Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I'm selling all my alt coins and putting everything into Golos - page 6. (Read 18404 times)

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
It seems as most are missing out the point that golos is actually already not just a fork of steem. It is a unique mixture of steem, bitshares and its own
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Regarding EOS - I don't see how this affects them. EOS is more competing with Ethereum. If you want to make that point about EOS, then you could apply it to many many other blockchains. Its all ifs and maybes

Fair enough. Just saying that once an ecosystem starts growing on a blockchain like EOS, then steem will start to feel very limited. Because steem could be entirely integrated into EOS, and but be directly connected to other apps like bitshares, or cloud storage, or all sorts of services that have started building their own blockchains.
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Thank you for the info. Anyway, it was useful  Wink
15% yearly inflation, dropping each year
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Do you have any info on the inflation rate on golos? That was a big issue on steem in the beginning. The problem with investing in GOLOS is that it is hard for a non russian speaker to understand the mechanics of the ecosystem, which is liquid and changed by the witnesses.  I don't think it's a bad move, I think steem is a very promising system, which will naturally fix itself. I don't really know what the advatage of creating a new blockchain rather than just creating a russian site using the already established steem database.

The only other bit of caution i would add though is that EOS is around the corner. both steem and golos could run on EOS, and at that point there will be no reason for it to have it's own blockchain or rather, plugging into a larger ecosystem will prove to be very beneficial for a system like GOLOS or STEEM.

But yeah, the main thing i'd look out for is the inflation rate. Because of the nature of Steem and Golos, its a system that naturally loses some money through payouts, and counts on speculators and investors looking for influence in the system to prop it up.  This is why steem underperformed other crypto, there is a constant amount of negative pressure on the system.

Some fair points - thanks for your input. I don't have any additional info on the inflation rate.  I've said myself before - the Golos and Steem systems are not perfect. But that doesnt mean I don't think Golos is underpriced - hence why I went all in on it. Long term I'd be surprised for Golos and Steem last. But thats the same I'd say 95% + of all current blockchains. Better projects will replace what we have today. But short term/medium term I think the market is going to realize how underpriced Golos is.

Regarding EOS - I don't see how this affects them. EOS is more competing with Ethereum. If you want to make that point about EOS, then you could apply it to many many other blockchains. Its all ifs and maybes
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Do you have any info on the inflation rate on golos? That was a big issue on steem in the beginning. The problem with investing in GOLOS is that it is hard for a non russian speaker to understand the mechanics of the ecosystem, which is liquid and changed by the witnesses.  I don't think it's a bad move, I think steem is a very promising system, which will naturally fix itself. I don't really know what the advatage of creating a new blockchain rather than just creating a russian site using the already established steem database.

The only other bit of caution i would add though is that EOS is around the corner. both steem and golos could run on EOS, and at that point there will be no reason for it to have it's own blockchain or rather, plugging into a larger ecosystem will prove to be very beneficial for a system like GOLOS or STEEM.

But yeah, the main thing i'd look out for is the inflation rate. Because of the nature of Steem and Golos, its a system that naturally loses some money through payouts, and counts on speculators and investors looking for influence in the system to prop it up.  This is why steem underperformed other crypto, there is a constant amount of negative pressure on the system.
Why you think that Russians not trading at Bittrex? We trade there where is better, no matter of language. We used Poloniex and Bittrex and others English speaking markets. And I think Golos is like 50 others coins, it has nothing special, and I don't know anyone, who can put even 30 % of it's deposite to one coin not from top10.

Golos is like one other coin - Steem. Except Golos is Russian.

So what are these 50 other coins that Golos is like?

Typical newbie account making factually incorrect comments

Activity: 126
I'd be very cautious following this advice. Steem is a very new platform in a very competitive market with huge players already controlling it (Facebook, LinkedIn are two for starters) and people haven't really been joining it because it's good, only because they think they can make a quick buck - and once they realize they can't, they'll drop it. I predict it won't be worth much in the future - neither Steem or Golos.

But to each his own! If you think it can work, go for it. Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 160
Why you think that Russians not trading at Bittrex? We trade there where is better, no matter of language. We used Poloniex and Bittrex and others English speaking markets. And I think Golos is like 50 others coins, it has nothing special, and I don't know anyone, who can put even 30 % of it's deposite to one coin not from top10.
Activity: 169
The upcoming hardfork will have golos as the first ever platform that allow to use user issued assets and smsrt coins without commisions

what fork?
I've come to the conclusion that Golos http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/golos/ is massively undervalued. For this reason I've decided to sell all my other alt coins and put everything into Golos. Here's why:

So in summary thats why I'm going to sell all my alt holdings and put them into Golos. I think its going to explode in value really soon.

Let me know you're thoughts. If you think I'm an idiot then please back up your viewpoint with data  Smiley

Basically you are trying to make a point that Golos is undervalued by:
- jotting down numbers on the quantity of Russian speakers vs English speakers
- comparing a dog like XRP with an uglier dog being Stellar

I sincerely hope that your investment will do you well but I much prefer a real POW coin like Mona Coin that is increasingly being adopted in the daily life of people in Japan

https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/07/23/japan-exchange-bitbank-goes-live-monacoin-trading/

https://news.bitcoin.com/japanese-stores-suspend-bitcoin-payments-august-1/

What you'll find I'm actually doing is putting my money into a coin that is

A) Undervalued
B) has real world TRACTION

Nothing like Mona Coin which is just another shitcoin bitcoin clone

It seems you misunderstand what undervaluation and real world traction are... take a look at how many ATM sell MONA and the number of merchants accepting it in Japan... Hope Golos reaches the same traction one day but I doubt it.

It seems you misunderstand what undervaluation and real world traction. Shitcoins like Mona are Bitcoin clones. Putting it in a few private atms isnt traction, If any Bitcoin clone is going to get traction its Litecoin
AFAIK Golos has one of the largest amount of tx per day, with close to 60 - 70k daily. if we are speaking about off line traction, than please wait for the 29th. There will be some interesting announcments on our conference in Moscow, regarding traction
Activity: 602
I've come to the conclusion that Golos http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/golos/ is massively undervalued. For this reason I've decided to sell all my other alt coins and put everything into Golos. Here's why:

So in summary thats why I'm going to sell all my alt holdings and put them into Golos. I think its going to explode in value really soon.

Let me know you're thoughts. If you think I'm an idiot then please back up your viewpoint with data  Smiley

I sincerely hope that your investment will do you well but I much prefer a real POW coin like Mona Coin that is increasingly being adopted in the daily life of people in Japan

https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/07/23/japan-exchange-bitbank-goes-live-monacoin-trading/

A) Undervalued

It seems you misunderstand what undervaluation and real world traction are... take a look at how many ATM sell MONA and the number of merchants accepting it in Japan... Hope Golos reaches the same traction one day but I doubt it.

A) Undervalued

Activity: 602

Will russians go on bittrex and invest in this? How will the price go up on Bittrex if no russians are going to bittrex?

Thats a fair point

I believe Golos will receive much more attention in Russian soon as the platform grows. Thats whats happened with Steem. When Steem launched it got lots of attention from speculators, but not enough people used the platform and the price dropped. But now Steem has lots more users vs last year, and the price is much higher.

Golos is doing the same thing. It launched January 2017 with few users and not much content. Now there are FAR more users. This will get more attention in the Russian media, but it hasnt happened yet. Hence why Golos is still so cheap.

Note though that Russians can buy via Bittrex. I agree that a Russian exchange would be better - this will happen in the future as Golos grows. However Russians with whale money are well educated and often speak sufficient English to buy via Bittrex.
Activity: 443
LOL, can you give me a clear reason make you do that? I don't know when trading you decisive putting all to an altcoin look like as shitcoin! If this is altcoin potential as Waves, Digibyte, Musicoin, ... I will not say that.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Will russians go on bittrex and invest in this? How will the price go up on Bittrex if no russians are going to bittrex?
Activity: 448
Putting everything in one is not for me especially for such a project, I hope you will not be disappointed.
Pages:
Jump to: