Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I'm selling all my alt coins and putting everything into Golos - page 3. (Read 18404 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
This thread was started in May of this year. About 5 months ago now. I'm not sure if the op is still watching this thread but if he/she is I would like to ask do you regret your decision? I like the way of thinking but the coin itself hasn't grown that much and the market volume is still a couple thousand bitcoin. So still fairly limited.

I'm still very much watching this thread! Do I regret my decision? Golos has grown 200% since I invested. Its been as high as 425% but its dropped like most alt coins. I don't regret my decision, its been a profitable one.

That said I'm still 100% invested in Golos, I have sold anything. Fundamentally its still underpriced, and I believe the market will realize this soon enough.

I'm more concerned about a bitcoin/ethereum bear market than Golos. If bitcoin/ethereum enter a bear market I think most alt coins will be dragged down, Golos included. However I'm still pretty bullish on the crypto market has a whole.

I still think we could hit 400/500 billion within 1-2 years, and then a 80% correction. Historically thats what crypto markets have done.

Your right in that the volume of Golos is still disappointing, but remember its Russian. It flys under the radar of most investors due to the language issue.

Remember in the 1990's many foreigners made what many thought were risky investments in energy and manufacturing companies in Russia. These investments made the investors incredible rich. They got better prices as most people were too scared to invest in Russia. I'm doing the same thing, but with Golos in 2017/18. Just watch.....
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
You are making the worst investment decision, how can you be putting all your investment in one basket, there is a reason why people always hedge their investment because there is no certainty anywhere
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
Alea iacta est
This thread was started in May of this year. About 5 months ago now. I'm not sure if the op is still watching this thread but if he/she is I would like to ask do you regret your decision? I like the way of thinking but the coin itself hasn't grown that much and the market volume is still a couple thousand bitcoin. So still fairly limited.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
What's Quirky In Life?
Golden rule - Never put all your eggs in one basket. Try to remember this!

I agree to this that you should invest in multiple crypto and not showing all hand into one crypto; balance up at least 3-4; max 5-9 cryptos

Probably a redundant of similar protocol in 2 language
- - Steemit (English market) and Golos (Russian market) --

end
Activity: 153
Steemit has been getting a fair bit of coverage recently in sizeable media publications like Wired and the Observer in the UK https://steemit.com/steemit/@jrcornel/steemit-steem-and-smts-are-catching-some-major-press

I don't see much mainstream coverage for cryptos outside of BTC and ETH

It stands to reason that if this helps Steemit it will also help Golos grow
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Yes i agree this is an interesting coin. but i suggest you to not put all eggs in same basket.
Split the risk and be in safe. I will invest %5 of my budget in Golos. Nothing more Smiley
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Golden rule - Never put all your eggs in one basket. Try to remember this!
So when is Golos going to grow? You posted the OP nearly 4 months ago, there hasnt been much growth
I think that the price of Golos should stay within a range that will bring more people into their coin. The price should go up when there is more people holding coins.

I don't think Golos needs to stay within a buying range to bring people in, as many holders havent paid anything for their coins - they've earned them through publishing website content.

I think a lot of people sell their coins when they first earn them which is kept the Golos price down. REmember Golos was only launched in January. As it grows I believe people will realize they will make more more holding Golos than selling it, which will pump Golos
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
So when is Golos going to grow? You posted the OP nearly 4 months ago, there hasnt been much growth
I think that the price of Golos should stay within a range that will bring more people into their coin. The price should go up when there is more people holding coins.
Golden rule - Never put all your eggs in one basket

Nonesense. The people who put money decent into Bitcoin in 2010 and 2011 quickly ended up with 95% plus of all their assets in Bitcoin. And the smart ones havent sold anything
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Golden rule - Never put all your eggs in one basket
What is the future roadmap for Golos?
I remember hearing they want to have Golos based user issued assets (tokens) with the next hardfork?
Are there many other websites and dapps being created for Golos?

Yes thats what I've heard. They plan to incorporate user issued assets similar to Bitshares
Activity: 59
What is the future roadmap for Golos?
I remember hearing they want to have Golos based user issued assets (tokens) with the next hardfork?
Are there many other websites and dapps being created for Golos?
Growth of coin capitalisation requires much more than a fork of a successful project. It needs promotion at least. Golos seem to be missing something if it doesn't grow.

Golos is growing - in terms of users. I think the market will realize this soon enough and push up the price of Golos. Few other crypto's actually have users rather than just speculators. I'm hoddling Golos

Maybe he was just wrong

Never put all your eggs in the same basket

Golos is up about 225% since I made the OP.

Never put all your eggs in one basket?

What about the people that bought Bitcoin in 2011 and are still hodling? They've got all their eggs in the bitcoin basket, its working out pretty fine for them

Most coins have gone up by at least 1000% and some even 10000% since May. So 225% is relatively low and can considered among the laggards. For example NEO was worth $0.50 on May 18 when you posted this. It has fallen from its record high of $50 but still worth $30 today. So a gain of 6000%.

Why do people come on this thread and make up data?

You say ''Most coins have gone up by at least 1000% and some even 10000% since May. ''

The alt coin market cap has gone from around 35 to 75 billion since I made the OP in May. So how exactly is that an increase of 1000%?

And it doesnt take a genius investor to say ''oh you should have bought NEO'' in May. You're embarassing yourself making such comments. Thats like me telling people today that they should have bought Bitcoin in 2010. You don't say!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Maybe he was just wrong

What about the people that bought Bitcoin in 2011 and are still hodling? They've got all their eggs in the bitcoin basket, its working out pretty fine for them

Most coins have gone up by at least 1000% and some even 10000% since May. So 225% is relatively low and can considered among the laggards. For example NEO was worth $0.50 on May 18 when you posted this. It has fallen from its record high of $50 but still worth $30 today. So a gain of 6000%.
Activity: 139
Never put all your eggs in one basket, you may find later something wrong with Golos. Be safe than sorry my friend.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Crackdowns are coming eventually. China just the first salvo of what is coming from regulators in major nations.

Steem started dropping when the Poloniex wallet got disabled for "maintenance". That was 2 months ago, and I think when a lot of people realised they couldn't withdraw their Steem from Poloniex, they sold it for bitcoin, which they could withdraw. And the Steem price hasn't really recovered, because the wallet on Poloniex hasn't been re-opened.

It's a shame when exchanges mess with coins like that.

That’s an example of what is going to happen to all ICO issued tokens when the delistings come forth.

And STEEM is still trading on Blocktrades and Bittrex, so imagine the utter collapse towards 0 of the STEEM price if it had been delisted from every significant exchange.

Everybody going to get plenty of warnings but they will ignore the warnings of course.

China is an authoritarian communist state - they arrest people just for criticising the govt. Why on earth would foreign govts copy them? Most western govts are proud that they're not authoritarian, and in any case have legalised cryptocurrency.

Both Blocktrades and Bittrex are american and are not going to copy what some crazy communist exchanges are doing.
Activity: 50

Maybe he was just wrong

You may want to check the following article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
Activity: 938
Merit: 251

Maybe he was just wrong

If you compare the growth of golo to other coin that were in the market at the time you declare your intention for golo, you will realise that golo growth is nothing. If not for   bitcoin, the price of golo will still be the same or probably lower!

Pages:
Jump to: