Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I'm selling all my alt coins and putting everything into Golos - page 4. (Read 18437 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Golos is an unregistered security that was sold to some USA and EU investors illegally and it will eventually be delisted like all the other ICOs including Ethereum.

Investors are risking legal and criminal culpability for illegal selling on unregistered exchanges.

Study the facts.

Crackdowns are coming eventually. China just the first salvo of what is coming from regulators in major nations.

Steem started dropping when the Poloniex wallet got disabled for "maintenance". That was 2 months ago, and I think when a lot of people realised they couldn't withdraw their Steem from Poloniex, they sold it for bitcoin, which they could withdraw. And the Steem price hasn't really recovered, because the wallet on Poloniex hasn't been re-opened.

It's a shame when exchanges mess with coins like that.

That’s an example of what is going to happen to all ICO issued tokens when the delistings come forth.

And STEEM is still trading on Blocktrades and Bittrex, so imagine the utter collapse towards 0 of the STEEM price if it had been delisted from every significant exchange.

Everybody going to get plenty of warnings but they will ignore the warnings of course.

Lol, the SEC isn't going to make ETH illegal. Have you seen the ETH enterprise alliance? some of the biggest company's in the world are behind ethereum (microsoft, jp morgan just to name a few).

A bunch of decentralized exchange projects are coming out too, i think you underestimate the adaptability of this tech.

New ICO's will definitely be scrutinized, but only if they aren't done right. This whole china scare is a good thing. Gotta reign in some of the bullshit projects there are sooo many.

Activity: 98
Golos is an unregistered security that was sold to some USA and EU investors illegally and it will eventually be delisted like all the other ICOs including Ethereum.

Investors are risking legal and criminal culpability for illegal selling on unregistered exchanges.

Study the facts.

Crackdowns are coming eventually. China just the first salvo of what is coming from regulators in major nations.

Steem started dropping when the Poloniex wallet got disabled for "maintenance". That was 2 months ago, and I think when a lot of people realised they couldn't withdraw their Steem from Poloniex, they sold it for bitcoin, which they could withdraw. And the Steem price hasn't really recovered, because the wallet on Poloniex hasn't been re-opened.

That’s an example of what is going to happen to all ICO issued tokens when the delistings come forth.

And STEEM is still trading on Blocktrades and Bittrex, so imagine the utter collapse towards 0 of the STEEM price if it had been delisted from every significant exchange.

Everybody going to get plenty of warnings but they will ignore the warnings of course.
225 isn't bad, especially since it's been a bear market. Glad it's worked out for you Smiley

Steem in general is a slow economy.  I think it is expensive to run, or at least witnesses get paid a LOT.  It's code heavy, so things break and don't work, so a lot of resources go to keeping it working. I don't think Golos will be any different in the long run. Maybe it will really take off, but it's got an extra level of exit schemes for people who are just gaming the system.  That combined with developers not able to keep wallet's stable (wallets are offline regularly across exchanges).

I still hope steem (and golos) prove themselves, if not it will probably happen on EOS. I really hope that steem can port itself to EOS when it comes out. Being connected to a broader ecosystem will be so important to it.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
So when is Golos going to grow? You posted the OP nearly 4 months ago, there hasnt been much growth

Maybe he was just wrong

Never put all your eggs in the same basket

Golos is up about 225% since I made the OP.

Never put all your eggs in one basket?

What about the people that bought Bitcoin in 2011 and are still hodling? They've got all their eggs in the bitcoin basket, its working out pretty fine for them
Activity: 72
Growth of coin capitalisation requires much more than a fork of a successful project. It needs promotion at least. Golos seem to be missing something if it doesn't grow.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
So when is Golos going to grow? You posted the OP nearly 4 months ago, there hasnt been much growth

Maybe he was just wrong

Never put all your eggs in the same basket
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Actually this is an interesting coin I knew nothing about. It looks you made the right choice, it rose 5X from then.

Thanks, yes its gone up since I invested originally, but I haven't sold any. Golos is still way underpriced vs Steem

Steems dropped a fair bit recently though

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Given that Steem and Golos get crypto into the hands of normal people that aren't just speculators, I'm not surprised it's had that effect.

Its probably another reason why Golos is still so cheap
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Actually this is an interesting coin I knew nothing about. It looks you made the right choice, it rose 5X from then.

Thanks, yes its gone up since I invested originally, but I haven't sold any. Golos is still way underpriced vs Steem

Since the start of the 2017 crypto bull market in early March, Steem is up nearly 1,400%! How is that 'dropping a fair bit'?

Activity: 153

Activity: 298
Merit: 106
I would not say that the coin Golos has some serious perspective. Currently, its capitalization has reached about $ 20 million, and the rate is $ 0.15. There are no significant changes with this coin. Calculations about how many English-speaking and Russian-speaking population supports this coin, remained only calculations. I would not invest in this coin, especially all my money.

Your point about significant changes is totally irrelevant, and neither is it correct.

I invested everything into Golos because it actually has traction and is underpriced.

It doesnt need significant changes or any for that matter. It just needs more traction which Im confident it will get.

Its already got more traction than 95% plus of all other cryptos.
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
Yes, we had to pay for the license. We were the first and the last people to do so. As it does not exist anymore (the license).

Are you sure the licence system doesn't exist anymore?

Indeed I am
legendary
Yes, we had to pay for the license. We were the first and the last people to do so. As it does not exist anymore (the license).

Are you sure the licence system doesn't exist anymore?
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
legendary
When is someone going to make the Chinese steemit if it doesn't already exist.  I'll go all in on that. Grin

Golos had to pay a one-off licence fee to be able to use the Steemit code and set-up. You can contact Ned at Steemit and tell him you are interested in doing the same for a Chinese version if you want.

Where did you read golos paid for the steemit license?

Here you go:

https://steemit.com/steem/@hipster/cyber-fund-is-to-launch-a-russian-steem-based-social-media-platform-golos-under-license-from-steemit-inc

@hipster is the chap who founded Golos.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
I would not say that the coin Golos has some serious perspective. Currently, its capitalization has reached about $ 20 million, and the rate is $ 0.15. There are no significant changes with this coin. Calculations about how many English-speaking and Russian-speaking population supports this coin, remained only calculations. I would not invest in this coin, especially all my money.
When is someone going to make the Chinese steemit if it doesn't already exist.  I'll go all in on that. Grin

Golos had to pay a one-off licence fee to be able to use the Steemit code and set-up. You can contact Ned at Steemit and tell him you are interested in doing the same for a Chinese version if you want.

Where did you read golos paid for the steemit license?

I'm curious about this as well... do you know where you can look at the licensing restrictions? I'm really curious how much they paid for it.
Pages:
Jump to: