Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Etherium price is decreasing day by day ? - page 5. (Read 6145 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Hard fork for Ethereum is probable, and most likely will happen by next weekend. A lot of Ether will be released back to owners. What do you think they will do with it? Sizeable number will use to buy bitcoin, so look for a bitcoin price increase along with Ether sell off. When you see a sell off in Ether with heavy volume time to buy cheap Ether. Ether price could get as low as $5 with heavy selling. There is resistance at $7 so you should consider buying to hold long term starting at $7 and buying more on way down. Or you could just wait until the charts show a bottom is in place before buying. Any way looks like good chance for Ether fire sale next weekend. Right now Ether and Bitcoin are inversely correlated.

Any "investor" that gets their ETH back as a result of this hard fork would be stupid to do anything but sell it immediately.  ETH will collapse soon after the fork is realized.

I bought in to ETH at sub $2 price, so to me I could easily see $2 or lower ETH after this.

Yes, price is going to crash hard. $2 a coin seems realistic.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
As etherium is decreasing, so can we have a reason behind that and what are the future expectations.

Because it is made by a boy...

Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Hard fork for Ethereum is probable, and most likely will happen by next weekend. A lot of Ether will be released back to owners. What do you think they will do with it? Sizeable number will use to buy bitcoin, so look for a bitcoin price increase along with Ether sell off. When you see a sell off in Ether with heavy volume time to buy cheap Ether. Ether price could get as low as $5 with heavy selling. There is resistance at $7 so you should consider buying to hold long term starting at $7 and buying more on way down. Or you could just wait until the charts show a bottom is in place before buying. Any way looks like good chance for Ether fire sale next weekend. Right now Ether and Bitcoin are inversely correlated.

Any "investor" that gets their ETH back as a result of this hard fork would be stupid to do anything but sell it immediately.  ETH will collapse soon after the fork is realized.

I bought in to ETH at sub $2 price, so to me I could easily see $2 or lower ETH after this.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
Isn't the price going down because in a couple of weeks massive amounts of eth are released out of the DAO?
Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Will the hard fork return the coins so quickly. Will there be a soft fork first to freeze the DAO Ethereum first?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
Activity: 251
🌟
As etherium is decreasing, so can we have a reason behind that and what are the future expectations.

.. why it held at ~$12 until today.

in my opinion, manipulation. eth price dumped hard to 0.014 in one day(hack day) and a few days later had almost a 100% recover. to me, that's was a fake pump to whales get out eth.

now it can die in peace.

I think this is the correct interpretation, the recovery was unbelievable and pretty clearly heavy manipulation.
Activity: 432
I'm going to be completely honest right now; there is a small, small chance that Ethereum will be able to recover from the hack. The community that exists right now is more or less going to be the community it will have for the rest of its lifespan, and that's because those who are still here are the ones that have confidence in it after all the events over the past two months.

I am not trying to spread FUD, but when a crypto gets hacked at the network level, where control is basically lost, it typically collapses due to people leaving and the loss of trust completely. If you can name a crypto that has recovered from a hack that was as in-depth as this one and managed to walk out relatively unscathed, I'd like to read about it.

This. I was torn about buying ether and leaning toward doing it before this hack. This hack has easily made up my mind. Never going to buy something like this unless it drops to less than $1.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Stagnation and investor fatique?  who knows.  It will go back up like it always does.  ETH is not going anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
I'm going to be completely honest right now; there is a small, small chance that Ethereum will be able to recover from the hack. The community that exists right now is more or less going to be the community it will have for the rest of its lifespan, and that's because those who are still here are the ones that have confidence in it after all the events over the past two months.

I am not trying to spread FUD, but when a crypto gets hacked at the network level, where control is basically lost, it typically collapses due to people leaving and the loss of trust completely. If you can name a crypto that has recovered from a hack that was as in-depth as this one and managed to walk out relatively unscathed, I'd like to read about it.
Activity: 350

.. why it held at ~$12 until today.

in my opinion, manipulation. eth price dumped hard to 0.014 in one day(hack day) and a few days later had almost a 100% recover. to me, that's was a fake pump to whales get out eth.

now it can die in peace.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I am sure it is of the soft fork.
They did manipulate the price of ETH and the DAO last week by pumping it.

But let's be real, if you are an holder and you know about decentralization, would you trust ETH now?

From all I have read today, they have stopped the soft fork plan and moved on in doing a hard fork.
Does anybody know when this is going to take place?

From what I've read, there's no definite date. You'll prolly read about it first at the Ethereum subreddit.
legendary
Activity: 924

As prior posters have noted, it's fallout from The DAO hack sinking in. Both fell at the time, but ETH was essentially bailed out by Bitcoin's pump; that muffled its fall in fiat terms. To be honest, I was wondering why it held at ~$12 until today.

Just goes to show you, some bad news (news with bad implications over a longer term) is only partially priced into the market when it spreads.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501

But let's be real, if you are an holder and you know about decentralization, would you trust ETH now?

From all I have read today, they have stopped the soft fork plan and moved on in doing a hard fork.
Does anybody know when this is going to take place?
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Wonder who will dare to launch the next big smart contract project on the ETH chain...

Also is ETH the most mispelled alt-coin ever?
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
I've been watching that deacrease for a few days, and now and thinking about investing a little in ether.
The hack is one thing that pulled the price down, but the coming halving is another one.
I'm sure a lot of people bet on a price increase on bitcoin side and therefore selling their ether.
By the way, I don't think that halving be good for bitcoin price...
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit

probably some funds come back in the bitcoin capitalization !
in the past I have seen a lot of movement between LTC DOGE and BTC,
or even any coin (DASH e.g.) with a good cap.
we are next to the halving so probably (with DAO HACK) this is another reason why price decrease.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
     Due to the nature of the DAO attack, which demonstrated a recursive call vulnerability in the Solidarity language for the EVM, is why the price is tumbling. They tried to blacklist the Child Dao that drained the DAO of over 3 million Ether with the soft fork. They quickly discovered that the soft fork was vulnerable to an attack, where the DAO attacker could basically flood the network with calls that would have the miners producing empty blocks for days or weeks. So they had to give up on the soft fork. This has caused an additional fall in price as investors lose confidence in the Ethereum Foundation's ability to solve the DAO attack problem. Right now, the only option appears to be a hard fork. The hard fork option is somewhat unpopular. This also has contributed to Ethereum's downfall in the markets.
     The only hope that Ethereum will ever have is if it can be demonstrated that a secure smart contract, that is complex, can actually be programmed and run on the EVM. Some think that that the Solidarity language running on the EVM is too flawed to ever function as an economical and secure way to run DAPPS and smart contracts on a distributed, decentralized network.

So bottom line is that after two years they are, at best, more or less at square one. No surprise the price is dropping.
legendary
Activity: 1260
It has a real chance to go to zero, that's why.

^ This.  Eth was just a banker backed scheme to try and co-opt Bitcoin in the first place.  It really deserves to die anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: