Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Etherium price is decreasing day by day ? - page 4. (Read 6145 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520
Why is the Ethereum price decreasing day by day?

Because sometimes things have to decrease towards zero.

This is done to have it go to $1000 within a couple of years.

~CfA~
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Have they even decided on an inflation schedule yet?

I think that they were hoping that if theDAO was a big success, they could launch more nifty smart contracts. Each one could have created big demand for Ether tokens. It would have made Ethereum a big IPO mill. Looks like that plan is a no go, for now.  Roll Eyes

That is right. After the survival of the Ethereum of this DAO hack, the price will be drift for some time at least.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

I think that they were hoping that if theDAO was a big success, they could launch more nifty smart contracts. Each one could have created big demand for Ether tokens. It would have made Ethereum a big IPO mill. Looks like that plan is a no go, for now.  Roll Eyes

Immutability ain't what it used to be.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao.  

by the sounds of it that's exactly what it is. and i don't think it was even poor coding. the dao worked correctly, they didn't foresee the angle the 'hacker' used.

How can anyone prove it wasn't foreseen?

Good point, as I haven't made up my mind on this aspect yet.

They knew about the recursive call vulnerability. https://blog.slock.it/no-dao-funds-at-risk-following-the-ethereum-smart-contract-recursive-call-bug-discovery-29f482d348b#.ypktf8e5c The problem was that they didn't see there was a problem with two other call functions that could be called recursively when put together. http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/06/18/analysis-of-the-dao-exploit/
Fail code. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao. 

by the sounds of it that's exactly what it is. and i don't think it was even poor coding. the dao worked correctly, they didn't foresee the angle the 'hacker' used.

Good point, as I haven't made up my mind on this aspect yet.
legendary
I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao. 

They call it coming to a social consensus.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

legendary
Here's my take on it.....the first and pretty much first "big Thing" for Eth and it was hacked and all this crap is still in the fan.
So what exactly is Eth good for? It more complicated than most crypto, it's lost a shitload of money.
So tell us what you can do with it?

Basically this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4rc2un/please_rob_my_smart_contract/
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Here's my take on it.....the first and pretty much first "big Thing" for Eth and it was hacked and all this crap is still in the fan.
So what exactly is Eth good for? It more complicated than most crypto, it's lost a shitload of money.
So tell us what you can do with it?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
As etherium is decreasing, so can we have a reason behind that and what are the future expectations.
I've been talking about it with some friends and people i dont know too and most of them said the same,because of the DAO hack.
I feel the same,that is why im trying to earn on Poloniex with shorting it but well... i dont like ETH anymore i think... i have enough of this altcoin,simple is that.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.

It was socially engineered to hack itself.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.
Then, to reply to OP, that's quite simple : the halving. That's what's draining all the altcoins for more than a month.

In markets, perception matters more than reality.  ETH is perceived as vulnerable and uncertain, and confidence is low, so people sell and the price trends down.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
with the DAO hack and looming fork? It is only NORMAL that ETH is dropping, in fact BTC dropped worse in similar situations

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4rbff1/what_will_happen_to_exchange_trading_duringpost/

People pull out. Once this is done, ETH can reach new records because investors will be happy about the resolution.  Smiley
Activity: 392
I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.[/b]
Then, to reply to OP, that's quite simple : the halving. That's what's draining all the altcoins for more than a month.

So why they want SF, HF if Ethereum was not affected?
Activity: 325
Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub
Activity: 392
As etherium is decreasing, so can we have a reason behind that and what are the future expectations.

DOA hack, eth hard fork proposed, conflic of intrets of eth devs, comuniti divided, ...

Do you really need more reasons?
Pages:
Jump to: