Pages:
Author

Topic: Why has the left wing abandoned Israel? - page 5. (Read 5693 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Really it is kind of simple… The left wing used to be Democrats… Now they are progressives, they are not the same. Democrats helped people, progressives are full of hate.
I'm not a democrat or a progressive. I'm a liberal. What have labels to do with it?
I guess i am not aware that liberals have turned against Israel.

I have a distinct dislike for the treatment of ordinary Palestanians by Israeli's and an equal distaste for the terrorism against Israel.

I do object to the blind American/Israeli supporters who can find no fault with Israel.
I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere. Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.

be careful when you say that though, you could easily be labelled an anti-semite.
Activity: 448
Really it is kind of simple… The left wing used to be Democrats… Now they are progressives, they are not the same. Democrats helped people, progressives are full of hate.
I'm not a democrat or a progressive. I'm a liberal. What have labels to do with it?

I have a distinct dislike for the treatment of ordinary Palestanians by Israeli's and an equal distaste for the terrorism against Israel.

I do object to the blind American/Israeli supporters who can find no fault with Israel.
I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere. Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.
Activity: 378
June 28, 2014, 06:47:26 PM

Activity: 406
June 28, 2014, 04:20:33 PM
The more I learn about this conflict the more I think that frankly it will never end. Someone will have to win for it to end and that will be ugly. There is way too much propaganda on both sides.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
June 28, 2014, 03:02:21 PM
Everyone abandons Israel at some point, even god abandoned it ages ago.

No he didnt. why? because he dosent exist.

I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere.

Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.

"Crimes against humanity" Such as? Saying Israel commits Crimes against humanity is propaganda itself.

OP,the left abandoned Israel because leftists tend to side with the weaker side,aka Palestinians. And ofc the regular reason of racism.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
June 28, 2014, 02:17:32 PM
I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere.

Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.

This is probably right, although I wouldn't call it misinformation, I call it propaganda.
Activity: 448
June 28, 2014, 01:55:29 PM

Activity: 364
June 28, 2014, 01:54:17 PM
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
June 28, 2014, 01:50:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
June 28, 2014, 01:47:14 PM
Everyone abandons Israel at some point, even god abandoned it ages ago.
Activity: 364
June 28, 2014, 01:44:42 PM
At one time it seemed as most liberals supported Israel. Now many of them seem to despise her and have great sympathy for the Palestinians. I have said many time that there is plenty of blame to go around in that part of the world. No one side constantly wears the white or the black hat. Very few hands are free of blood.

Now it's mostly the right that support Israel and I find myself generally with them on this issue. That doesn't mean I have no sympathy for the plight of the Palestinians or blame to cast onto Israel for her behavior. I do not however hold extreme views on the subject and put all the blame on one side.

Basically I believe that Israel and the Palestinians have to find a way to coexist together or they will continue to die together. Arguing endlessly about who has a more legitimate historical right to the the same land is non productive and ultimately futile. Neither people are going to go away. There will be no state of Israel or state of Palestine in Africa or anywhere else. The people live and die where they are now and that means they are going to have to find a way to live together.

Much has to be done and I hate to think most on the left and the right have become so polarized on the issue that extreme views rule the day. I don't see the Israel/ Palestinian issue as part of the "culture wars" that plague America but with the left in general, supporting the Palestinians and the right in general, supporting the Israelis it's becoming to look that way. Serious discussions about finding ways to solve the problems can't even get under way when both sides insist that one or the other has to get out. That will never happen.

Why do people hold such strong views on the Israel/ Palestinian issue and why has the left in America abandoned the Jewish State? What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: