Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is bitcoin worth? Welcome to discuss - page 25. (Read 12990 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Someone has said bitcoin is of no value, in my heart I think they said is wrong, I always think that bitcoin is valuable, but I didn't understand what is the origin of the value of bitcoin, why accept more people, its value will rise? If you have other ideas, please discuss.
Same discussion again and again. Bitcoin does indeed have some value. If more people adopt and accepts the usage of bitcoin the price will rise, since the demand for bitcoin will be increasing but the supply is still limited.
i think the demand of bitcoin is not decreasing, because as time pass people are getting awareness about bitcoin and they are taking interested for investing their assets in bitcoin, therefore the demand is continuously increasing and that is the reason that the price of bitcoin is also shooting up. we can hope that the trend will continue for a long time and people will getting income from bitcoin.
Certainly yes! the demand of the community so far are getting stronger, this is what the reality happen worldwide. together with the whale investors are much  getting interest into it because they saw how growth faster it is, not because only it is trend  in the Internet all over the world but of course it is because of the unique features on which bitcoin has.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
Someone has said bitcoin is of no value, in my heart I think they said is wrong, I always think that bitcoin is valuable, but I didn't understand what is the origin of the value of bitcoin, why accept more people, its value will rise? If you have other ideas, please discuss.

Yes it is not true that bitcoin has no value. If bitcoin does not have value why does the government considered it as a threat and wants to suppressed it. If bitcoin has no value why do people used it for transactions and work hard to earn it. A thing has a value if people give value to it even if others do not.

Regardless of bitcoin's value, the concept of it alone is enough reason for the government to suppress it instead of announcing it on the media. Bitcoin removes the government from the scene and that's why the government cannot tax bitcoins. It's a threat to them since any millionaire can simply convert all of his fiat into bitcoins and then use bitcoin to transact with other millionaires. That way, there's no way that the government will give them tax because of the money that they have made for the month.

The government depends the tax on how much you earn (on most countries) and if you do transactions worth of million, one sure thing will be the tax will also be huge.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Yes it is not true that bitcoin has no value. If bitcoin does not have value why does the government considered it as a threat and wants to suppressed it. If bitcoin has no value why do people used it for transactions and work hard to earn it. A thing has a value if people give value to it even if others do not.

Activity: 291
February 27, 2017, 03:28:41 PM
in fact bitcoin is the need of the day. i think bitcoin is increasing day by day and hope that very soon the use of bitcoin will become more and more popular and that is the need that bitcoin will be the first priority of the people.
The price of bitcoin is increasing because of different factors .If EFT is approved the price would increase instantly and the if not i would take some time to cross the price over two thousand dollars.Hope the Chinese would not come up with a new tactic to reduce the price of bitcoin with FUD news.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
February 27, 2017, 01:35:15 PM
The Bitcoin is worth because it is safe way to send and get money from other people.
And Bitcoins keeps getting supporters what will make it worth grow.

Yes, you are right Bitcoin community is growing every day. This strengthens Bitcoin and making it stable.
Bitcoin For me - it is the most convenient way to pay some fees
Bitcoin is growing sharp with the continuing adoption of bitcoin by big companies as well increasing user profiles. Not just in the sending and receiving bitcoin is worthy, it is getting use in all places. These days people face a lot difficulty in getting confirmation in a short which is important for bitcoin transactions.
in fact bitcoin is the need of the day. i think bitcoin is increasing day by day and hope that very soon the use of bitcoin will become more and more popular and that is the need that bitcoin will be the first priority of the people.
Activity: 336
February 27, 2017, 11:05:18 AM

Well, he hasn't really experience bitcoin yet or have bitcoin people tend to say that to act cool or they don't want to but really bitcoin is one awesome creation to human kind or to the internet users because the payment of the bill is more easy than the real world and its one click away Cheesy bitcoin should be valued because its the biggest money in the internet you can buy stuff that you want and sell bitcoin for a higher price bitcoin is now getting bigger and more expensive Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
February 27, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

Bitcoin is growing sharp with the continuing adoption of bitcoin by big companies as well increasing user profiles. Not just in the sending and receiving bitcoin is worthy, it is getting use in all places. These days people face a lot difficulty in getting confirmation in a short which is important for bitcoin transactions.

Which companies that offer to pay their employee in bitcoin? And where is is all places that you mentioned about? I dont really think that this bitcoin already go public. There is only some places that only use bitcoin daily. But still the usage of bitcoin around the world is around 10-20%
Lets not exaggerate, bitcoin is not even used by 1% of the human population let alone 10 to 20 percent if bitcoin was able to reach that target population,bitcoin will be worth tens of thousands of dollars for the simple fact there will be many people wanting to have some bitcoin and the supply of bitcoin will remain roughly the same.
It is true, as many people ignore the fact that bitcoin has limited resources so by the time and with people coming in and many transactions being made means that we will eventually run off of it and that is why bitcoin is not used as an official currency, however the new concept that bitcoin is bringing to the economy can be used to develop new currency.

After seeing the earning opportunities, bitcoin has brought. I am not having any second opinion on worth of bitcoins. It is highly worth to have and to save.
Activity: 840
February 25, 2017, 03:21:52 PM
The Bitcoin is worth because it is safe way to send and get money from other people.

Yes, you are right Bitcoin community is growing every day. This strengthens Bitcoin and making it stable.

Which companies that offer to pay their employee in bitcoin? And where is is all places that you mentioned about? I dont really think that this bitcoin already go public. There is only some places that only use bitcoin daily. But still the usage of bitcoin around the world is around 10-20%
Lets not exaggerate, bitcoin is not even used by 1% of the human population let alone 10 to 20 percent if bitcoin was able to reach that target population,bitcoin will be worth tens of thousands of dollars for the simple fact there will be many people wanting to have some bitcoin and the supply of bitcoin will remain roughly the same.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
February 24, 2017, 08:24:26 PM

actually it is pretty simple , bitcoin has been seen as a bright future of money and investment at once ,
it will briing a lot of people to use , means the price will keep growing ,
now when you get the fact like that , what would you do?
of course follow the situation and buy bitcoin some , as based on that fact bitcoin are really worth.
Activity: 784
February 24, 2017, 06:10:41 PM

Bitcoin is worth to buy now because isn't obvious the value at the present was getting in higher and higher to hit the 2000$ before  coming of June. I do believed there are lot of community waiting for that moment too.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2017, 07:49:57 PM

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 19, 2017, 11:27:25 PM

Activity: 293
February 19, 2017, 04:57:15 PM

February 16, 2017, 10:53:41 PM
It’s a game of trust. The currency note in your pocket has some definite value of $1 or 100 INR etc because the concerned government has agreed to pay you that respective amount so you trust that the instrument possesses the some value and thus everyone other. Bitcoin is not different, people around the world have faith in bitcoin and thus they believe that bitcoin has a certain value of $1,000 and this mutual trust is known as value.

The value of bitcoin probably depends on trust, because if the community stops trusting bitcoin, it would become like other currencies who does not have trust among people. The only thing that makes bitcoin the best and different from others is the trust coming from the people  around the world, the belief of people that bitcoin will always be of great value.

The best thing is.. you don't have to trust anyone or anything.. you just have to trust Math..
And since math can be proven its a bullet proof concept.
Its a currency backed up with Math and Calculation Power.

Yes math has crucial role in determining the price but at the same time the current price is determined by the buyers and sellers in the market and buyers purchase bitcoins because they trust that market will buy bitcoins from when buyer wish to sell so it's the mass trust which makes it valuable IMO.

the only thing that matters is "demand" and yes supply too but since supply is not changing and there is always nearly the same amount of bitcoins being sold on the market, the only other factor is going to be demand.

and that means the number of people who are investing in bitcoin.
the nice thing about bitcoin is that it doesn't belong to one nation or one group of people. instead it is global which means all the people from all around the world are going to buy bitcoin but this takes time since not everyone trust the system at first and many don't even know about it.
and as more people come in, price goes higher and higher.

the only limit is the population of the world!

Or maybe the limit is the number of open minded people. There are some that don't even want to use smartphones because back in the day, they didn't have it so that means they don't need it. Those are mostly the elder people.

When we hype up bitcoins, there would still be those people that are very reluctant of everything. Bitcoin is just a currency. Does everyone use USD? No. Does everyone use Chinese Yuan? No. I think the same thing would apply to bitcoins as well. Not everyone would be using bitcoins as long as there are other options like altcoins and fiat money.
The amount of people is a limiting factor, but there are many other factors, for example access to electricity, while having electricity is a given in the first world, about one quarter of the human population don't have access to electricity, and if someone does not have access to electricity, it is very unlikely that person will have access to bitcoin.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
February 16, 2017, 02:54:46 PM
The factors that give Bitcoin its value are the same factors that give Gold its value, a goods with limited volume in addition to the possibility of storing it for long time without any lose in its properties, but I think Bitcoin is better than Gold because it is easy to store and buy/sell.
I agree with you but hard to spend, bitcoin value is more superior than gold in many aspects but to safe investment gold is superior because bitcoin value tend to change rapidly. I also experienced the same thing as op precisely in early 2015 where bitcoin prices falls, different from now that bitcoin prices bounced
If you believe in Bitcoin, there is no thing to worry about, Bitcoin price goes up and down but in total it is on up trend, so if you want long term investment you just need to buy and store, during 2016 the investors were expecting that 1 Bitcoin will worth more than $1000, and we are witnessing this fact now. In addition, the legal status of Bitcoin is improving positively, it is more acceptable now.
That up and down scenario of the bitcoin is very great opportunity to make a lot of money (If you are a trader) because that is why bitcoin is very popular to internet geeks or former forex traders because the price is very volatile and most of the times it always goes up and it is very good for long term. As what you said, 2016 investors are wishing for 1000$ and now that is happening and that is why bitcoin is very worth it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
February 16, 2017, 11:06:45 AM
The factors that give Bitcoin its value are the same factors that give Gold its value, a goods with limited volume in addition to the possibility of storing it for long time without any lose in its properties, but I think Bitcoin is better than Gold because it is easy to store and buy/sell.
I agree with you but hard to spend, bitcoin value is more superior than gold in many aspects but to safe investment gold is superior because bitcoin value tend to change rapidly. I also experienced the same thing as op precisely in early 2015 where bitcoin prices falls, different from now that bitcoin prices bounced
If you believe in Bitcoin, there is no thing to worry about, Bitcoin price goes up and down but in total it is on up trend, so if you want long term investment you just need to buy and store, during 2016 the investors were expecting that 1 Bitcoin will worth more than $1000, and we are witnessing this fact now. In addition, the legal status of Bitcoin is improving positively, it is more acceptable now.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
February 16, 2017, 10:13:10 AM
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
February 15, 2017, 11:51:59 PM
In simple terms, bitcoin useful, so valuable. Bitcoin is the fundamental source of the value of the value of bitcoin, but also from the use of value.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
February 15, 2017, 10:47:18 PM
Bitcoin has value for the simple fact that it does what was proposed to be done. This means that the currency fulfills its role in allowing people to have a decentralized and secure way of storing value. Many people do not feel secure enough to store value in fiat currency, gold or other assets, and for these people Bitcoin is a good way to diversify.
the advantages and benefits of bitcoin as an anonymous, decentralized, it makes bitcoin valuable and worth. because it makes bitcoin is different from the others. so that is bitcoin more special than other
February 15, 2017, 09:04:52 PM
It’s a game of trust. The currency note in your pocket has some definite value of $1 or 100 INR etc because the concerned government has agreed to pay you that respective amount so you trust that the instrument possesses the some value and thus everyone other. Bitcoin is not different, people around the world have faith in bitcoin and thus they believe that bitcoin has a certain value of $1,000 and this mutual trust is known as value.

The value of bitcoin probably depends on trust, because if the community stops trusting bitcoin, it would become like other currencies who does not have trust among people. The only thing that makes bitcoin the best and different from others is the trust coming from the people  around the world, the belief of people that bitcoin will always be of great value.

The best thing is.. you don't have to trust anyone or anything.. you just have to trust Math..
And since math can be proven its a bullet proof concept.
Its a currency backed up with Math and Calculation Power.

Yes math has crucial role in determining the price but at the same time the current price is determined by the buyers and sellers in the market and buyers purchase bitcoins because they trust that market will buy bitcoins from when buyer wish to sell so it's the mass trust which makes it valuable IMO.

the only thing that matters is "demand" and yes supply too but since supply is not changing and there is always nearly the same amount of bitcoins being sold on the market, the only other factor is going to be demand.

and that means the number of people who are investing in bitcoin.
the nice thing about bitcoin is that it doesn't belong to one nation or one group of people. instead it is global which means all the people from all around the world are going to buy bitcoin but this takes time since not everyone trust the system at first and many don't even know about it.
and as more people come in, price goes higher and higher.

the only limit is the population of the world!

Absolutely, and that’s the reason that bitcoin is getting more and more precious day by day. If we look at the past record of the price of the bitcoin then we will realize that since more and more people are showing interest in bitcoin, the demand for it is increasing so does the price. Now, since it was designed in such a way that has upper cap of 21B bitcoins, but if at that time the demand surpass the available levels of supply then the price will skyrocket for long time (currently it’s not because new bitcoins are coming in the market to satisfy demand).
And also we must remember the demand it is kind of low, if lets say 5% of the human population used bitcoin the price will sky rocket 100 times or maybe even more, that is what many are waiting for, they are waiting for an increase of demand and with it an increase in price.
Pages:
Jump to: