Pages:
Author

Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash? - page 52. (Read 246148 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
June 25, 2017, 12:24:10 PM
My parents don't even use cash any more, everything is payed with credit cards nowadays. I don't see a problem in me using btc when I am their age.
Yeah i think it's been a sign that this time and the future is coming. Cash will further diminish its use. Because with a credit card or digital currency you'll get easier in shopping and sending money. So that's why the bitcoin is in the form of cash
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
June 25, 2017, 12:23:02 PM
Besides, Bitcoin is an invisible gold and do not be restricted by the customs.

As I am very new here can someone explain to me in laans term what bitcoin is and how it works? How is it an invisible gold? And how does it have a value in monetary terms when it is not seen or held?

Bitcoin is a decentralized peer-to-peer internet money that is run by cryptographical algorithms in order to be obtained or minted. The reason why it's invisible gold because you aren't referring to something that can be held; basically bitcoin is just another byte in your computer however due to its limited supply, people have "agreed" that bitcoin has a certaim value in which it can be traded to goods or other currency, similar to what your paper money does. Bitcoin however doesn't act more of a currency but rather an investment. It can be used to pay things, yes, however its best edge over other currency is its potential to gain massive value over time, just like gold.
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
June 25, 2017, 11:48:39 AM
Besides, Bitcoin is an invisible gold and do not be restricted by the customs.

As I am very new here can someone explain to me in laans term what bitcoin is and how it works? How is it an invisible gold? And how does it have a value in monetary terms when it is not seen or held?
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
June 25, 2017, 11:33:31 AM
Bitcoins have a wider opportunity of being inflated more as the users are getting added daily in thousands in numbers and there doesn't seem any chance for Bitcoins to doom because everyone is now adapting this great concept which had been trying hard to get the attention it always needed to have, and is now getting.

I don't think you understand the concept of inflation. Even when one day a million users are suddenly using bitcoins, bitcoin will not inflate. To inflate is to have tons of supply. Bitcoin has a deflating nature. People lose bitcoins, bitcoins don't get that much supply. And the supply goes directly to the miners that would probably hold the coins for a while. Inflation happens on fiat. The government is printing fiat nonstop so they so much supply of fiat that their currency becomes worth lesser and lesser.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
June 25, 2017, 11:05:46 AM
Because cash valu will not increase in future. But Bitcoin value is increasing day by day. If you have Bitcoin you can invest it on many platform and you can make a good profit.
I strongly agree with you, the price of bitcoin is the advantage in the market compare to the fiat that are stable based on the amount written in paper. I also agree with you that bitcoin can used in investing to secure our future with a profit. Additionally, bitcoin have many uses like trading, online gambling, mining and etc. this is a great idea because using bitcoin in gambling can't easily detect the police who is the user.

Bitcoin can earn around the world unlike fiat can used in own country.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
June 25, 2017, 09:51:35 AM
Because cash valu will not increase in future. But Bitcoin value is increasing day by day. If you have Bitcoin you can invest it on many platform and you can make a good profit.
Short answer is yes, you can earn Bitcoin through price appreciation over time. But it is easier said than done, many people have lost their money because of investing and trading all together from Bitcoin to Stocks because of not preparing physically and emotionally. Investing and Trading is profitable alright but in order to profit from it you need to study every aspect involve to it, from its fundamentals to its technical analysis you must able to determine if its a good trade or not.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
June 25, 2017, 09:47:15 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 25, 2017, 08:26:11 AM
Because I think in the online world and bitcoin investment is more useful and more secure than money
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
June 25, 2017, 08:11:50 AM
Bitcoins have a wider opportunity of being inflated more as the users are getting added daily in thousands in numbers and there doesn't seem any chance for Bitcoins to doom because everyone is now adapting this great concept which had been trying hard to get the attention it always needed to have, and is now getting.
I completely agree with that. Bitcoin is just starting to be used publicly and I don't also see any reason why could it fall down. I see bitcoin as our future currency yet I don't think that fiat/cash would be replaced since it don't need to be replaced.
You can call it as a future currency but not as powerful as cash because cash is more popular which is very obvious due to its number of users compared to the users of bitcoin. Cash is created by the government while bitcoin is a new technology, therefore everyone has their own choice whether to use bitcoin or not but with cash you have no option but to use it.
Activity: 314
Merit: 105
June 25, 2017, 08:09:47 AM
I completely agree with that. Bitcoin is just starting to be used publicly and I don't also see any reason why could it fall down. I see bitcoin as our future currency yet I don't think that fiat/cash would be replaced since it don't need to be replaced.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
June 25, 2017, 08:02:22 AM
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
June 25, 2017, 07:50:24 AM
cash is dam not available for kids but with bitcoin there is no age limitation . anyone can earn it no matter what and no one will tell me that i am so small to earn money. bitcoin offers a great new possibility for everyone to understand the monetary system better so that even kids can understand how money works inside a economy of any country. people learns new stuffs because of greed of making bitcoins and it spread like a wild fire through the world.
Why would kids need cash or Bitcoins? They should be playing video games or chilling with friends rather than talking about the price of Bitcoin at 7 years old or so. It just seems weird to see a 7 year old talk about segwit and the price of Bitcoin when they have other things that they should educate themselves on.

That sounds "weird" to the society yet kids talking about sex are totally fine. I think that there are no such thing as "weird" to kids that knows better things than other kids. If my kid talked about bitcoin out of nowhere, I would literally jump off happiness. Your kid knows things that aren't irrelevant like Spongebob and other dumb cartoon characters. Your kid is developing a smart environment for himself. You should be proud.

Btw, what are the other things that kids should "educate themselves on"? Most things that you'd learn from school would mean nothing. It doesn't matter if your kid didn't get the right chemical substance on Science in third grade. Ultimately, what matters is knowing the economy and finding the passion that's right for you. Bitcoin helps your kid know things about the economy.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
June 24, 2017, 08:38:46 AM
My parents don't even use cash any more, everything is payed with credit cards nowadays. I don't see a problem in me using btc when I am their age.
Man that is weird because last time I checked you need cash in order to pay your credit cards bills which means your parents still use cash. Fiat currency is the most basic and most common medium in exchange in which businesses are still looking for. Now in your case if you get older It is possible because Bitcoin has monetary value the only problem is will their be a business who will accept your Bitcoin as a mode of payment?
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
June 24, 2017, 08:32:27 AM
Bitcoin, unlike cash, helps me to get a lump-sum income on a rapid price increase and make purchases on the Internet.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Linux Geek
June 24, 2017, 08:27:41 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 23, 2017, 08:52:06 PM
cash is dam not available for kids but with bitcoin there is no age limitation . anyone can earn it no matter what and no one will tell me that i am so small to earn money. bitcoin offers a great new possibility for everyone to understand the monetary system better so that even kids can understand how money works inside a economy of any country. people learns new stuffs because of greed of making bitcoins and it spread like a wild fire through the world.
Why would kids need cash or Bitcoins? They should be playing video games or chilling with friends rather than talking about the price of Bitcoin at 7 years old or so. It just seems weird to see a 7 year old talk about segwit and the price of Bitcoin when they have other things that they should educate themselves on.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
June 23, 2017, 07:48:24 PM
What's stopping people from using both Bitcoin and cash depending on the circumstances? I for one would like to use whichever is the most optimal for the task at hand. Say you need to travel abroad and decide not to bring cash with you and there people on Localbitcoins will try to rip you off by offering crazy rates for your coins, couldn't it be better to use cash instead? Or you need to send money abroad but don't want to pay more fees via a bank transfer then you will send Bitcoins.
It's just on a special cases but for our daily lives we cannot just choose bitcoin because majority of the people are still into cash.
Personally I have cash for my daily expenses or spending while I have bitcoin as a tool for my trading activity, and I feel both are very useful to me.

I think life will be better if we can use both by finding a way to blend the two and maximize their advantages to our benefit because Bitcoin can be used effectively for online transfers and doing international businesses whereas Cash could be used for petty procurements and purchases in our daily lives.
I think bitcoin is better than cash to have because most countries are now legally using it trades and you can send money to everywhere in the world in a big amount with a little transaction fee with your own fingers and you can easily change it in fiat when you need and you can earn money by saving it that’s why I think so.
yeah we can easily secure our bitcoin in online wallet or desktop wallet and we do not need to worry about thief because we can save our bitcoin in trusted and secure wallet and sometime i feel a lot of problem with cash there is a high fees of bank and government tax.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
June 23, 2017, 07:33:41 PM
What's stopping people from using both Bitcoin and cash depending on the circumstances? I for one would like to use whichever is the most optimal for the task at hand. Say you need to travel abroad and decide not to bring cash with you and there people on Localbitcoins will try to rip you off by offering crazy rates for your coins, couldn't it be better to use cash instead? Or you need to send money abroad but don't want to pay more fees via a bank transfer then you will send Bitcoins.
It's just on a special cases but for our daily lives we cannot just choose bitcoin because majority of the people are still into cash.
Personally I have cash for my daily expenses or spending while I have bitcoin as a tool for my trading activity, and I feel both are very useful to me.

I think life will be better if we can use both by finding a way to blend the two and maximize their advantages to our benefit because Bitcoin can be used effectively for online transfers and doing international businesses whereas Cash could be used for petty procurements and purchases in our daily lives.
I think bitcoin is better than cash to have because most countries are now legally using it trades and you can send money to everywhere in the world in a big amount with a little transaction fee with your own fingers and you can easily change it in fiat when you need and you can earn money by saving it that’s why I think so.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
June 23, 2017, 03:35:01 AM
In terms of securit yeah i will bet more on real cash on my hands or vaults instead of bitcoins but in terms of having cash or bitcoins to improve my living i go with bitcoins.But still bitcoin will develop more further so we will see more developments
Why are you doubting about the security of bitcoin? because i believe that it is not based on the things that you will be using if you are a good keeper of your money. Even though you have all your money in bitcoin but you don't know how to secure it then you will probably gonna lose it but if you are a good keeper then you will be more interested in holding bitcoins rather than cash in your hand.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 22, 2017, 11:09:06 PM
In terms of securit yeah i will bet more on real cash on my hands or vaults instead of bitcoins but in terms of having cash or bitcoins to improve my living i go with bitcoins.But still bitcoin will develop more further so we will see more developments
Pages:
Jump to: