Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Bitcoin better that fiat? - page 3. (Read 7950 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
January 01, 2016, 11:39:17 PM
There are many reasons why Bitcoin is better than most things as I'm sure people will be able to tell. Bitcoin has revolutionized the way we think about money.

Bitcoin is truly revolutionary indeed!   It has changed the way many think about money.  It has the potential to change the world but is bitcoin better than fiat in its current state?  I would say not at this point.  It is up to the community to insure that this great exploratory experiment evolves to that state which maximizes its potential.  It's not there yet however.  Fiat still rules the world.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 01, 2016, 11:14:59 PM
There are many reasons why Bitcoin is better than most things as I'm sure people will be able to tell. Bitcoin has revolutionized the way we think about money.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 01, 2016, 11:04:59 PM
yes, of course bitcoin is better than fiat, cause of bitcoin has large comuninty, and big market. and low cost transaction
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
December 29, 2015, 10:54:37 PM
For me bitcoin is better because of the speed and the cost.
The anonymous part is handy, but not mandatory.

Having bitcoin makes life so much easier

But in day today life still we missing bitcoin part to rule globally. Until it sets against world fiats then bitcoin will grab the place against normal fiat. But ideologically bitcoin more times better than fiat money.
Activity: 631
December 29, 2015, 10:47:56 PM
Fiat is good for daily real life transaction.
When it comes to online payments, bitcoin is the answer & solution to all of our problems.
Fast, anonymous and cost-efficiënt.

Very well said mate, Fiat can is useful to take care of your basic needs and also depends on in which country you are living as many of them are not aware about the bitcoins so accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment in that country would be something out of the reach, and when it comes to online purchases or online transfers I believe that bitcoin is the best as compared to paypal or western union.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
December 29, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Because fiat is the shittiest currency of all times  Roll Eyes
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 29, 2015, 10:41:21 PM
It is better than anything only when it's utilized.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
December 29, 2015, 09:08:20 PM
"Why is Bitcoin better that fiat?"  This is a loaded question!  Why is communism better than capitalism?  Why is alcoholism better than sobriety?  The truth of the matter at the moment is that fiat is far superior to bitcoin in regards to purchasing power; it enjoys greater acceptability and has a more fluid distribution.  Now, that's not to say that bitcoin does not have the potential to be a greater currency.  And, one day bitcoin may be superior to fiat, but for the time being, fiat is king!
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 29, 2015, 07:02:06 PM
For me bitcoin is better because of the speed and the cost.
The anonymous part is handy, but not mandatory.

Having bitcoin makes life so much easier
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 29, 2015, 06:46:47 PM
Bitcoin is hot and happening.
No dirty bilss, no chance of fake 'bitcons'

All of those problems belong to the past now. Bitcoin is the future, plain and simple.
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
December 29, 2015, 06:30:19 PM
Fiat is good for daily real life transaction.
When it comes to online payments, bitcoin is the answer & solution to all of our problems.
Fast, anonymous and cost-efficiënt.
Activity: 1
December 29, 2015, 04:53:40 PM
The evolution of the bitcoin-currency is just amazing!
Activity: 938
December 29, 2015, 04:43:12 PM
bitcoin is better because it is globally accepted, eventhough for now some of stores still haven't implemented bitcoin system yet, but i am sure one day all of the stores will accept bitcoin as payment

if that case happen its mean the value of bitcoin will raise, its making bitcoin a good investment for future

the more stores that accept bitcoin, the higher the adoption will be. bitcoin is already a great investment, but it will get even better when institutional investors step in. that would be huge.

That is true but the best advantage of bitcoin is that you can carry as much bitcoins possible in your digital wallet and no one would be aware about it, and in fiat if you carry more you have fear of loosing or getting stolen and that is not the case with bitcoins even if you are travelling overseas fiat has limitations but bitcoins doesn't.
legendary
December 29, 2015, 07:52:46 AM
bitcoin is better because it is globally accepted, eventhough for now some of stores still haven't implemented bitcoin system yet, but i am sure one day all of the stores will accept bitcoin as payment

if that case happen its mean the value of bitcoin will raise, its making bitcoin a good investment for future

the more stores that accept bitcoin, the higher the adoption will be. bitcoin is already a great investment, but it will get even better when institutional investors step in. that would be huge.
Activity: 644
December 29, 2015, 07:35:22 AM
Today bitcoin needs fiat to even exist. As stated before people can only pay most of their bills with fiat or a bank account.

Honestly, I dont think this will change the coming years. So although bitcoin is better in many ways (speed, decentralization, anonimity), there is still a long way to go.

Just take 2000 years back money was not exist in the world. How its occupied its place as like that bitcoin also will occupy its own place. As you said bitcoin 10 times better than fiat currencies in transaction as well as in price.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
December 29, 2015, 07:08:41 AM
"Why is email better than physical mail?" that is how it is
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
December 29, 2015, 06:53:27 AM

Activity: 53
December 21, 2015, 02:42:09 PM
For some reasons listed below.
- Community: Did you ever see such a huge Community with forums for fiat? Not really.
- Low Fees: You don't have to pay a 3% fee on transactions
- Fast Transactions: Did you wait for 3 Days for a Wire transfer? With Bitcoin, yo don't have to worry about that.
- Decentralized: No one can ever froze your money.
- No Age Limit: No one can request you to verify your age.
- You can buy everything: From Games on Steam to Products on Amazon

I know these are things every experienced user knows about, just sharing with newbies!
If you have something to say something great about Bitcoin, post below.

It always comes back to whatever the use case is.

There are uses that we are aware of, and uses that we know that we aren't aware of. Then there are the uses that we aren't aware that we aren't aware of.

In some scenarios, cash may be a better option than Bitcoin... In other scenarios bitcoin may be better than cash

You also have to remember that bitcoin isn't just currency, it has dozens of other attributes, features and applications that will enable an entire world of possibilities that we aren't even currently able to conceptualize

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 21, 2015, 02:16:34 PM
Today bitcoin needs fiat to even exist. As stated before people can only pay most of their bills with fiat or a bank account.

Honestly, I dont think this will change the coming years. So although bitcoin is better in many ways (speed, decentralization, anonimity), there is still a long way to go.
Activity: 53
December 21, 2015, 01:54:43 PM
Users in the third world don't have any problem understanding bitcoin. In Kenya, they have been using mobile-phone based money transfer and microfinancing services (mpesa) long before anyone in the west knew what a bitcoin was.

For them, the concept of decentralized finance is much simpler to grasp and implement into their day-to-day economic activity... In the US, credit cards are still being swiped and signed for at the tills, whereas in europe and in most third world countries chip-and-pin (a more advanced technology) is the norm

It's easier for third world countries to adopt new technology

Just like how emerging and developing nations skipped landlines and moved straight to mobile technology, they will skip the convoluted 'innovations' offered by the traditional banking system and adopt decentralization
Pages:
Jump to: