Pages:
Author

Topic: Why gambling is portrayed negatively almost everywhere? - page 2. (Read 2100 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
Gambling was portrayed negatively due to many people saw the worst cases of such addiction in life and on TV. The same way like with drugs. We all know that famous and not so much people take it daily and live happily to the end of life, if the case is about regular doses, but again we accept drug taking as negative and dastroying, because of we saw hard forms of addiction or heard of it from the mass media.
Especially on country that banned gambling completely, it makes gambling portrayed negative. Also the bad effect of gambling is more bigger than the positive one.

Gambling is portrayed as a problem for the government that is the reason they are not banning it. People might not still consider it negatively since the government has the power to do that. In our country, Gambling is not banned but still there are a lot of people that portray it as bad, some don't really portray it as anything since it is usually used when they are bored at their houses, calling out their neighbors to play some card games and bet some coins.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
I am not a veteran in this gambling industry so trying to understand what majority of the people thinks about it.

I have seen a lot of threads in this section as well as in other online forums which always protrayes gambling as a negative line of earning money online. I have seen people comparing gambling with alcohol addiction. I have seen people actively trying to discourage others from getting into gambling industry. What's wrong with gambling?

It is just another business and also legal in many countries. People who buys lottery tickets are also gambling only.

In trading industry, you bet on your speculation and in gambling industry, you bet on your luck. In both trading and gambling, there is a risk of loosing money. So why trading is seen as a good way of making money and exactly opposite for gambling?

I belive it is just a social taboo about gambling and we need to rethink our stand towards gambling. It is just another legal business. What's your view?

Well, people already think this as bad because it can make people who already worst to become more worst. It can make people problematic the way they are going to think where they get their bankroll on next day. It can make person addicted on it which it lead them in bad situation.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
Most of the people don't have faith in gambling, before gambling they won't listen to other and after losing they will start spreading negative news about the gambling. Of course, we have to agree there is a huge risk involved in gambling but even though we take some measures but the results will not be in our favour.
What is there to have faith in? Having faith in gambling to give you a huge amount of money at the end or to make you extremely rich overnight? In that case, you will really be making a huge terrible mistake and then you will see yourself losing so much in the long run instead of winning anything at all. People with mindsets like winning at all cost are the reasons why gambling is portrayed negatively everywhere, simply because they set their mind too much to it and they miss out on the reality.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
Gambling was portrayed negatively due to many people saw the worst cases of such addiction in life and on TV. The same way like with drugs. We all know that famous and not so much people take it daily and live happily to the end of life, if the case is about regular doses, but again we accept drug taking as negative and dastroying, because of we saw hard forms of addiction or heard of it from the mass media.
Yeah, in as much as people are getting addicted each and every day, they are becoming a nuisance as well as liability to themselves, their families and society at large, then, gambling will be considered as something negative.

Sure, we may want to argue it that this has to do with people's mentality and mindset towards gambling, but if we really want to face the truth, very little percentage of gamblers do it for fun while the rest are just after the money and as long as this is the case, we will keep seeing cases of addiction in the long run.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
If anyone say the word gambling it always comes with the negative effect of what it can give to people who was a gambler since there are lots of cases that a gambler became broke due to its addiction though professional gamblers are the lucky ones who can earn win or lose in a tournaments which are very few and selected individual amongst those millions of gamblers around the globe. Sadly for me I was an addicted gambler and lost some bigs in my life now already broken and trying to recover for just back in normal life which is very hard as its not works for every one.
Activity: 644
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think it's because in gambling, people can spend a big money without making a profit from the game and people cannot always win and only getting the loss. gambling is not easy money to get and gambling is easy money to lose so think twice if you want to stay in many games in gambling and you need to know about the risk of playing gambling in every day.

Exactly. That's the huge reason why many people see gambling as something negative in life. If you gamble more than what you can't afford to lose, then obviously the effects are more negative than positive. The nature of gambling is not such where you can always win and become lucky, hence the chances of losing are more probable in this field. You'll never become rich quick by doing the practice of gambling, but you could indeed profit and cash out for your own benefit. It's important to quickly withdraw your earnings instead of using them for gambling, as you could lose it all within a short time frame.

Some people become extremely addicted to gambling games, and due to their carelessness, they lose everything and become bankrupt. By controlling your addiction, and never spending more than what you can't afford to lose, the negative effects of gambling become reduced to a minimum. Remember that gambling is not for everyone except for those who're willing to take the risk. Gambling can be highly rewarding, but at the same time highly risky. Just my thoughts Grin

It is really portrayed negatively almost everywhere because gambling may lead to addiction that can ruin your everything.

I've already know people who get addicted to gambling and as a result he lost his family, friends and properties.

In reality, if someone start entering the world of gambling he/she may not control or limit his/her self to gamble . Almost gambler cannot stop gambling and it leads to bankrupt and lose everything he/she have.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ
Especially on country that banned gambling completely, it makes gambling portrayed negative. Also the bad effect of gambling is more bigger than the positive one.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I am not a veteran in this gambling industry so trying to understand what majority of the people thinks about it.

I have seen a lot of threads in this section as well as in other online forums which always protrayes gambling as a negative line of earning money online. I have seen people comparing gambling with alcohol addiction. I have seen people actively trying to discourage others from getting into gambling industry. What's wrong with gambling?

It is just another business and also legal in many countries. People who buys lottery tickets are also gambling only.

In trading industry, you bet on your speculation and in gambling industry, you bet on your luck. In both trading and gambling, there is a risk of loosing money. So why trading is seen as a good way of making money and exactly opposite for gambling?

I belive it is just a social taboo about gambling and we need to rethink our stand towards gambling. It is just another legal business. What's your view?

I think that many people see gambling as something negative in life, simply because they tend to lose more money than what they earn. While this is true, it's not a reason to say that gambling is completely negative. From lottery, to dice, to poker games, to slots, there's a gambling game for everyone that suits their needs. You just need to be patient and never spend more than what you earn to stay safe when playing such games.

Sometimes, gambling is derived of pure luck, where you can win more than what you lose. There are many well-known strategies across the web, that will help you become a better gambler, but they're not a standard rule to make you win all the time. IMO, gambling sites will always be legal if governments will be able to tax them.

I believe that there's a bright future for the gambling industry, despite what it is said in the mainstream world. Better yet, with the inception of Bitcoin's blockchain technology, you can expect to deal with smart contracts, instead of humans directly, eliminating the middleman, and further reducing the risks involved with gambling. Therefore, it's all about luck and good dedication to become successful in gambling. This field is not for everyone, but only for those who are able to throw money at gambling games with the hopes of multiplying their money in the short term with a huge risk involved. Just my opinion Smiley
Actually a lot of people have made experienced lost in gambling and therefore they always think about gambling as negative, but still people like to play gambling because gambling seems to them the most easiest and shortest way of making money.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I think it's because in gambling, people can spend a big money without making a profit from the game and people cannot always win and only getting the loss. gambling is not easy money to get and gambling is easy money to lose so think twice if you want to stay in many games in gambling and you need to know about the risk of playing gambling in every day.

Exactly. That's the huge reason why many people see gambling as something negative in life. If you gamble more than what you can't afford to lose, then obviously the effects are more negative than positive. The nature of gambling is not such where you can always win and become lucky, hence the chances of losing are more probable in this field. You'll never become rich quick by doing the practice of gambling, but you could indeed profit and cash out for your own benefit. It's important to quickly withdraw your earnings instead of using them for gambling, as you could lose it all within a short time frame.

Some people become extremely addicted to gambling games, and due to their carelessness, they lose everything and become bankrupt. By controlling your addiction, and never spending more than what you can't afford to lose, the negative effects of gambling become reduced to a minimum. Remember that gambling is not for everyone except for those who're willing to take the risk. Gambling can be highly rewarding, but at the same time highly risky. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
For me the reason for that is simple because of the addicted, while 99% of the people can gamble responsibly there is a small amount of the population that gives it a bad reputation and as long as people keep getting addicted to gambling then I think gambling is still going to be portrayed negatively all over the world, but as long as you control it then who cares? As long as you can play games like roulette, dice, craps or sports bets responsibly then you are fine.

Personally, gambling is not at all negative. It's just that people tends to get addicted to it and just like any other things, too much is always not good. It happens to the simpliest activity such as watching TV. All needs moderation.

It's just how the human culture view gambling and money. Maybe it has something to do about how religions warns and somehow condemn people for loving money and riches (materialism). It all comes to the point of greed and that is what's not good for humans.
Our greed roots from the idea that as humans we can become happy when we finally become wealthy. Social media plays a huge role in this. You scroll facebook, you see your friend just bought a house, you see someone selling his phone to buy the most recent one. We are constantly bombarded by the idea that we have to own things in order to be happy. "Just look at the guy in his selfie with the new bokeh effect of iPhoneX, he seems so happy. It's probably because of the phone." we always tell ourselves.

While we're gambling, we're so eager to hit the jackpot. We're thinking that finally everything will pay off. We're imagining that one day, you'd win so big that you've recovered all your losses, be able to pay all your family's debts, and maybe even give your family a good life. It's that one happy scenario in our heads that keeps us motivated. We're thinking that one day we'll hit the jackpot and you will hear those who turned you down admit that they are wrong and that you were right all along. Sadly, to most of us, it stayed like that - an imagination.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
For me the reason for that is simple because of the addicted, while 99% of the people can gamble responsibly there is a small amount of the population that gives it a bad reputation and as long as people keep getting addicted to gambling then I think gambling is still going to be portrayed negatively all over the world, but as long as you control it then who cares? As long as you can play games like roulette, dice, craps or sports bets responsibly then you are fine.

Personally, gambling is not at all negative. It's just that people tends to get addicted to it and just like any other things, too much is always not good. It happens to the simpliest activity such as watching TV. All needs moderation.

It's just how the human culture view gambling and money. Maybe it has something to do about how religions warns and somehow condemn people for loving money and riches (materialism). It all comes to the point of greed and that is what's not good for humans.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Most of the people don't have faith in gambling, before gambling they won't listen to other and after losing they will start spreading negative news about the gambling. Of course, we have to agree there is a huge risk involved in gambling but even though we take some measures but the results will not be in our favour.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
Well I think its because gambling has a bad impact in our lives and that's the general opinion of people regardless if they gamble and experienced it by themselves or not.

We know gambling can lead to addiction and greediness to earn money, some gamblers think its the easy way to double your money in snap while others are playing just to entartain them. But the point is gambling can ruin your lives especially if you dont have control when playing thus many people see it negatively.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783

That is why most people see gambling as a bad habit. Addicted gamblers tend to lose a lot of money in gambling and that's okay with them as long as they do their habit. Gambling was not made purposely to make money but to ease some people their boredom or stress. But those addicted gambliers don't realize the reality which makes some regular gamblers also bad in the eyes of some people.
Activity: 980
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
~snip
You might be right but in my own opinion gambling and trading are the samething because the future is not promised cause they both involve in risk taking. However, life without risk is no existence and the reason why gambling is portrayed negatively was because most people don't care to know about the depth of it before judging it and how would you understand whats inside a book by just looking at the cover?
The second reason are those that gamble immature way.
Gambling is portrayed negatively almost everywhere because you have heard the stories of addicts and their losses. These stories include how they destroyed their lives just by gambling and since then, it has been viewed as a negative thing and you cannot do anything about it. That's just how the world is now and you just have to be careful and understand what you are going to do.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
yes because it's easy money, and easy money does not lead to a good one.

There are a lot of ways to earn easy money and Gambling is just one of them. Gambling is a game of luck, it will not ensure you a good profit or a great amount of money but it will ensure you addiction and regret if you don't control yourself.

Most of the people negatively portray Gambling since there are a lot of people that is destroyed by this in our country. With a lot of lesson learned experiences, most of the parents are keeping their children to avoid using their money on gambling.
Gambling look like an easy way of making money, but i think that gambling is one of the most difficult way of making money. Actually in gambling we mostly depend on our luck and so the chances of losing money in gambling increases more andmore.
Generally many people lose their money on gambling because it depends on luck as you said. If you are not lucky, you can lose everything not only money, but also friends, family etc. that's way gambling is portrayed negatively.
You might be right but in my own opinion gambling and trading are the samething because the future is not promised cause they both involve in risk taking. However, life without risk is no existence and the reason why gambling is portrayed negatively was because most people don't care to know about the depth of it before judging it and how would you understand whats inside a book by just looking at the cover?
The second reason are those that gamble immature way.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101

There are a lot of ways to earn easy money and Gambling is just one of them. Gambling is a game of luck, it will not ensure you a good profit or a great amount of money but it will ensure you addiction and regret if you don't control yourself.

Most of the people negatively portray Gambling since there are a lot of people that is destroyed by this in our country. With a lot of lesson learned experiences, most of the parents are keeping their children to avoid using their money on gambling.
Gambling look like an easy way of making money, but i think that gambling is one of the most difficult way of making money. Actually in gambling we mostly depend on our luck and so the chances of losing money in gambling increases more andmore.
Generally many people lose their money on gambling because it depends on luck as you said. If you are not lucky, you can lose everything not only money, but also friends, family etc. that's way gambling is portrayed negatively.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0

Gambling often portrayed negatively because if a person who has an addiction to gambling needs to gamble more to get the same "high." In some instances they chase their losses, thinking that if they continue to engage in gambling, they will win back lost money. And they never stop until they lost everything . And leave them empty handed. Gambling should only for fun and entertainment purposes but for some people it is not. That is why gambling is negatively portrayed everywhere.
Pages:
Jump to: