Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Doge coin is bad - page 54. (Read 171471 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
February 12, 2014, 11:30:56 PM
Go back to Fiat OP, you spew crypto FUD. 
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 11:25:37 PM
Who's willing to bet this guy is single?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
February 12, 2014, 11:13:45 PM
How much money did you make on the Quark you stole from people?

prove it

edit:
by the way i already confronted you yesterday about that and you ignored me.. post your proof prick Wink
Also if you want to start a new topic then do so.. your attack on me is not relevant to the discussion..
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
February 12, 2014, 11:07:46 PM

Part of this I posted in another thread, re-using some of my points.

Disclosure, I hold Doge, BTC, Vert and a few others...

First try to stop thinking of doge as a meme or the silly dog, hard I know.  But your mostly asking this because you think the name, the meme, the people or all of the above sound silly.  And why would anyone invest in silly.  
Most people can't decouple doge as a currency vs "doge supporter having fun with the meme aspect of it"
- Many company's had their names based or derived from something silly or sounding silly IBM (HAL computer), google, etc.

Lately there has been several pieces of good news for doge, I'm not ranking them in any particular order here, or based on any overall impact.  These are driving up the price and helping with coin adoption.

1. Block split coming up which many people have mentioned and explained to death.
2. Olympic coverage of the Bobsleding/Luge will start in a few days and with Doge's generous donation to the Jamaican team, and Indian Luge , it will likely receive some press coverage on a global scale. http://imgur.com/a/poW9D / http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/dogecoin-india-shiva-keshavan-2014-winter-olympics-sochi/
3. Doge party on wall street which covered up the bull with a doge logo, made it to business insider (not the first time). http://www.businessinsider.com/dogecoin-party-2014-2
4. Dogecoin has a lite wallet http://multidoge.org/, which I believe makes it the first altcoin with one.  This is great because new users can jump into the game quickly, without waiting for full blockchain dl.
5. With the dip BTC has been taking, Doge has seemed fairly resistant to the drop unlike with other coins, which is helping it stand on its own.

Finally not new items but my own personal thoughts

- Community, community, community community!  Doge supporters are generally great people and extremely welcoming to new users and they are bringing them in in droves, shown by the great amount of tipping and donations to charity.
- On top of that there new development daily, sites added accepting doge, great buy and sell markets, gambling sites, to really get people using doge as a currency.
- Tipbots for everything are popping up reddit, twitter, fb in the works, which is great gesture, promotes the coin, and bring new people in.
- I personally feed that all those things has allowed doge to act like a currency unlikely bitcoin and several other coin which feel like more of an investment (like gold, stocks etc).  Most new coins just try to focus on it being rare and thats why you need to collect and hoard it.  Don't take this as a knock against bitcoin.  

- Lastly the crypto community here is a great bunch and very technical but coin adoption from none crypto people are really what matter when we talk about a successful coin, because it drives growth and demand. Anybody new into crypto coins doesn't give a shit about a 51% attack ,ASIC, resistance, checkpoints, a 2% inflation that could happen in 15 years they care about "what does having some of this coin let me do today".  
- Are those technical aspects important absolutely, but the community isn't going to jump from coin to coin just because of a few extra bells and whistles.  
- Everyone seems to complain Doge is missing some new coin features, or developer did something they disagree with, but I rarely see anyone saying how crappy LiteCoin is and Doge is a clone off that codebase.
- When you look at how doge started it was a joke, completely agree, but sometimes doing something different is part of getting lucky and being successful.  Let be honest for any coin to rise these days luck is big part of it.

Thanks
Activity: 154
February 12, 2014, 11:04:06 PM
Anything (up or down) can happen to any cryptocurrency, that's natural
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2014, 10:37:37 PM
How much money did you make on the Quark you stole from people?
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
February 12, 2014, 10:29:02 PM
so i am jealous because i did not jump in and flash mine Doge ? Are you high ? lol

uhhhh i have been around to jump on a million other coins minute 1 day 1 ..i have made far more than i ever thought i would
and i can get in on any coin i choose.. i am not interested in doing that so how can i be jealous of not having what i don't want ?

Doge logic.. it's tragic and sad Sad

this is one of those moments where someone should post to me that old meme,
where some disabled kid at the Special Olympics is running through a finish line ribbon
and people are saying.. arguing on the internet..

jeez nubs do you know how MANY times i have been told i am jealous i didn't get on the 'flash mine' when i criticize a coin ?
and did you have to ignore every single statement i made ? what's the matter have no response ?
come up with new material please you bore me with your tire old unoriginal antics..
Next the insults will roll in.. ya ya ya ..I'm ugly and my mother dresses me funny lol
ya ya sure you won that debate hha hahahaa

you guys are so formulaic and offer nothing but a cookie cutter,
knee jerk response, i can put you in your face blind folded ..i can't type with out looking at keyboard Wink
i have dealt with the same fanboys and the exact same retorts word for word for DECADES.
half of you were not even born when i was online lol

Stop bringing one of those plastic camping butter knives to a gun fight Doge Cheerleaders Wink
Activity: 378
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
February 12, 2014, 10:13:16 PM
Doge coin is bad

Jan. 6.  Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000027
Jan. 26 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000182
Jan. 31 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000144
Feb. 5.  Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000103
Feb. 10 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000041
Feb. 15 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000056
Feb. 20 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000018
Feb. 25 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000001
Feb. 28 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0

March. 1-- delisted

Feb 12 = 0.00000280

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Cheesy

so fun to read the late comers hating on Doge because they didn't jump in earlier. And yes, I sold 1m at 10 satoshi, that was my noob mistake on the first week, but I'm not mad. That chunk I sold is one of the many factors that helped the coin getting to where it is today. What's even more hilarious is that it isn't even that late to jump into the train, now don't come back crying when 1 Doge = $1 because you believed what this shitty OP had to say.

Doge is not bad, nor a scam. Doge is very real and it's here to stay.
Activity: 16
February 12, 2014, 09:52:29 PM
Doge coin is bad

Jan. 6.  Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000027
Jan. 26 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000182
Jan. 31 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000144
Feb. 5.  Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000103
Feb. 10 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000041
Feb. 15 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000056
Feb. 20 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000018
Feb. 25 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0.00000001
Feb. 28 Price of DOGE on Cryptsy = 0

March. 1-- delisted

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
February 12, 2014, 09:48:39 PM
1. Create a generic clone coin that nobody would care about.
2. Add something that is already viral in the net that people like and can identify with.
3. Reel in all the the newbs that never had anything to do with crypto.
4. Have them buy doge because, well, it's doge and he is cute, and they want to be good little shibes, and very wow, etc.
5. Profit.

That is my summary of dogecoin. A genius scheme, really, and great for introducing people to crypto that would not have cared otherwise. It's just sad that the coin itself is such utter crap, and that it's rise in price is only carried by the sheer amount of doge-crazed sheeple pouring in and investing. Yes, please do hate me for that sentence. Anyway, this will go well for a while, and during that time there will be, er, much profit.
But some time in the not-so-distant-future this trend will reverse. Doge needes over one million dollars a day pouring in to keep the price stable/rising (at given price and mining rate;
source: http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/).
Will that stream never subside? It definitely will, once the doge-craze subsides. And the broad mass of people will never adopt a coin called dogecoin, offering nothing beyond that, which is already being used to make fun of bitcoin and cryptos in general.
That is the point when doge will be caught in an inevitable downward spiral. Only what happens with all the doge holders making so loss? Will they turn to one of the smart crypto investments out there? Or will they tuck in their tails and hate all cryptos from that moment onwards?

THANK YOU for your sensible response Smiley

i have to concede it is bringing in people to Crypto and i will admit that is a good thing
BUT another coin could have done that with out disgusting so much of the public too !
AND it would have been smart of the community we have to bring forward to the public ANY coin with ANY usefulness or innovation
not for the love of god another scrypt clone Sad

and these new guys don't know shit and they won't admit it.. well maybe a couple here have said *maybe Doge could fail
but none usually fail they drift off into obscurity and lose popularity.. most never really go away ..they hang on and on and just won't die lol
and all my peers in the scene already know this well.. and some use that to their advantage such as the old mine and make a re-launch for profit routine etc

but what is pissing me off is this coin should have not gotten off the ground and it should not have been added to exchanges
and pool ops should not have fumbled over each other to make pools and it should not be the world wide face of crypto.

Do we really need or want brats ? is that the crowd we want to draw in ? ..because look at who we are attracting guys..

These guys have zero retorts when i point out all the problems with the coin they attack me and start lying etc
and do we need every new person lied to ? these guys can not even admit it's nothing more than a scrypt clone
like i joked about 8 mo's ago in that link where i made a coin tricking people.. the description is so close to Doge you would be surprised it came out in July 2013
this crap never ends since that post i made in July 100's have come and gone and they won't even admit it !

I can tell ya what is going to happen.. mining will become unprofitable and all the mouth piece's will scatter and vanish (the so called Doge community)
the noobs don't know that because they have not been around to have watched it happen a million times before, so i am warning them..
because the Doge pushers are not being honest with the new users their are actively recruiting for what can only be called a Ponzi scheme
and what happens too the guys on the bottom ? ..a lot of people are going to get burned and they will not have the trading skills to recoup their losses.

I think a lot of you are forgetting YOU know all about this stuff well so do i and i understand the risks involved and still get involved with coins i think are ponzi'esque
but is it not fair to warn strangers that come along and are overwhelmed by the propaganda of Pumpers who screech buy buy buy buy..
these guys often want you to by their bag.. and hey, many guys won't even know what that means for christs sakes ?
They will drain the noobs dry and say fuck em and scatter and move on to the next coin.. and brag about how 'much' BTC they 'very' made
AND you guys have the nerve to say to me "It's good, it's bringing in new users".. new users that have 1 interest getting in on a ponzi scheme.
Do we need to attract and recruit more guys that will act like that ? Are these the kind of people we want involved ? ..delusional / dishonest pump & dump scammers ?
We already have enough people that prey on the stupid.. recruiting them is a not a plus and a good selling point and excuse as to why doge is good guys sorry

try again ?

so far you guys have 0 reasons to refute my claim(s) ..as far as i am concerned it's me 100 and all the rest of you Doge cheerleaders 0
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 09:44:20 PM
It provides a way into the crypto coin world for those who like popularity versus ingenuity.

Really it boils down to what can make the most funds at a given aspect within time.

Keep it open source people and add some chaotic calculations.  

read what i said.. it's stealing the attention from deserving coins that could instead be bringing in new people.
instead your damaging bitcoin and turning away new potential users because your disgusting people with spamming DOGE across the web..

your reply helps me prove my point thanks you.

seriously is there some problem with having a currency that can be taken seriously that actually has something tangible to bring to the table ?
..bring in the new users ? you'd find more people coming in with a real currency than with a scam coin meme clone joke.

why such hate and I am not done reading? relax bro Doge exist and I think you probably wished it never did , but it does and it is a real as it gets , I hope Dogecoins invest lot of money in advertising making anything better
Activity: 274
February 12, 2014, 09:18:46 PM
People like you are detrimental to the crypto community, just look at all the vile you are spewing. Novelty is overrated, if crypto-currencies are to succeed adaptability will play a huge roll. Dogecoin does that, it may not bring nothing to the crypto world as far as script innovation. However, it's attracting the mass, the average Joe. If you where just starting, would you chose over greedy troll box in BTC-e or /r/dogecoin? You and people like you it's whats wrong with crypto currencies, there is too much greed, elitism, and speculation (not enough implementation). Take a look at Litecoin, all i see of that coin is speculation. Dogecoin has the micro transaction thing going for it and it's being implemented. To sum it up in a list:

1. more coins for larger transactions instead of fractions
  2. faster block rate (one a minute) *good against double spending
  3. faster difficulty adjustment time (4 hours vs days or weeks)
  4. faster reward halving time  (every other month or so)
  5. faster time to last block (mid 2015)
  6. faster confirmations on transactions
  7.Comunity!!!!
  8.Development (jut search /dogecoindev,)
  9.Integration into major sites in the work (amazon, twitch, Facebook, youtube, google+, twitter,imgr,sound cloud...list goes on), you might not now about it         because you are to full of hate.

Those are just a few things, the lists keep on going...(a lot of this are in beta, and i have seen most of them and most of the Dogecoin community has seen them. That's why we believe.)

+1 amen brother.
Activity: 274
February 12, 2014, 09:17:01 PM
Activity: 98
February 12, 2014, 09:13:53 PM
not  Cheesy
Activity: 1
February 12, 2014, 08:47:11 PM
People like you are detrimental to the crypto community, just look at all the vile you are spewing. Novelty is overrated, if crypto-currencies are to succeed adaptability will play a huge roll. Dogecoin does that, it may not bring nothing to the crypto world as far as script innovation. However, it's attracting the mass, the average Joe. If you where just starting, would you chose over greedy troll box in BTC-e or /r/dogecoin? You and people like you it's whats wrong with crypto currencies, there is too much greed, elitism, and speculation (not enough implementation). Take a look at Litecoin, all i see of that coin is speculation. Dogecoin has the micro transaction thing going for it and it's being implemented. To sum it up in a list:

1. more coins for larger transactions instead of fractions
  2. faster block rate (one a minute) *good against double spending
  3. faster difficulty adjustment time (4 hours vs days or weeks)
  4. faster reward halving time  (every other month or so)
  5. faster time to last block (mid 2015)
  6. faster confirmations on transactions
  7.Comunity!!!!
  8.Development (jut search /dogecoindev,)
  9.Integration into major sites in the work (amazon, twitch, Facebook, youtube, google+, twitter,imgr,sound cloud...list goes on), you might not now about it         because you are to full of hate.

Those are just a few things, the lists keep on going...(a lot of this are in beta, and i have seen most of them and most of the Dogecoin community has seen them. That's why we believe.)

Activity: 68
February 12, 2014, 08:19:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 896
February 12, 2014, 07:38:41 PM
Maybe you should try a post without all the commentary on other posters that simply lays out your concerns. 

If doge was good enough (joke or otherwise) to gain supports it seems like it should have every chance. 

More users for crypto currencies is good.  If your concern is that new users will buy doge and then be sad puppies when it crashes (as it does have a lot of coins) well that's life.  I can't tell if you are being paternalistic or trolling.

The simple fact is that I've never understood the doge versus bitcoin point of view.  Both can work.  We can have hundreds of cryptos just like we have hundreds of different fiat currencies.

I think there is a fear of tarnishing cryptocurrencies if so many people get burned. (Understanding why the OP doesn't crypto or BTC to get an even worse reputation is another matter.)

But let's be honest, those that have been here long enough have seen this cycle many times before (remember Fairbrix/Tenebrix? FTC pump? The constant attacks on TRC when ASICs first came out? And so many other scandals...). People are going to get burned, it's the nature of the beast, and frankly the nature of "investments" (which let's face it, a lot of people treat crypto as "investments" in the loosest sense of the term).

Nonetheless, even if BTC gets some tarnish from this, there will still be people in this market. After all, where there is money involved, people are bound to come.
legendary
Activity: 1022
February 12, 2014, 07:21:13 PM
Maybe you should try a post without all the commentary on other posters that simply lays out your concerns. 

If doge was good enough (joke or otherwise) to gain supports it seems like it should have every chance. 

More users for crypto currencies is good.  If your concern is that new users will buy doge and then be sad puppies when it crashes (as it does have a lot of coins) well that's life.  I can't tell if you are being paternalistic or trolling.

The simple fact is that I've never understood the doge versus bitcoin point of view.  Both can work.  We can have hundreds of cryptos just like we have hundreds of different fiat currencies.
Activity: 84
February 12, 2014, 07:01:05 PM
cause Blood is thicker than Water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmqHw3p2hLU
Activity: 232
February 12, 2014, 06:59:53 PM
Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.
Many LOLs on the cheerleaders part.
Although I know almost nothing about the technical aspects of scrypt and sha256 coins and all I know is generic stuff, I like the idea behind Doge (for when it comes to promoting a coin, it is where Doge has taught everyone a lesson and a HOWTO and so far has excelled); yet coming to the second and most important part where you suggest to find something unique:
 Which are the most unique and promising coins in the scrypt mining scene? MINTcoin, VERTcoin, something else?
This is a question directed to all the tech-savvy members of this brilliant community.

When any coin can be cloned byte for byte, uniqueness and development are perhaps less important than marketing and brand.  Having said that I believe strong development and support for the micro-transaction economy is going to be one of the key battlegrounds for crypto.  Dogecoin, whether through luck or judgement has realized that there is a whole world of people who want to tip the content creators on twtter, youtube, facebook and many other sites for original and interesting work. This is the Internet of money in my opinion, this is where Visa and Paypal haven’t a hope of competing.  No other crypto apart from coinye, the other 'joke' currency is even interested in this market.
Pages:
Jump to: