Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Doge coin is bad - page 58. (Read 171471 times)

Activity: 586
Merit: 500
Gambling bitcoin webmaster
February 12, 2014, 06:11:39 AM
Investors love DOGE , and haters make the community more strong  Grin
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
February 12, 2014, 05:59:25 AM
Your thread is pointless. Like it or not, doge has a very strong community backing it up. Investors love DOGE.
Note: I do not support DOGE, I only mine it and sell as it is very profitable.

Investors love DOGE.
TRUE!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 05:59:08 AM
but on the other hand doges community on reddit also does a lot of charity
Tip:

Using a reddit post about someones' dying child as an opportunity to promote your coin is fucking sickening.  I saw this happening today.  It has nothing to do with charity, it's just blatant opportunism, and it's pathetic.  Put your morons on a leash.

Want to contribute to charity?  Send money in a way that doesn't involve trying to get a dying child and their parent(s) to become a poster child for your idiotic meme in return.  I know donating to charity without trolling for recognition or free publicity is a foreign concept on the modern internet, but try it out some time.

I do agree that these kinds of requests are emotionally difficult and tend to make most people uncomfortable.  We can't help everyone and it is inappropriate to single out one child with medical problems over the others, although as a parent you are going to want to do anything to help your child.  For these reasons the Dogecoin Foundation selects and coordinates charitable projects for those who wish to give just as Litecoin has done.   I think that is the correct response.

I have respect for anyone who would prefer to give anonymously.  It is generally my preferred route too, but I also think the best way to raise money for a particular project is to raise awareness and set goals.  People like to feel good about themselves and feel they have made a difference.  The outcome is the most important things and whether you view this as cynical PR or not, a number of good causes have received money.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
February 12, 2014, 05:26:06 AM
Tip:

Using a reddit post about someones' dying child as an opportunity to promote your coin is fucking sickening.  I saw this happening today.  It has nothing to do with charity, it's just blatant opportunism, and it's pathetic.  Put your morons on a leash.
Oh...  Undecided
Activity: 38
February 12, 2014, 05:21:17 AM
Tip:

Using a reddit post about someones' dying child as an opportunity to promote your coin is fucking sickening.  I saw this happening today.  It has nothing to do with charity, it's just blatant opportunism, and it's pathetic.  Put your morons on a leash.

Want to contribute to charity?  Send money in a way that doesn't involve trying to get a dying child and their parent(s) to become a poster child for your idiotic meme in return.  I know donating to charity without trolling for recognition or free publicity is a foreign concept on the modern internet, but try it out some time.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
February 12, 2014, 05:15:45 AM
If you are not interested in Doge, please send your Doge to DSqVXc23LwcmPhqBRZJHV1Y8BAXcMdYkM4  Cool

I am ready to accept it!

Thanks!  Grin
Activity: 62
February 12, 2014, 05:14:09 AM
All of these buttcoin tears are making me moist. Come visit our community sometime, we just hit 60k subscribers after being live for two months (a couple of more and we'll surpass bitcoin)

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 12, 2014, 04:29:36 AM
hatin much?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 12, 2014, 04:23:00 AM
community is the only thing i keep hearing..

sorry but just because you guys flash mined it doesn't mean its great.
the community exists simply because people are exploiting the coin for mining an trading early on in the coins existence.
THIS is why it is popular.. simply because people are bragging about making money off it.

And people who are trading BTC's are not bragging?

Noob, pls.

If you think a $80+ million marketcap coin is a joke, than stop trading crytpos.

You got shitloads to learn.
Activity: 160
February 12, 2014, 04:17:19 AM
doge
Activity: 15
February 12, 2014, 04:14:53 AM
What a nice troll topic.

First off OP goes and calls people idiots and morrons already in first post and expects normal and civilized argumented discussion. Well doesnt make you look any better that those that you are suppose to flame.

Second, you are assuming its just that doge community that its rotten. I think what ever you said is pretty much true for whole crypto community including btc.
You disagree?
Go check trollbox on btc-e, last time i checked btc-e didnt have doge listed.

I find it funny no1 complains about 10 coins launching everyday and miners switching from coin to coin like crazy and dumping. When i go to exchange i think to myself why the F i need 50 coins ?
Lets talk about max coin and utc coin, its pure scam coin from dev side, yet people mining it as long gain is made.
Proly with scrypt ASICs they will even become more popular. Which shows how much community is willing to put up with corruption as long $$ are to be made.

Ok scrypt ASIC will bring 1 good thing, all these clone coins without strong community behind them will die off as they deserve.

I find it funny you dont speak or mind the shitty exchanges we have.
And no i dont mean this new exchanges, but old exchanges. The last price dropping and bad publicity to btc made by exchanges "with love". But why would you mind, you are making money on this swings...
Except most people dont understand volatility isnt a good thing  if you want something to be accepted as means for trading aka money.
Anyway btc is where it is today because of greed and dont be mistaken btc is a zero-sum system.
Trying to moralize about it or trying to have some fan bragging how its better then the rest of coins is like pissing vs wind.

I find it funny to also see alt coin traders saying btc can fail we dont care. The day btc fails all the rest of crypto dies unless btc gets replaced by much better coin.

On a side note i have been observing doge and its community in last 2 weeks and i have to disagree with you OP, to me doge with its community is more appealing then btc.  As miner  doge is 100% more appealing, every1 mining btc are old farmers with big asics farms.

My point is that there is so many wrong things with crypto and its community that doge is the least of problem. So rather focus on more serious problems.

Because i am not so fanatic that as newcomer i would invest into btc or crypto at all today.
Activity: 126
February 12, 2014, 04:01:21 AM
Well guys - there is one technical innovation - total number of coins! Believe it or not but Bitcoin will never become internet tipping currency because sooner or later even 1 satoshi will be valuable. With that amount of Dogecoins it can be easily adopted as a substitute for useless "likes" on the internet. And that matters.
Activity: 280
February 12, 2014, 03:58:33 AM
I get the point that alts dillute BTC's stand against centralized currencies and payment processors. I also get the point that Doge enthusiasts are often uneducated (teenagers) going wild on the Internet.

However I rather see these teens use their videocards to mine Doge while they look at cute puppies, than to spend their time playing ultraviolent and gory videogames. Or to post their most intimate details on Facebook. And so do their parents.

There also have been "charitable" activities around Doge..

Perhaps it's bad for the crypto-currency scene, but it's good for "people".

And another who actually put thought into their post!

Excellent point; I wasn't even thinking in that direction. It's definitely a more constructive distraction, no doubt!
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
February 12, 2014, 03:54:05 AM
I get the point that alts dillute BTC's stand against centralized currencies and payment processors. I also get the point that Doge enthusiasts are often uneducated (teenagers) going wild on the Internet.

However I rather see these teens use their videocards to mine Doge while they look at cute puppies, than to spend their time playing ultraviolent and gory videogames. Or to post their most intimate details on Facebook. And so do their parents.

There also have been "charitable" activities around Doge..

Perhaps it's bad for the crypto-currency scene, but it's good for "people".
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 03:42:41 AM
Well...ok doge offers no "technical inovations" and i understand that for oldfags this question is important - indeed it is! And yes, the barking is sometimes too loud and childish...but on the other hand doges community on reddit also does a lot of charity...that not just helps people, its also a very good promotion for cryptos in general.

well, did you once thought about this important point that for the mainstream-user technical inovation is not the key question? its usability instead! ...and if you would check out what grows on reddit and how cryptos are getting more and more a mainstream feature there you could imagine that apps and tipbots maybe not might be the most complex inovation but the most needed.

as far as i know that wave has begun with doge...doge will find his place and areas where people like it and for sure there will be more decent alternatives for other opportunities. the key point is: how can normal people easy and fast use cryptos without having to get an expert.

maybe the first generation is more than enough for that need...the second generation is coming anyway...but i dont think it makes sense to complain about something just because its not the highest scale of development posible...

if people understand it and can use it, its an important step!

FINALLY! An intelligent argument. Thank you! I was beginning to believe what OP said about Dogecoiners.  Wink

You definitely made a few good/valid points. No doubt Doge's popularity is promoting cryptos. But I suppose another part of that equation is the user base its attracting and the type of publicity its receiving. Is this truly very good promotion for crypto currency in general? Is excessive promotion inadvertently overshadowing other crypto coins? In the long run, is helping or hurting the scene? These are just questions to spark additional thoughts is all. I own several types of crypto coins - bitcoin is the only one I'll actively promote. For now that is.    

any other coin can perform this task..

no not ANY ...but a certain one...check my signature and you know which coin will make the race...

edit: there is a logo contest to replace the alien Wink
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
February 12, 2014, 03:39:29 AM
Well...ok doge offers no "technical inovations" and i understand that for oldfags this question is important - indeed it is! And yes, the barking is sometimes too loud and childish...but on the other hand doges community on reddit also does a lot of charity...that not just helps people, its also a very good promotion for cryptos in general.

well, did you once thought about this important point that for the mainstream-user technical inovation is not the key question? its usability instead! ...and if you would check out what grows on reddit and how cryptos are getting more and more a mainstream feature there you could imagine that apps and tipbots maybe not might be the most complex inovation but the most needed.

as far as i know that wave has begun with doge...doge will find his place and areas where people like it and for sure there will be more decent alternatives for other opportunities. the key point is: how can normal people easy and fast use cryptos without having to get an expert.

maybe the first generation is more than enough for that need...the second generation is coming anyway...but i dont think it makes sense to complain about something just because its not the highest scale of development posible...

FINALLY! An intelligent argument. Thank you! I was beginning to believe what OP said about Dogecoiners.  Wink

You definitely made a few good/valid points. No doubt Doge's popularity is promoting cryptos. But I suppose another part of that equation is the user base its attracting and the type of publicity its receiving. Is this truly very good promotion for crypto currency in general? Is excessive promotion inadvertently overshadowing other crypto coins? In the long run, is helping or hurting the scene? These are just questions to spark additional thoughts is all. I own several types of crypto coins - bitcoin is the only one I'll actively promote. For now that is.   

any other coin can perform this task.. and not look as bad or disgust a large percentage of the public potentially interested.
AND Litecoin for example (which Doge is based on) can fit in that argument just as well..

Activity: 280
February 12, 2014, 03:33:41 AM

FINALLY! An intelligent argument. Thank you! I was beginning to believe what OP said about Dogecoiners.  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
February 12, 2014, 03:28:06 AM
THIS is what you guys are defending.....

THIS is my OWN coin i made called BunnyCoin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2753177

see a pattern ?

notice the date.. July 17th 2013

edit:

I am going to upload a screenshot later of an IRC chat i was having where a guy was defending Doge,
when he said and get this "Litecoin is a Scrypt clone too"

r
o
f
l

THAT is the intelligence level i am dealing with here !
Activity: 81
Activity: 84
February 12, 2014, 03:12:40 AM

Pages:
Jump to: