Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 293. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 12, 2016, 06:51:20 AM
Some people don't consider lottery as gambling but they just can't admit it that it is another form of gambling. It's so famous now people just play it everyday.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
April 12, 2016, 06:21:18 AM
Lottery is done worldwide and they keep on buying lotto tickets even if they know that their chance of winning is really low. Simply because everyone wants a to get rich quick, to get rich without any efforts, they find gambling as the solution to that.

Yup! most of the time that is the reason why most people play gambling because of a quick thing to get rich but that way of thinking is wrong, but lotto is a kind of gambling that people play everyday in just a small amount they can buy tickets and I think it is not easy to win this type of gambling but certainly many is at peace in playing this you don't need big amounts to win it, your small amount can become million or billion in just an instant that you win!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 12, 2016, 06:13:31 AM
Lottery is done worldwide and they keep on buying lotto tickets even if they know that their chance of winning is really low. Simply because everyone wants a to get rich quick, to get rich without any efforts, they find gambling as the solution to that.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 12, 2016, 06:00:50 AM
when you win a big jackpot!
but be carefull on that coz in the end they get lose you Grin
April 12, 2016, 05:58:12 AM

Yeah because almost certainly most people would lose their control when gambling and it was not good. because they will not notice when they gamble and bet all their money. they would be willing to take a big risk. their goal is only one getting a big profit and become wealthy in the near future

Yup! most certainly people really wants to get rich or wealthy in the future but a lot have ended in a big lose because they can not control their urge or addiction towards it, and in getting addicted to gambling certainly you can not control yourself if your addicted to gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
April 12, 2016, 05:50:27 AM
Addiction can have many forms, and can be caused by many things and habits. Only solutions is to stay honest to yourself when something become hazardous for health and for pocket. But i don't never met person that can do this.
Gambling is most hazardous because attacks on vanity, and it is easy to lose control.
it would be better if gambling revenue we share with those in need. if we spend itself clearly above factors will happen
Yeah because almost certainly most people would lose their control when gambling and it was not good. because they will not notice when they gamble and bet all their money. they would be willing to take a big risk. their goal is only one getting a big profit and become wealthy in the near future
April 12, 2016, 05:17:50 AM
Gambling is addicting because we all like it to do and we all see it as a game because you can just play a game and if you are lucky you can even win some money and that is nice.
But winning in gambling happens not that often, it is more often that you lose.

Well I think that if you think that gambling is a mere game that everybody loves so much well I think you are thinking wrongly of it, because you will need cash in playing it and you might get addicted to it if you think it as fun, but there are some coincidence that gambling has free cash so you could play I think that will be the safest time you would gambling and you could think about gambling as fun but if that free cash gambling give to you depleted then think the risk in playing gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
April 12, 2016, 04:57:12 AM
It's all about the chemicals that it makes your brain secrete, giving you intense moments of highs that you wish to chase.

True, it just sticks to your mind 24/7 and it's just not easy in order to get out of it once those odds seem so much bigger to you, even bigger than what you have currently, you don't even realize that if you lose, where will you be at...
April 12, 2016, 03:18:42 AM
Gambling is addicting because we all like it to do and we all see it as a game because you can just play a game and if you are lucky you can even win some money and that is nice.
But winning in gambling happens not that often, it is more often that you lose.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
April 12, 2016, 02:46:10 AM
It's all about the chemicals that it makes your brain secrete, giving you intense moments of highs that you wish to chase.

Definitely agree on this one. It's all psychological. Admins on gambling site do train our brains to manipulate us to keep on betting even if we don't even have money left for ourselves.

No, admins has nothing to do with game, instead, the game itself is the one that causes us to feel those highs...Imagine  when you bet and you made a near hit to a jackpot...That is the one, which, when mixed with "greed" then results to betting more and more...
Activity: 588
April 12, 2016, 01:32:33 AM

Definitely agree on this one. It's all psychological. Admins on gambling site do train our brains to manipulate us to keep on betting even if we don't even have money left for ourselves.
Activity: 182
April 11, 2016, 05:16:35 PM
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
April 11, 2016, 03:41:38 PM
people know gambling is the solution to our problem,but its wrong playing gamble we will fall you if you do not stop of your addiction on that.
But some people are smart and stop right after they hit the jackpot. There must be something else that makes people be addicted to gambling other than winning a prize. The people who continue to gamble even though they just hit a jackpot is not an addicted gambler, they are just greedy af. Sometimes, I wonder why we, human, like to do silly things.
Activity: 462
April 11, 2016, 03:30:32 PM
The fact that you can win much money with gambling is enough to attract so many people in this world. People just love money, so the fact that they can win more money with money sounds good to those people.

And the reward you get when you win. It is like when you train a dog and you give them reward if they follow you, then they will keep.doing it. It is the same with gambling, when we win, something triggers in us to do it again. Until it become a habit and then an addiction.

Gambling is very addicted because you want to do it again and again, this is because you think you can earn money fast.
Although that is just stupid people are thinking this and if they are in that flow they will get addicted till the lost everything.
April 11, 2016, 02:25:11 PM
people know gambling is the solution to our problem,but its wrong playing gamble we will fall you if you do not stop of your addiction on that.
yes win a big jackpot, but in first only in the end everything gonna lose you.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
April 11, 2016, 01:47:23 PM
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
April 11, 2016, 11:55:26 AM
The fact that you can win much money with gambling is enough to attract so many people in this world. People just love money, so the fact that they can win more money with money sounds good to those people.

And the reward you get when you win. It is like when you train a dog and you give them reward if they follow you, then they will keep.doing it. It is the same with gambling, when we win, something triggers in us to do it again. Until it become a habit and then an addiction.
Activity: 406
April 11, 2016, 11:40:42 AM
Gambling is just so addicted because its fun to do and if people find something enjoying for hours they will get addicted.
Plus another fact makes it even more addicted and that is that you can also earn money with it and these two combined makes it very addicted if you think about it.
Activity: 364
April 11, 2016, 11:16:32 AM
I don't think it's religion that cured you from your gambling addiction. If yes, then how come? You are the one controlling yourself to whether or not to gamble when you urge to. I'm pretty sure you disciplined yourself by keeping yourself busy reading the bible or something.
I think it could have been someone who has a strong faith will never enter into gambling. therefore there is a prohibition on gambling.
and they must obey it
Gambling is so addicting because you can see that many people likes it to do and that is good because gambling is a gamble and it let you think that you can win some money.

But that is not true you will always lose more money than you win money so that can be good.
Activity: 532
April 11, 2016, 09:06:53 AM

Quite right, I think everyone who is doing the game has level of boredom, respectively, there is a feeling that the game get bored if there's no gambling and there is a feel good if such games in the no gambling. Because there is a religion that prohibits harsh existence of gambling, because according to the teachings of gambling is very detrimental to all the people who do it. Although they win in gambling but the impact which they get extremely dangerous to life. There is a saying that victory in the only pseudo gambling in gambling and eternity is a whopping

Well gambling is quite a pleasure seeker for some players and I think the boredom comes to people if the game is always getting redundant every time, and I think that religion involve gambling as a no no to the public is because of the power of money that brought people in playing it and as the saying goes money is the root of all evil and gambling is there that gives a chance for people to get big money as their prices!

Yup, there are indeed some gambling who consider that to find pleasure only and that I think they won't get bored because their goal gamble looking for fun so surely they are happy. And boredom did indeed come when they do something it is excessive, and I think without doing so excessively will definitely be okay. The world is almost everyone thinks that money is everything and without money their lives will surely be miserable, so that they do anything for the sake of earning money without looking at the impact of negative and positive
Jump to: