Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Bitcoin still a slave of Fiat? - page 8. (Read 13933 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
June 04, 2018, 07:05:45 PM
Fiat money is the most easiest way to spend something on it, step outside and go to the malls, do you see any stores that accept bitcoin? No right? though there are some stores that do accept bitcoin but it is very rare to see one, and fiat is most likely the normal way people earn through their jobs, and that is why bitcoin may be not fully utilised through this day.
Adoption is an issue we all know that, the real question is if bitcoin it is ever going to be adopted in a big number of stores and businesses around the world or if that is never going to happen, to me answer is very obvious bitcoin will be accepted eventually all over the world but it is not going to happen fast, I predict that this is a process that is going to take at least 2 or 3 decades, this can change depending on the state of the economy and some other factors.
Bitcoin is the of most popular coin in a crypto world but not all people from every corner of the world knows about it, but due to our technological advancement its not far that in the near future bitcoin will lead the way in monetary system. As of now bitcoin still like a slave of fiat because people use Bitcoin to obtain fiat because fiat still the fastest way in making payment transaction.
In a way everything is a slave to fiat, but one of the functions of bitcoin is presicely to change that, to allow us to buy products and services without using fiat, which is the main reason why governments do not like bitcoin they understand very well what it is at stake here if they fail to contain bitcoin they will probably lose control of the economy and that is something they do not want since it has took to them hundreds of years to have so much control over it and they do not want to lose it.
For your kind correction bitcoin is not a slave it is the king of all currency  not only fiat but all other currency are the junior of bitcoin, now bitcoin is being worldwide and people are really agree to sell and buy bitcoin only as they wanna enjoy online payment, as well as our economy concerned so it is getting better with bitcoin I think our government should be thankful to bitcoin because bitcoin is the only currency which makes thousands of poor rich in my country and makes the life of users better for high usage of bitcoin but fiat nothing does for us only use to buy goods.
Activity: 159
Merit: 5
June 04, 2018, 06:55:03 PM
Because bitcoin is not used as payment method but as just stock element. People are not really enjoyed it because what is the difference for me to pay in EUR or BTC? why I should use BTC? But I like BTC as method to get good revenue in short time..
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
June 04, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
Because fiat money is easy to use anytime anywhere, but bitcoin you must need ti sell before you can use it as fiat money, so fiat money is  the most important things in this world. Bitcoin is slave of fiat..
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
June 03, 2018, 02:07:07 PM
I'm most worried about how long the crypto currency will remain a slave of bitcoin in the price plan. Why can not it independently have its own price, which would not depend on the price of bitcoin. One bitcoin fell in price and the entire crypto-currency market almost froze for six months.
However, what independence from fiat do you want for bitcoin? In my opinion, he is already doing what he likes, and his price exceeds thousands of times all world currencies. In my opinion, this is more than enough.
Bitcoin just it's own price but when it's compared to the likes of the USD and other fiat currencies, That is when we can see it's real value in the world. It's not a slave because of that.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
June 03, 2018, 12:19:59 PM
I'm most worried about how long the crypto currency will remain a slave of bitcoin in the price plan. Why can not it independently have its own price, which would not depend on the price of bitcoin. One bitcoin fell in price and the entire crypto-currency market almost froze for six months.
However, what independence from fiat do you want for bitcoin? In my opinion, he is already doing what he likes, and his price exceeds thousands of times all world currencies. In my opinion, this is more than enough.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
June 03, 2018, 11:30:49 AM
Bitcoin is the of most popular coin in a crypto world but not all people from every corner of the world knows about it, but due to our technological advancement its not far that in the near future bitcoin will lead the way in monetary system. As of now bitcoin still like a slave of fiat because people use Bitcoin to obtain fiat because fiat still the fastest way in making payment transaction.
In a way everything is a slave to fiat, but one of the functions of bitcoin is presicely to change that, to allow us to buy products and services without using fiat, which is the main reason why governments do not like bitcoin they understand very well what it is at stake here if they fail to contain bitcoin they will probably lose control of the economy and that is something they do not want since it has took to them hundreds of years to have so much control over it and they do not want to lose it.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
We know that until now bitcoin is still making its way to be legalized entire world so people are still using fiat money because its easy for them to use because even without internet they can buy things and pay their bills immediately.

Bitcoin is really tied on Fiat, and without Fiat, Bitcoin might not have a value or a price. Fiat is the main converted value of Bitcoin, we can't just set a value of Bitcoin to other crypto currencies since people don't usually use other digital currencies like Ethereum or Litecoin also, as of now Fiat is still better than Bitcoin in many ways so that is obvious that people will still use Fiat than Bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
This is because all we need from basic are paid trough fiat currency.
Activity: 280
We know that until now bitcoin is still making its way to be legalized entire world so people are still using fiat money because its easy for them to use because even without internet they can buy things and pay their bills immediately.
Activity: 693
Fiat money is the most easiest way to spend something on it, step outside and go to the malls, do you see any stores that accept bitcoin? No right? though there are some stores that do accept bitcoin but it is very rare to see one, and fiat is most likely the normal way people earn through their jobs, and that is why bitcoin may be not fully utilised through this day.
Adoption is an issue we all know that, the real question is if bitcoin it is ever going to be adopted in a big number of stores and businesses around the world or if that is never going to happen, to me answer is very obvious bitcoin will be accepted eventually all over the world but it is not going to happen fast, I predict that this is a process that is going to take at least 2 or 3 decades, this can change depending on the state of the economy and some other factors.
Activity: 322
I don't think that this is an actual information. As for me, I don't consider bitcoin a slave of Fiat because it is not like this. the situation is completely different now. btc is really powerful and it will become even more powerful later
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Activity: 27
I think bitcoin can't replace fiat since it is different and more complex than fiat. Bitcoin has style and method itself, with futuristic technology and can be used easier and more efficient than fiat
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
Why is Bitcoin tied to Fiat? Why is Bitcoin value moving like a stock? satoshi said the value will be derived by the limit of total coins. But we are seeing the opposite. Why dont we mathematically calculate the value of bitcoin according to the amount of bitcoin mined?

Agreed Value * Bitcoins Mined = New Value

0.0010 * 1 = 0.0010
0.0010 * 2 = 0.0020

The reason why everyone is investing on cryptocurrency is that they are all waiting for the price to grow even more in order to earn more profit in the future and we all have the same goal that someday we all want to be rich and it is possible through cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
Because it is used as a valuable asset, not a means of payment in the economy. For example, gold is also tied to a phiatic currency!
Everything is dependent on something else and so are the bitcoins over fiat. Right now, as the bitcoins are quite new and they are just making things better slowly and gradually. So we can’t just expect them to be pervading all over the world and replacing the fiat within a blink of eye. No, that can’t just happen right now. So it takes time and till then definitely bitcoins need fiat to support them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
Fiat money is still the currency that people wants to use because they are familiar with it and also easy to use anywhere you go and bitcoin cant take place maybe in the future when all countries are already using advance technology who knows.
I understand that we must strive for the best and develop High Technology. But we must not forget about those segments of the world's population for whom the introduction of crypto currency into everyday life will bring certain difficulties. Even if we take for example elderly people and children, they will not have enough education and knowledge to use, for example Bitcoin, in everyday life.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
Why is Bitcoin tied to Fiat? Why is Bitcoin value moving like a stock? satoshi said the value will be derived by the limit of total coins. But we are seeing the opposite. Why dont we mathematically calculate the value of bitcoin according to the amount of bitcoin mined?

Agreed Value * Bitcoins Mined = New Value

0.0010 * 1 = 0.0010
0.0010 * 2 = 0.0020
It’s true that bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity since  it has started and also has gained a lot of potential users throughout the world.  But still I don’t think that bitcoin is better than Fiat currency and I do believe that it is still asleep of Fiat currency because firstly Fiat currency has way more popularity all around the world than bitcoin. Then Fiat currency also has way more users all over the globe where as bitcoin users are limited. Fiat currency is excepted everywhere and is Trusted by everyone where as bitcoin is not excepted everywhere and is not trusted by everyone.
Activity: 57
The longer i stay in bitcoin and what it learned me about economics I start to see more and more what sort of slave system all national currencies are.

I realized everything I saved over whole my life to get enough so lending becomes possible to buy a house is impossible. What was saved over all my lifetime gets stolen by sneaky inflation. At some point you get to the level where what is possible to save and on top off all what was saved in the past gets stollen because of inflation.

That is creepy shit. And very hard to see for a person who has no clue about economics.

It's also because of the country I live in and it's situation but it is still is sneaky shit.

And then all to propaganda they tell people about bitcoin.

Okay bitcoin has risks but these are told everywhere.so people know about it.

But all the risk fiat has are unknown be people.

So disgusting that people are brain washed as slaves without them knowing it.

Luckily something as bitcoin exists. Know its not suitable as main currency to store everything in but still bitcoin gives a amount of freedom.

To bad people don't get educated about this sort of stuff about the system where they where forced in.
Activity: 280
Fiat money is still the currency that people wants to use because they are familiar with it and also easy to use anywhere you go and bitcoin cant take place maybe in the future when all countries are already using advance technology who knows.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
I cannot see bitcoin will over take fiat as of the moment it will take a lot of years before it will happen, and if that happens I don't think that we are still existing in this world, but if given the chance I would stick to what bitcoin situation is right now that we can use it as a form of investment and not as a currency.
Pages:
Jump to: