Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Bitcoin better that fiat? - page 6. (Read 7950 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 20, 2015, 03:49:43 PM
You have more choices with bitcoin. You can be your own bank. You save bitcoin in your own pocket and send it as you wish.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
October 20, 2015, 12:54:15 PM
Because bitcoin means freedom.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
October 20, 2015, 11:41:45 AM
Even with many advantages, there are still many people who doubt bitcoin.
I just talked to an old people & told her bitcoin advantages, but she said few reason why bitcoin is bad, such as :
1. Government can't control it, it's very dangerous currency
2. Bitcoin will destroy current economic system & many people will suffer
3. Bitcoin can be used as money laundry
4. Criminal will use bitcoin because government cannot control or take over bitcoin
5. It's impossible to achieve decentralized economic system

I was surprised she said that & i tried to tell her that most of her reason was wrong, but she didn't listen to me
I think even bitcoin has many advantages, but if people still can't accept something new, different or looks risky without know it further, i think bitcoin adoptin will grow very slowly

Nice list on advantages of bitcoin in modern economical evolution. I wonder if bitcoin was not created what we would have been heading to. Bitcoin is the only opportunity to re-evaluate the world financial system to a next level.
October 20, 2015, 11:30:23 AM
IMO bitcoin is better because of the low transaction fess. (there are many more but i like this one best)

When the block size does not increase, we have to pay higher fees to get confirmation fast. So we need bigger block size.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
October 20, 2015, 07:29:46 AM
IMO bitcoin is better because of the low transaction fess. (there are many more but i like this one best)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1261
October 20, 2015, 05:44:04 AM
With bitcoin we - the users - control the money and not a small group of people using artificial barriers (licenses) to prevent others from joining the club.
October 20, 2015, 04:30:23 AM
With bitcoin, when you transfer money, you do not have to use bank. You are your own bank. It is faster and more secure.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 20, 2015, 03:55:06 AM
bitcoin is faster, bitcoin is "free money"
you can produce bitcoin.

the real difference is that you can produce a fixed amount, not indefinitely, and devaluing your money

maybe in the future there will be no printing anymore? if they see that bitcoin will emerge greatly, they will try something new

bitcoin will force in some way the government to stay competitive, and maybe adopting a new way for their fiat, a better fiat...
Activity: 30
October 20, 2015, 03:35:31 AM
bitcoin is faster, bitcoin is "free money"
you can produce bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
October 20, 2015, 02:53:23 AM
Your money is in your wallet, just like cash in your wallet (and not in your bank account).

But some of the bad things are unreliable price (as of this moment). One day you can afford something, 10 minutes later you might not. This could MAYBE get fixed by putting a stattic price for 1 Bitcoin, but i do not see this being possible.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
October 20, 2015, 02:39:30 AM
I will repeat for sure, but my major reasons are:

1. Fast transaction around the globe.
2. Low fee.
3. Transparency
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 20, 2015, 02:37:28 AM
Why is Bitcoin better that fiat?
My top 3 reasons:
  • Very low fees.
  • Very fast transactions.
  • Government cannot take it from you.

Smiley

agree with you, i like the point 3 Goverment cannot take it from you, also No Tax transaction
if you use cash you must pay Tax and legal bussiness
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
October 20, 2015, 02:26:16 AM
I think BTC is better than fiat, because you can send money instantly to anywhere in the world.
Activity: 553
October 20, 2015, 01:31:30 AM
Bitcoin would be the future regardless of what ever happen in economical trends in coming years. Only better thing can survive regardless of how long which has been used. So, in the race of fiat and bitcoin, bitcoin would be the winner for use's most  affordable and ease of usage wise.
what is this ? just a speculation from bitcoin interested guy ..?

this can greatly protect their trade secrets.
protect from whom ? from competing businesses ...YES
but you can never hide it from the governments and banks , i mean the system is not anonymous by its nature.

Nothing is more powerful than invisible
which is not achievable....? fantacy.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
October 20, 2015, 01:21:48 AM
Why is Bitcoin better that fiat?
My top 3 reasons:
  • Very low fees.
  • Very fast transactions.
  • Government cannot take it from you.

Smiley

Yes valid points. For an internet user, bitcoin only can help whereas fiat in form of plastic may do the same work but with higher fees.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
October 20, 2015, 12:16:13 AM
Another very practical benefit for enterprises: If they use bitcoin, the capital flow will not go through banks, this can greatly protect their trade secrets. Nothing is more powerful than invisible
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
October 19, 2015, 02:08:34 AM
bitcoins this, bitcoins that. blah blah blah!!! You all keep dreaming, not in our lifetime. The only ones that find it useful are scammers and a few exchangers who might scam anytime they like. I cant even buy cofee with it! the technology and idea behind it is cool and novel, but it will never become mainstream .

This makes as optimistic and we hope for the best to happen in the near future.
If you hear bitcoin here bitcoin there then you should know that you are in a bitcoin forum.
Where we mostly talk about bitcoin Smiley The new technology trend can change bitcoin value and popularity.

Bitcoin would be the future regardless of what ever happen in economical trends in coming years. Only better thing can survive regardless of how long which has been used. So, in the race of fiat and bitcoin, bitcoin would be the winner for use's most  affordable and ease of usage wise.
Activity: 532
October 18, 2015, 01:18:27 PM
bitcoins this, bitcoins that. blah blah blah!!! You all keep dreaming, not in our lifetime. The only ones that find it useful are scammers and a few exchangers who might scam anytime they like. I cant even buy cofee with it! the technology and idea behind it is cool and novel, but it will never become mainstream .

This makes as optimistic and we hope for the best to happen in the near future.
If you hear bitcoin here bitcoin there then you should know that you are in a bitcoin forum.
Where we mostly talk about bitcoin Smiley The new technology trend can change bitcoin value and popularity.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 18, 2015, 10:26:07 AM

because they still see it as a quick buck to have more fiat, when the opposite will happen, when they will see fiat as a quick buck to dump and have bitcoin, the uptrend will emerge

it's all about the mentality, too many are accustomed to the old system yet...

In your dreams buddy, have you been to a third world country? Try explaining bitcoins to them. They are still  having problems integrating mobile money. Ask yourself what percentage of the world owns computers or smartphones? Do some proper research, less than 20% own these devices, So how in God's name are the rest of the masses going to change their mentality when they cannot afford the basic tools??? I have not factored in electricity and internet connections. Its just too expensive and impractical. maybe in the distant future, just not in your lifetime. In the meantime, the scammmers are the benefeciaries.

you're wrong, i've already done my research and it is 3.5B people surfing on the web, so i must assume that they have a device

consider that the other 3.5B people are made of children kid and only a small % of people that cannot actually use internet...

You are wrong buddy. I can see you have a comprehension problem or you are too much in a hurry to fufill your signature campaign quota.

Since when does internet usage data equate to owning a computer or smart phone? Millions of people have used the internet at least once and still dont own a SMART PHONE or a COMPUTER. So how is this going to work? I need to buy bread or fish, do I rush off to the internet cafe to send payment before or after purchase? Or on my way back home from the farm, I need to stop by the local bar to get drunk. You do realise that some communities in asia, africa and southamerica have only 1 or 2 computers serving their entire population? And whenever goverments decide to adopt crypto currencies, what makes you so sure that bitcoins would be the crypto of choice?

well you should at least backup your data, like i've tried to do, because without source i'm not buying this whole crap "the majority have no proper device"

and it's even more unlikely that those individuals don't own a mere smarthphone nowadays, which is very cheap, you cna buy one used for like 20 or something

and even though all this could be partially true(i don't believe it...) we don't really care about people that choose to remain backward with technology, like those indigenous tribes

and bitcoin is not aiming for everyone, reaching 1B people would already be seen as a world adoption, there will be always those who would be left behind, it was always like that in every scenario, nothing new here
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
October 18, 2015, 10:04:21 AM
Users in the third world don't have any problem understanding bitcoin. In Kenya, they have been using mobile-phone based money transfer and microfinancing services (mpesa) long before anyone in the west knew what a bitcoin was.

For them, the concept of decentralized finance is much simpler to grasp and implement into their day-to-day economic activity... In the US, credit cards are still being swiped and signed for at the tills, whereas in europe and in most third world countries chip-and-pin (a more advanced technology) is the norm

It's easier for third world countries to adopt new technology

Just like how emerging and developing nations skipped landlines and moved straight to mobile technology, they will skip the convoluted 'innovations' offered by the traditional banking system and adopt decentralization

Mpesa is fiat or? It is centralized and is run between the local banks and the mobile phone operators. And is regulated by the kenyan goverment.

bitcoins is decentralized, the moment goverments get involved. It would no longer be so. And would become just another fiat currency

Pages:
Jump to: