Pages:
Author

Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018 - page 17. (Read 3957 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 50
OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS
December 18, 2017, 07:43:04 AM
There will be a lot of countries regulating ICOs in 2018, which will slow them down significantly. One way they will certainly work is via www.Neufund.org, it is a legal and technical platform for Equity Token offerings.

In that case, people would prefer accredited and certified ICOs in order to invest a good Cryptocurrency with no effort of research. Choosing good ICOs today is the pain in the ass so people would've instead check the ICO they want to invest in the certified ICO list.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
December 18, 2017, 07:41:50 AM
ICOs are in a bubble like how the internet was before. It has become overvalued and in return, investors hope that as one of the early adopters of that tech, they would benefit from it on the long run--which is sometimes not the case. After that, they would probably lose trust in ICOs and that would be the end of it.
Activity: 177
Merit: 11
December 18, 2017, 07:41:34 AM
they doesnt look promising , bad presentation of whitepaper and roadmap and most of all incompetitive team or inexperienced developer.
December 18, 2017, 07:40:42 AM
I don't wand ICO's to fail . There are so amazing upcoming ICO's. For sure there gonna be some ICO's that are gonna fail but not all of them . Stop spreading negativity please.

There's a resolution for ICOs being regulated in 2018 but that doesn't mean they are failing. ICOs that cannot pass the regulation requirements should be stopped and banned because they're only misleading the investors and the image of Cryptocurrency into a bad state. People want a good fortune and high profit through Cryptocurrency investment so ICOs should be regulated in order to fulfill future earnings.
December 18, 2017, 07:37:13 AM
Generally speaking, ICOs isn't a failure but only when lack of management and development will. That's why ICOs will be soon regulated because ICOs should not offer investment to their Cryptocurrency when there's no Dedicated management and skilled developers to support the future issues. That's the most important.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
December 18, 2017, 07:21:02 AM
Sadly I agree with the article.

It is not only a good concept and a strong team that you need now, but also a great marketing and PR because there are so many ICO's around. It is a shame because some projects that get invested in have just thrown a lot of money at marketing and don't have the great idea / team.
Activity: 171
Crypto will save my kids!
December 18, 2017, 07:32:18 AM
I don't wand ICO's to fail . There are so amazing upcoming ICO's. For sure there gonna be some ICO's that are gonna fail but not all of them . Stop spreading negativity please.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
December 18, 2017, 07:30:10 AM
There will be a lot of countries regulating ICOs in 2018, which will slow them down significantly. One way they will certainly work is via www.Neufund.org, it is a legal and technical platform for Equity Token offerings.
Activity: 94
December 18, 2017, 06:57:08 AM
I think it will not fail, ICO there is no failure, it will only be more standardized. You can see that ICOs like bankex and GTO are getting more and more standardized and even passed the U.S. censorship.
Activity: 42
December 18, 2017, 06:36:30 AM
their is alot of shit ico, any idiot with 5 minute of time is allready starting the ico. And more and more scams are apering. And the most sad thing is that they are getting the money, because people who are new to crypto wordl throw them the money beauce thes think they will x10 their money in a week.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
I'm just a Nobody.
December 18, 2017, 06:27:30 AM
I disagree, maybe later than 2018-2020. If a good project will show up with excellent road map and concept they can't stop it or lose the chance to participate. An investor itself know what is risky or not. ICO's will survive until crypto-currency will be more popular in the world.
Activity: 235
ENTRY cryptocurrency
December 18, 2017, 06:24:50 AM
People is getting wiser,they can now see what is scam or not,most of the ICOs will fail in 2018.
Activity: 42
December 18, 2017, 06:14:32 AM
I'm not sure I understand why so many believe ICOs will be less popular in 2018. Yes, 2017 saw a lot of ICOs, but many have been successful and many have failed - that is the nature of start-ups (which is essentially what ICOs are). I think what people here are forgetting is that ICOs are still businesses - they have founders, employees, a product or service (either real or conceptual), income, expenses etc. The only difference between an ICO-funded start-up and a venture capital-backed startup is the source of the funding. There are blockchain-based startups that are not funded through ICOs but rather through angel investors and the sort.

The only way for ICOs to die - besides a regulatory crackdown - would be for investors to stop buying into them. And given the potential returns of investing in these ICOs, I think it is very unlikely all investors will cease participating.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 18, 2017, 05:42:35 AM
I'll take a contrarian view, I believe ICOs will be successful even better than 2017 and then we will peak out.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
December 08, 2017, 04:53:03 PM
ICOs may not fail, but the investors will probably become more demanding. Just a white paper won't be enough anymore. And it won't be just the investors, the regulators will also require ICOs to be compliant to the securities laws.
Activity: 140
December 08, 2017, 04:09:40 PM
look at the classic start-up, there are successful projects but there are also failures. 100% you need to look carefully at an interesting project
Activity: 168
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 08, 2017, 04:01:06 PM
I'm expecting this, most of ICOs will fail in the future. But a serious team can always avoid fail reasons and turn it to good project.
Maybe it's harder now to find an idea for a good and unique project.
Activity: 112
December 08, 2017, 04:00:09 PM
the author of that article just need some attentions from ico  developers, Naturally not all project must survice and that is applicable to icos strong teams and prosfessional in their various expert will surey attain thier vision.
Activity: 294
December 08, 2017, 03:50:30 PM
ICO is not just about PR company. There will always be companies with considered product.
Activity: 350
December 08, 2017, 03:47:41 PM
Maybe because every project wants to collect 200 million dollars on the presale, and when they do not get - it starts to postpone, extend and postpone ISO. But at all for 200 million is not enough ...
Pages:
Jump to: