Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 152. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
November 05, 2016, 08:14:44 AM
Gambling is addicting because its very enjoying and due to that its very addicting for almost everyone.
I think that gambling is fun and that its addicted but if you can control it its not bad at all in my eyes.
gambling is really entertaining but also risky so I think even if you are having fun in playing gambling also be responsible enough to handle a situation that it can also happen during your game.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
November 05, 2016, 06:09:29 AM
yeah agree with you all, because of our greedy so gambling make us addicted
fun reason on gambling is not true reason for gambling make us addicted
because gambling is risk activity, but sometimes risk activity is funny thing for some peoples

There is some reasons which make gambling so much addictive things the more we get greedy than we lost the control and thinking that kind gambling is very easy way to make money for our needs, so this kind of behavior is really risky and that is why we get addicted to this.

We think it's going to be easy to win every time. It's a false idea but we got it in our mind and cannot get rid of it very easy. It's very addictive too, of course.. But this false idea gets us greedy each time.
It is really not easy to win each time you play gambling, it is always depend of a game, if the game is more on strategy and you know how to play it then for sure you can earn money in a short time, but once that you just have to rely on your luck it will be hard for you to win the game.
We should choose a game that we can use our skills and that our strategy is very important, with that we can increase our winning percentage and we may end up winning in the long run. When you are using a strategy and you stick with it for sure you are not prone to being addicted in gambling.

Most gamblers that are prone to addiction are those gambling purely with their emotion and no specific strategy at all.

I agree. Addiction to gambling will not lead to a better standing financially. It will just burn everything you have. No strategy gambling would term for the worse most of the time. Tho, some of them win, most of them will lose.
I have never seen an addicted gambler in my entire life that is successful in the long run, most of them only have a good luck in the beginning but since they are addicted, they will still lose all their winnings in the end. This is gambling which is addictive so we should be very careful with our actions.

Me either, no gambling addict I know has won anything but on their first try. Most of the time, those who really win something has a plan and strategy.                                                                                                   

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
November 05, 2016, 03:46:09 AM
In my opinion gambling becomes addiction because of if i have been losing it make me curious and that is make me addiction of gambling.

It drags me to gamble too, but also important reason why i and other gamblers gamble is because they can earn a lot of money this way even if it's risky
The exact problem is with me also, when I quit gamble after giving some huge losses I decide that ok enough but then I think hey I ended on a loosing streak, maybe the wins were on the door knocking and that makes me bet more and more, if lost I think ok maybe next and if I win then well,who ends while winning ?
i frequently end my game session while in profit , but a couple minutes ago i have played blackjack and roulette on fortunejack turn a little amount of 4.5 mbtc to almost 80 mbtc as i think it was extra money i keep doubling the bet amount , unfortunately this time i didn't have luck enough to stop while in profit , usually if i play with non-extra money i withdraw the whole bitcoin immediately , in my case i feel i'm not addicted as the reason why gambling addicting are the feeling you get when tempted to get more additional money and to chase the losing money.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
November 05, 2016, 03:26:40 AM
In my opinion gambling becomes addiction because of if i have been losing it make me curious and that is make me addiction of gambling.
Gamblers are those people who are intelligent, you keep playing still despite of the reality that you always lose because you want to fin the method to win in gambling, and in a regular basis we want to try our new discovered method if it works or not.

Gambling makes our mind works and that can help to be active for a while.
What kinds of new method on gambling? I think you must show up, it will make good discussion because i don't know there are method for playing gambling. For me gambling is just for fun and entertainment and depend on my lucky.
I guess what he is trying to imply is that the method to accept loses so we can enjoy gambling in the long run as long as we have the money to gamble. Most gamblers do not accept loses so they lose more than they can afford to lose.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2016, 02:39:37 AM
Gamblers are those people who are intelligent, you keep playing still despite of the reality that you always lose because you want to fin the method to win in gambling, and in a regular basis we want to try our new discovered method if it works or not.

Gambling makes our mind works and that can help to be active for a while.
What kinds of new method on gambling? I think you must show up, it will make good discussion because i don't know there are method for playing gambling. For me gambling is just for fun and entertainment and depend on my lucky.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
November 05, 2016, 01:23:36 AM
because gambling is risk activity, but sometimes risk activity is funny thing for some peoples

There is some reasons which make gambling so much addictive things the more we get greedy than we lost the control and thinking that kind gambling is very easy way to make money for our needs, so this kind of behavior is really risky and that is why we get addicted to this.

We think it's going to be easy to win every time. It's a false idea but we got it in our mind and cannot get rid of it very easy. It's very addictive too, of course.. But this false idea gets us greedy each time.
It is really not easy to win each time you play gambling, it is always depend of a game, if the game is more on strategy and you know how to play it then for sure you can earn money in a short time, but once that you just have to rely on your luck it will be hard for you to win the game.
We should choose a game that we can use our skills and that our strategy is very important, with that we can increase our winning percentage and we may end up winning in the long run. When you are using a strategy and you stick with it for sure you are not prone to being addicted in gambling.

Most gamblers that are prone to addiction are those gambling purely with their emotion and no specific strategy at all.

I agree. Addiction to gambling will not lead to a better standing financially. It will just burn everything you have. No strategy gambling would term for the worse most of the time. Tho, some of them win, most of them will lose.
I have never seen an addicted gambler in my entire life that is successful in the long run, most of them only have a good luck in the beginning but since they are addicted, they will still lose all their winnings in the end. This is gambling which is addictive so we should be very careful with our actions.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
November 05, 2016, 01:02:16 AM

How could anyone ever argue that an addiction to gambling would be financially better for a person, of course they would be better off not being addicted, gamblers who are addicted are more likely to chase their losses and then they just loose twice as much.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
November 05, 2016, 12:56:42 AM

It drags me to gamble too, but also important reason why i and other gamblers gamble is because they can earn a lot of money this way even if it's risky
The exact problem is with me also, when I quit gamble after giving some huge losses I decide that ok enough but then I think hey I ended on a loosing streak, maybe the wins were on the door knocking and that makes me bet more and more, if lost I think ok maybe next and if I win then well,who ends while winning ?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
November 05, 2016, 12:34:38 AM

For sure it will only wrecked our life in the long run we need to control this addiction knowing our limition and placing only the money that we can afford to lose will lessen our loses.
November 05, 2016, 12:15:39 AM

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
November 04, 2016, 11:37:32 PM

thats the logic there mate the more you know the gambling that you are playing the chances of winning is bigger but if just playing and only relying from your luck its not easy to win and you will keeps on chasing your loses and make it more and more.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
November 04, 2016, 10:35:17 PM

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
November 04, 2016, 09:24:17 PM

November 04, 2016, 07:31:59 PM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Gambling is not addictive at all. Winning part of gambling is.  No one likes losing. Most actually hates it. So cant be really addictive with losing. But winning is addictive just simple because it is fun.
I agree. It defends on your self control. winning big is not addictive but its more being a wise and smart playing gambling. once you win control your feelings. be contented to what you win. and quit. 

Correct. If you can't control yourself when gambling - whether you are winning or losing, I highly recommend that you don't gamble at once! Why? Because that is how exactly people lose in gambling when their emotion is on top on their gambling sessions. This is really bad because when you are too emotional, you tend to do decisions that are not reasonable like betting allin with all of your hard earned money.

I think it is just common for people to involve their emotion when they gambling I think even if a person can control it the inner emotion might reflect on them, and I think other people are using a method to see their opponent emotions in a bet on a poker match this is highly use in that kind of gambling, well I can not totally say that it is not OK show your emotions when having a bet on gambling but this can be certain use against you!

Well emotions are really part of the game of gambling. Usually, it gets people's minds clouded and they end up losing everything. The key is, I think, is to know when to leave the table. Know when you lost enough or earned.

Well decision making really is the key when betting and emotion really is part of the gambling and strategic purpose for some players and now I think that there are so many ways in dealing with gambling, and I think you can do it if you are really not addicted to it cause if you are, your mind would be clouded not by your emotions but the very urge your addiction pursue! 

That's a good point. Addiction is also one of the factors that affect why alot of people lose money in gambling. The urge is indeed strong in some that they do not know right from wrong. Gambling should be played as a profession or only for fun. It's should not be to satisfy one's addiction.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2016, 05:50:01 PM
Gambling is addicting because its something that you can play as a game and you want to win again and again plus its also that you can enjoy yourself by it so you will keep coming back.

Whether we realize it or not, when we were accustomed to gambling, our minds will be poisoned with something like this: "we can easily get money from gambling". Those sentence will always be ringing in our minds and we tend to forget the series of defeats which we find in the past. And this is what causes people who are addicted to gambling would be very difficult to detach themselves from the shackles of gambling.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
November 04, 2016, 05:24:11 PM
Gambling is addicting because its something that you can play as a game and you want to win again and again plus its also that you can enjoy yourself by it so you will keep coming back.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
November 04, 2016, 11:50:50 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Gambling is not addictive at all. Winning part of gambling is.  No one likes losing. Most actually hates it. So cant be really addictive with losing. But winning is addictive just simple because it is fun.
I agree. It defends on your self control. winning big is not addictive but its more being a wise and smart playing gambling. once you win control your feelings. be contented to what you win. and quit. 

Correct. If you can't control yourself when gambling - whether you are winning or losing, I highly recommend that you don't gamble at once! Why? Because that is how exactly people lose in gambling when their emotion is on top on their gambling sessions. This is really bad because when you are too emotional, you tend to do decisions that are not reasonable like betting allin with all of your hard earned money.

I think it is just common for people to involve their emotion when they gambling I think even if a person can control it the inner emotion might reflect on them, and I think other people are using a method to see their opponent emotions in a bet on a poker match this is highly use in that kind of gambling, well I can not totally say that it is not OK show your emotions when having a bet on gambling but this can be certain use against you!

Well emotions are really part of the game of gambling. Usually, it gets people's minds clouded and they end up losing everything. The key is, I think, is to know when to leave the table. Know when you lost enough or earned.

Well decision making really is the key when betting and emotion really is part of the gambling and strategic purpose for some players and now I think that there are so many ways in dealing with gambling, and I think you can do it if you are really not addicted to it cause if you are, your mind would be clouded not by your emotions but the very urge your addiction pursue! 
November 04, 2016, 11:17:47 AM

Why is it so addictive?

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
November 04, 2016, 11:09:09 AM

Why is it so addictive?

Activity: 756
Merit: 294
November 04, 2016, 10:47:34 AM

Why is it so addictive?

Jump to: