Pages:
Author

Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash? - page 49. (Read 246148 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 05, 2017, 04:15:40 AM
The current monetary system failed there is no distribution according to the current era out there and that is due to the greed of banks and other companies so crypto changes that.
Monetary system never goes fail. But there may be some issue or it goes down. While people are investing in bitcoin and altcoins so now a days crypto currencies are willing by banks. Banks want that government allow the crypto currencies in banks. So there monetary system will be also better and crypto will be also in a benefits.
I think the government will not approve the request of the bank. Because cryptocurrency is digital, decentralized and anonymous. There may be many bank misuses that would harm a country. So I do not think the government will do that.
When Countries are legalizing the bitcoin usage what's more than that required for banks to get approved for the usage of bitcoin. Already there are financial services functional on the bitcoin platform. So I don't find any complications with government disapproving the bitcoin usage.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 05, 2017, 03:24:57 AM
The current monetary system failed there is no distribution according to the current era out there and that is due to the greed of banks and other companies so crypto changes that.
Monetary system never goes fail. But there may be some issue or it goes down. While people are investing in bitcoin and altcoins so now a days crypto currencies are willing by banks. Banks want that government allow the crypto currencies in banks. So there monetary system will be also better and crypto will be also in a benefits.
I think the government will not approve the request of the bank. Because cryptocurrency is digital, decentralized and anonymous. There may be many bank misuses that would harm a country. So I do not think the government will do that.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
July 05, 2017, 03:22:46 AM
I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

I agree with your comments. But in my opinion, there are currently only a few places accepting Bitcoin payments. Bitcoin is always a potential investment in the future but we can not deny the popularity of cash. In addition, the security of using Bitcoin is very high, we can protect our money from being robbed or stolen on the road. When it comes to big deals, transnational transactions, bitcoin always take advantage, we have complete control over all transactions, no tax department, no customs, no bank or any organization. Do intervene That was amazing.
I can't still consider Bitcoin as a universal curremcy as of the moment. Yes it is accepted as a currency but is only prominent in online shops but not is local businesses. As a global currency you must be accepted in anywhere you go or even be considered as a payment option in that place like Visa and Mastercard Credit Cards. So if we don't see any improvement on Bitcoin being accepted more we can't consider Bitcoin as a glbal currency.
Activity: 301
Merit: 100
July 05, 2017, 03:12:13 AM
I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

I agree with your comments. But in my opinion, there are currently only a few places accepting Bitcoin payments. Bitcoin is always a potential investment in the future but we can not deny the popularity of cash. In addition, the security of using Bitcoin is very high, we can protect our money from being robbed or stolen on the road. When it comes to big deals, transnational transactions, bitcoin always take advantage, we have complete control over all transactions, no tax department, no customs, no bank or any organization. Do intervene That was amazing.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
July 02, 2017, 01:33:48 PM
Monetary system never fails but in a current era it is become a weak and it is getting weakling maybe it will be fail in a future so yes it is never fail if the issue is maintain like this then soon it would be failed. That’s why people are changing to best side which is known as crypto currencies specially changing to bitcoin.
i just don't understand how bitcoin could changes the current monetary system what you have called failed? how exactly current banking system could replaced by the bitcoin peer to peer electronic cash system? it is required a lot of time, people not ready yet.

i think banks/current monetary system should be remain exist .
Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
July 02, 2017, 01:31:55 PM

I do not know why some people are so set on only holding cash, there are people that literally have cash under their matters, but by doing that they do not realize they are losing money, the only thing to do is to always have your money working for you, invest it, use it for trade, because if you don’t you will be losing purchasing power every day of the week.

You mean you don't know why people aren't that eager to lose all their money in a crash?
I'm pretty sure the guys in 1930 would have loved to invest and trade again after the great depression.
Actually, a lot of people did continue to invest and trade afterwards, because after it it would have been a good time to buy.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
July 02, 2017, 12:18:57 PM

I do not know why some people are so set on only holding cash, there are people that literally have cash under their matters, but by doing that they do not realize they are losing money, the only thing to do is to always have your money working for you, invest it, use it for trade, because if you don’t you will be losing purchasing power every day of the week.

You mean you don't know why people aren't that eager to lose all their money in a crash?
I'm pretty sure the guys in 1930 would have loved to invest and trade again after the great depression.

And by the way, purchasing power has decreased here by only 4.2 in the last 5 years.
We're "risking" deflation if things go this way.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
July 01, 2017, 04:32:15 PM
Monetary system never fails but in a current era it is become a weak and it is getting weakling maybe it will be fail in a future so yes it is never fail if the issue is maintain like this then soon it would be failed. That’s why people are changing to best side which is known as crypto currencies specially changing to bitcoin.
Activity: 228
July 01, 2017, 04:22:47 PM

Yes, this is correct. Bitcoin or cash, they don't need to kill each other. We can find an equilibrium where both of them lives in harmony under conventional economic system.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
July 01, 2017, 03:05:55 PM
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 01, 2017, 02:53:24 AM
I like bitcoins simply because it is quite safe and the price can increase rapidly compared to cash.. It is also hard for the government to simply take bitcoin from you like they do in implimenting taxes
That’s what I like about Bitcoin as well since the people that use it is not fully under the whole Banking companies that are out there. Banks can do whatever they want if they felt like it once the money is in there they can take it away or have it their system without it gaining any interest.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
July 01, 2017, 12:24:59 AM
I like bitcoins simply because it is quite safe and the price can increase rapidly compared to cash.. It is also hard for the government to simply take bitcoin from you like they do in implimenting taxes
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
July 01, 2017, 12:12:16 AM

Probably the number 2 reason that you offer is the best of all, cash is not an investment, in fact it is just a way to lose money in the long term while having bitcoin can be one of the best investments at the moment especially now that the price of all cryptos seem to go down, it seems we are going to have the opportunity to buy bitcoin for cheap once again.

Yes, Cash won't help you increase your value, but investment such as Bitcoins will surely increase your valuation of your money.
But also transacting worldwide with ease is another reason for many including me to have Bitcoins.
I do not know why some people are so set on only holding cash, there are people that literally have cash under their mattress, but by doing that they do not realize they are losing money, the only thing to do is to always have your money working for you, invest it, use it for trade, because if you don’t you will be losing purchasing power every day of the week.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
June 30, 2017, 05:49:42 PM
you can carry unlimited bitcoins with you and cross borders/countries withour raising alarm..

Indeed.
Like you  don't borher walking in the streets with huge amount of btc in your pocket knowing it will be safe from thieves.
All you need is to secure all the information you need to access your account, that is the great thing about bitcoin and since more
stores are accepting bitcoin now we can use it to buy what we need or cash out some time since there's debit cards as well.

Right if we secured all  the information about our account so no one can reach hack our account and also we need to more secure our own account .More , yeah you right many stores accept bitcoin and we can buy things and if some countries or store cannot accept bitcoin we can easily convert bitcoin into fiat money and then use it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
June 30, 2017, 05:12:52 PM

The current one has not failed yet.
It's going to at a certain point just like we have managed to break a lot of them in the past.
It's not the fault of the design it's the fault of the people behind it.

And somewhere in the future there will be a stupid idiot who with all his might will try to improve bitcoin and manage to bring it down.
But hopefully I won't be around when history repeats itself.
Activity: 266
Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR
June 30, 2017, 08:36:06 AM
Yeah, the guys that built their banking system could make up values that allow them to have as much money as they want. If those people within that bank can do some basic math then they will be able to do something like that without having to worry so much about the IRS.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 30, 2017, 06:46:43 AM
The best part of bitcoin is that there is no discrimination by colour, criminality and class. Bitcoin is for everyone from all over the world, every countries is accepted and everyone can use it. I think we should be grateful to Satoshi and his group. Fiat on the other hand  discriminate and enslaved the poor for evil politicians and bankers.

How high are you? In bitcoin, your earnings are based on the things that you can do. That's no different than what's happening in fiat. As a matter of fact, the discrimination is even greater in bitcoin. People base everything on the things that you can do. For example, if you're new in designing logos then someone is already doing it here and he's pretty good, you can never get any clients unless you make the price ridiculously low.

In terms of colour, class, etc. in real life it doesn't apply that much anymore. You're asian, that's alright. There might be stereotypes about you but that doesn't matter that you're less than qualified than other people. Most companies don't care about who you are anyway. As long as you can get the job done, then you're hired.

Well said. I don't know either where the discrimination part came from.but i agree with you there dude. It doesn't matter whether you're.dealing with crypto or fiat. Discrimination will always be there because of aholes who think too highly of themselves.
Activity: 471
Merit: 102
June 30, 2017, 05:31:41 AM
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
June 30, 2017, 05:24:38 AM
The best part of bitcoin is that there is no discrimination by colour, criminality and class. Bitcoin is for everyone from all over the world, every countries is accepted and everyone can use it. I think we should be grateful to Satoshi and his group. Fiat on the other hand  discriminate and enslaved the poor for evil politicians and bankers.

How high are you? In bitcoin, your earnings are based on the things that you can do. That's no different than what's happening in fiat. As a matter of fact, the discrimination is even greater in bitcoin. People base everything on the things that you can do. For example, if you're new in designing logos then someone is already doing it here and he's pretty good, you can never get any clients unless you make the price ridiculously low.

In terms of colour, class, etc. in real life it doesn't apply that much anymore. You're asian, that's alright. There might be stereotypes about you but that doesn't matter that you're less than qualified than other people. Most companies don't care about who you are anyway. As long as you can get the job done, then you're hired.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
June 30, 2017, 01:31:35 AM
you can carry unlimited bitcoins with you and cross borders/countries withour raising alarm..

Indeed.
Like you  don't borher walking in the streets with huge amount of btc in your pocket knowing it will be safe from thieves.
All you need is to secure all the information you need to access your account, that is the great thing about bitcoin and since more
stores are accepting bitcoin now we can use it to buy what we need or cash out some time since there's debit cards as well.
Bitcoin has got very limited acceptance compared to the fiat acceptance for different needs. Even at this situation we need to have bitcoin is to grow the value you hold. Fiat even after a month has the same value, but with bitcoin it varies in the upward or downward direction. So the same value of the fiat in terms of bitcoin will profit us bigger. This is the reason I suggest why use bitcoin instead of cash.
Pages:
Jump to: