatever happens at that point though is a different story).

If I was a betting man, I'd say in about 3-4 weeks we'll get some type of resolution to this.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
February 12, 2014, 06:03:53 PM
in a response to the OP, I dont think it is necessarily bad ... competition is good in a free market, just think how it makes everyone adapt to stay competitive.

I can guarantee litecoiners are starting to get nervous at the quick rise of another scrypt.

It just makes other coins compete better and hopefully everyone benefits.

Peercoin adapted to a POS so it is unique in the crypto space, Quark came out with a CPU coin w/ a multi hash algo changing the space around some more.  

I hold Dogecoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Quark, but am most bullish on Quark ...

Activity: 826
'All that glitters is not gold'
February 12, 2014, 05:23:45 PM
DOGE - at first i hated, then i bought, now i love. Smiley 

Of course it's litecoin with a new name and some new parameters .... deserves nothing but somehow has gone way further than anyone could have imagined. It will now never go away.

If the devs are serious about doge doing some fund raising for animals and such it will only get far far far more popular.

Well we did get $30k raised for doge4kids which trains dogs service doges for disabled kids.

well that is awesome, i didn't know about that since i have been pretty busy lately and have not kept up with the doge community. However that is excellent news.

If doge continues to do things like this it's future is very bright. Also raising money for dog shelters ect... i mean people love dogs and animals too, i think a lot of people unassociated with crypto would come on board if doge set up something like that. I mean the biggest doge pools could easily put fee's up 0.5% and put all that to a doge coin trust for animal or dogie projects.
There has been talk about setting up a pool that sends all the coins to one wallet that gets sent to the dogecoin foundation account,but i havent heard anything yet. Also i think someone donated to will ferrell's charity cancer for college too. The charity donations alone have helped spread the word of dogecoin to people who have never even heard of crypto currency.

+1
This will raise the value of DOGE too !
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 05:05:01 PM

Of course it's litecoin with a new name and some new parameters .... deserves nothing but somehow has gone way further than anyone could have imagined. It will now never go away.

If the devs are serious about doge doing some fund raising for animals and such it will only get far far far more popular.

Well we did get $30k raised for doge4kids which trains dogs service doges for disabled kids.

well that is awesome, i didn't know about that since i have been pretty busy lately and have not kept up with the doge community. However that is excellent news.

If doge continues to do things like this it's future is very bright. Also raising money for dog shelters ect... i mean people love dogs and animals too, i think a lot of people unassociated with crypto would come on board if doge set up something like that. I mean the biggest doge pools could easily put fee's up 0.5% and put all that to a doge coin trust for animal or dogie projects.

For more info about official foundation you can go here http://foundation.dogecoin.com/roadmap
February 12, 2014, 04:35:06 PM

There has been talk about setting up a pool that sends all the coins to one wallet that gets sent to the dogecoin foundation account,but i havent heard anything yet. Also i think someone donated to will ferrell's charity cancer for college too. The charity donations alone have helped spread the word of dogecoin to people who have never even heard of crypto currency.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
February 12, 2014, 04:23:46 PM
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
February 12, 2014, 04:23:03 PM

February 12, 2014, 04:18:10 PM

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
February 12, 2014, 03:57:15 PM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 03:46:00 PM
if you not like dogecoin dont buy and mine it!!

but shut up! if you dont like dogecoin!

to the moon!

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
February 12, 2014, 03:37:16 PM
When someone quotes my posts, I expect an answer to their content, not bringing side points and distractions.

First of all, I don't care about your politics and your Tea Party, I'm not a citizen of the United States.

Second, I looked into dogedir; after a LOL, I have to ask you to please not wasting my time and yours with insults to intelligence. Yes, perhaps Doge has a promising future, services wise. The future...

Third, nowhere I said I'm interested in BTC to get rid of fiat. I don't want to get rid of cash in hand. I was very explicit: centralization, payment processors, IMF.

I could go on and ask you where did I claimed "endless supply" and much more, but I rather stop wasting my time with this.  

My apologies, perhaps it was less clear than I had thought.
The first 2 paragraphs where directed as a reply to you, after which it was aimed more in the general direction of other arguments presented in the thread.

Nor did I ever mean to infer that you were American, nor that I have anything todo with the Tea Party movement, but simply tried to offer a simile.
A more generic simile would be to ask if people are turning away from political parties dues to the existence of loud, populist, fringe parties taking up much media coverage. To which I believe the answer is a clear no, and would expect similar results for BTC and DogeCoin, though depending on the motives for their interest.

Your listing of "abusive credit card or payment processor fees, centralized control, IMF interventions, etc..." sounded more like a general complaint of the current system, especially with the etc at the end of the sentence, than 3 concrete problems that BTC could solve. But I must admit that I do not see how crypto currency can do anything about IMF interventions without trying to compete directly with the established system.

As for the "LOL" for dogedir, I have to agree and apologize for posting it. I just recalled there being a business directory for DogeCoins,  and didn't do a proper check of it.
A much better resource would be http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1wthoq/where_can_you_actually_spend_dogecoins/ with http://shopdoge.com/ seeming to offer GPUs (but a very limited selection). Still a rather impressive listing for a coin that has only existed for 2 months.

I hope this clarified what I tried to convey in the previous post.
I see. Sorry for the tone of my post too.
Activity: 18
February 12, 2014, 03:06:01 PM
When someone quotes my posts, I expect an answer to their content, not bringing side points and distractions.

First of all, I don't care about your politics and your Tea Party, I'm not a citizen of the United States.

Second, I looked into dogedir; after a LOL, I have to ask you to please not wasting my time and yours with insults to intelligence. Yes, perhaps Doge has a promising future, services wise. The future...

Third, nowhere I said I'm interested in BTC to get rid of fiat. I don't want to get rid of cash in hand. I was very explicit: centralization, payment processors, IMF.

I could go on and ask you where did I claimed "endless supply" and much more, but I rather stop wasting my time with this.  

My apologies, perhaps it was less clear than I had thought.
The first 2 paragraphs where directed as a reply to you, after which it was aimed more in the general direction of other arguments presented in the thread.

Nor did I ever mean to infer that you were American, nor that I have anything todo with the Tea Party movement, but simply tried to offer a simile.
A more generic simile would be to ask if people are turning away from political parties dues to the existence of loud, populist, fringe parties taking up much media coverage. To which I believe the answer is a clear no, and would expect similar results for BTC and DogeCoin, though depending on the motives for their interest.

Your listing of "abusive credit card or payment processor fees, centralized control, IMF interventions, etc..." sounded more like a general complaint of the current system, especially with the etc at the end of the sentence, than 3 concrete problems that BTC could solve. But I must admit that I do not see how crypto currency can do anything about IMF interventions without trying to compete directly with the established system.

As for the "LOL" for dogedir, I have to agree and apologize for posting it. I just recalled there being a business directory for DogeCoins,  and didn't do a proper check of it.
A much better resource would be http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1wthoq/where_can_you_actually_spend_dogecoins/ with http://shopdoge.com/ seeming to offer GPUs (but a very limited selection). Still a rather impressive listing for a coin that has only existed for 2 months.

I hope this clarified what I tried to convey in the previous post.
Activity: 826
'All that glitters is not gold'
February 12, 2014, 02:14:57 PM
Hi OP !

What is your real agenda ?
You don't provided any valid and serious reason against DOGE.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
February 12, 2014, 02:09:29 PM
Activity: 18
February 12, 2014, 01:35:30 PM
This is perhaps one of the most foolish things I've read in a while.

If I want to hold value on a decentralized crypto, why should I ditch a serious well supported BTC? What does Doge offer which is better than BTC? Where can I buy a videocard, a perfume or a toy for my kid with Doge?

Edit: I'm starting to believe the view than some alt-coin shills are more than self-interested, either with an agenda or dangerous idiots. So, your focus is not taking a stand against abusive credit card or payment processor fees, centralized control, IMF interventions, etc... but against BTC itself, the invention that gave us some glimpse of freedom in the first place?

If you are interested in BTC from a political standpoint, as an alternative to fiat, why do you care about alt-coins making it look bad? Is the Tea Party driving people away from the Democrats?
Unless BTC can stand on its own merit, despite scam coins, how does it provide an alternative to the current economic system? If it is so fragile that a few thousand teenagers can overpower it, it doesn't seem to have the strength to be able to stand against the established system... Or do you believe that Doge is the established system trying to take down BTC?

As for where you can buy a toy, or many other things with Doge, why not have a look at the Doge Business Directory http://dogedir.com/ ?

It is also interesting to see the people saying that DogeCoins are dead, because there is an "endless supply", but this is then actually something new that DogeCoin brings to the SCRYPT scene. (ZetaCoin does the same for SHA-256) Yes, it isn't capped, but the inflation that will occur is starting at 5% and will steadily decrease until such time that it will not be noticeable. It will still have less inflation than BTC or LTC for some time after it reaches it's "soft cap" in 2015. This also helps to make it something other than a commodity, which any cryptocoin with limited supplies are, and as such probably a better alternative to fiat. (Just see how the gold standard fared in the last century...)

Lastly, the fact that DogeCoin has gotten a fleet of "crazy teenagers" spreading its "gospel" is what gives the coin a proper chance of success, instead of being something for just the technically minded people.
Do you think Facebook where the first of its kind? Google had an alternative that was used by techs way before, but it never took off. (I can't even remember its name despite having had an account there)
Similarly I believe the friendly, if a bit over-enthusiastic, community is the main asset of DogeCoin, and helps differentiate it in the sea of ever expanding altcoins.

EDIT: PS.
To Spoetnik, you say that the community of DogeCoin is only flashmining and bragging about how much money they have. That might be true of some on this board, but the same can be said for all coins, even BTC. But if you look at Reddit, or in the media coverage you so dislike, you will see that it also helped send the Jamaican Bobsleigh team, and an Indian Athlete, to the Olympics this year.
Pages:
Jump to: