Pages:
Author

Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018 - page 16. (Read 3957 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102
December 20, 2017, 06:28:02 AM
We need more exclusive and useful products. This is the only condition which will allow ICOs not to fail.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN
December 20, 2017, 06:20:03 AM
I think ICOs will continue to grow because it's the easiest way to make money on all of the new people coming into btc. Once btc his over $22,000 the world around started to really pay attention and that's why people that don't know much about altcoins want to be apart of the next big jump. Most people want to buy bitcoin but not at $18k a coin. People want to start in at pennies and be millionaires or maybe just retire from the daily grind after selling their coin. That's why ICOs will be around for awhile but once too many grandmas and grandpas loose their retirement funds the governments will collectively step in.

Just these past few weeks I looked at a few ICOs and they will not allow people from the U.S. or even China to participate. Why well if they're a scam which is highly likely they are the U.S. will step in and they'll be in prison.
http://fortune.com/2017/12/04/cryptocurrency-bitcoin-sec-ico-scam/

Just to take a snippet from the article :

"A new division of the Securities and Exchange Commission dedicated to so-called “initial coin offerings” (ICOs) filed its first charges on Friday, targeting a scam that reportedly raised $15 million from thousands of investors by promising a 13-fold profit in less than a month."

"In a criminal complaint filed in Brooklyn federal court, the new SEC division, known as the Cyber Unit, describes how Dominic Lacroix sold digital tokens known as “PlexCoins” as part of a purported plan “to increase access to cryptocurrency services” across the world."

"The token sale was a blatant rip-off, according to the SEC, which says Lacroix, who resides in Canada, has repeatedly broken securities laws in the past."

“This first Cyber Unit case hits all of the characteristics of a full-fledged cyber scam and is exactly the kind of misconduct the unit will be pursuing,” said Robert Cohen, Chief of the Cyber Unit, in a press statement. “We acted quickly to protect retail investors from this initial coin offering’s false promises.”

Activity: 254
Merit: 110
December 20, 2017, 06:05:34 AM
Lol, this article is not about how all of ICO to fail in 2018 but how to maintain your start up using ICO to keep surviving.
I only believe in one things, idea and creativity will not die.
as long as the idea exist and the ICO still have the value to make the better world, then it will survive under any circumstances.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
December 20, 2017, 05:59:35 AM
I don't think ico will fall next year. There are so many promising ICO that have potential to grow in the future. And no one can predict what will happen in the future.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"
December 20, 2017, 05:52:44 AM
I would say that December is a definitely a month of successful ICOs. Look at the last statistics. More and more ICO raise their hardcap and get x2-x3 price when they hit exchanges, so I think it nothing but a FUD. ICOs are still one of the most profitable and safest ways to invest.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
December 20, 2017, 05:42:01 AM
I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?
I don't think the ICO will end, although ICO now has a lot of problems, but ICO is a new technology, and ICO has its value, so it won't go away.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
simply getting the job done
December 20, 2017, 05:33:29 AM
i think really everything begins just now, but sure there is a big problem, so many icos were fake, they just robbed people thats why its hard to believe one today, if an ico can solve this by a good project and get money to finish that project, who can say it wont work, also there is an advantage too, people got experiences from shits.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
December 20, 2017, 05:31:37 AM
I do not guarantee ICO would be better. Hardfork will turn it off next year.
unless there are other ways to make them believe that ICO will be a safe way to invest.
Activity: 256
December 20, 2017, 05:23:52 AM

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

Agree with the presented reasons of the writer but it does not mean we can accept it and be with him in his conclusion. Because most probably many ICO out there already knew those things and they are now prepared. So I'd rather watch the outcome for this 2018 than  accept with this little piece of information.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
December 20, 2017, 05:12:08 AM
Now there are too many useless ICO and many just stop paying attention to them. I think if we do not start the settlement of ICO, then next year they will fail because investors will not support them.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 07:34:50 AM
Sadly I think this is becoming the situation. It is more about how much marketing they do rather than the concept.

It's not the best ICO, but the one that has been seen by the most people.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001
December 19, 2017, 07:32:39 AM
People get rid of different ICO projects which don't bring money due to scam and so on. So many investors try to invest in already existed projects due to lower risks. So only very good projects will be succeed in 2018.
Activity: 109
December 19, 2017, 07:26:16 AM
If the high price of bitcoin will continue then the people will just think twice before putting their coins into ICO and they will just think about holding it for long term rather than selling or using it as an investment. As the prices of the coins moves up then it gives hint to the current holders to just hold their coin and not spend or use it.
Trends in crypto change very fast. Few weeks of flat prices and people will start moving back to ICOs. Right now big guys are diversifying into altcoins, then ICOs will gain favor again. But only some projects, larger percentage will fail to raise even the minimum cap.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
December 18, 2017, 10:44:03 AM
If the high price of bitcoin will continue then the people will just think twice before putting their coins into ICO and they will just think about holding it for long term rather than selling or using it as an investment. As the prices of the coins moves up then it gives hint to the current holders to just hold their coin and not spend or use it.
Activity: 201
December 18, 2017, 10:32:17 AM

Thoughts?
Recently read this article on whether ICOs are dead, on Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2017/12/12/russian-hedge-fund-manager-icos-are-dead/#4d479c35e185. Check it out for another portion of explanations from experts that might be helpful.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
December 18, 2017, 10:21:50 AM

Thoughts?
because their are so many scammers and unprofessional peoples make ICO and that why no one want to invest money like this projrcts.
Activity: 980
Merit: 509
December 18, 2017, 10:15:54 AM
I don't think ICOs will fail in 2018, because ICOs is will need everyone. Because ICOs can do investment, transactions.
I sure ICOs will still grow in 2018, some people still need learn what is ICOs and how it's work. If they get that information I sure ICOs will grow fast.
Activity: 196
Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure
December 18, 2017, 07:50:40 AM
I think ICO will not will fail in 2018, but there will be a less number of success ICO , investors will check all project more attentively. But hype project will still raise hard cap.
Activity: 196
Merit: 50
OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS
December 18, 2017, 07:48:37 AM
they doesnt look promising , bad presentation of whitepaper and roadmap and most of all incompetitive team or inexperienced developer.

There's a lot of over confident groups of people today that they're gonna make blockchain system straight out of the Bitcoin source or Ethereum's geth system and name it whatever they like and launch it as if it is an interesting and promising ICO. But the real deal was they're not capable on running an entire system and couldn't even support the overall blockchain issues so that will set them as scammers. They try to trick investors so that they could earn money as many as they can before authorities start to hunt them.
That's the worst thing if you're invested a joke ICO like some of them were vanished and died unexpectedly.
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
December 18, 2017, 07:43:34 AM
Because hold tokens is already more profitable than investing it in ICO, and in 2018 there will be an even greater growth of capitalization.
Pages:
Jump to: