Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 294. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 250
April 11, 2016, 09:00:06 AM
Well i have struggled with gambling for about 12 years now.
dont even know where to start or what to say....

Started out with slots 5 years ago,, it got worse and worse and worse.
used to be couple hundred off paychecks, then whole paychecks
then borrowing money to gamble
likely down somewhere around 35 to 40,000 dollars since then.

Now i consider myself clean and not gambling anymore.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
April 11, 2016, 08:38:16 AM

Quite right, I think everyone who is doing the game has level of boredom, respectively, there is a feeling that the game get bored if there's no gambling and there is a feel good if such games in the no gambling. Because there is a religion that prohibits harsh existence of gambling, because according to the teachings of gambling is very detrimental to all the people who do it. Although they win in gambling but the impact which they get extremely dangerous to life. There is a saying that victory in the only pseudo gambling in gambling and eternity is a whopping

Well gambling is quite a pleasure seeker for some players and I think the boredom comes to people if the game is always getting redundant every time, and I think that religion involve gambling as a no no to the public is because of the power of money that brought people in playing it and as the saying goes money is the root of all evil and gambling is there that gives a chance for people to get big money as their prices!
Activity: 714
April 11, 2016, 07:43:24 AM
The fact that you can win much money with gambling is enough to attract so many people in this world. People just love money, so the fact that they can win more money with money sounds good to those people.

Yeah money makes gambling addicting and without money on the line gambling would be boring and wont give joy to its users.
Quite right, I think everyone who is doing the game has level of boredom, respectively, there is a feeling that the game get bored if there's no gambling and there is a feel good if such games in the no gambling. Because there is a religion that prohibits harsh existence of gambling, because according to the teachings of gambling is very detrimental to all the people who do it. Although they win in gambling but the impact which they get extremely dangerous to life. There is a saying that victory in the only pseudo gambling in gambling and eternity is a whopping
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 11, 2016, 07:38:06 AM
The fact that you can win much money with gambling is enough to attract so many people in this world. People just love money, so the fact that they can win more money with money sounds good to those people.

Yeah money makes gambling addicting and without money on the line gambling would be boring and wont give joy to its users.
Activity: 714
April 11, 2016, 07:30:39 AM
Absolutely right, someone who is addicted in gambling actually wanted to get money quickly without having to spend a lot of energy. But it is definitively less right in fact, Because in reality they are gambling 90% get the defeat (lost a lot of money). I very much understand why they lose a lot of money, because they use a haphazard way gambling, although some use strategies but they use Ambition (can't wait) so the strategy as good as whatever they wear, will surely get the defeat because they are less patient
April 11, 2016, 07:26:40 AM

yup it can really attract to many players the instant money and big bucks of money is at hand if they win they will think that they can get a portion of this just by playing and they will not think of the risk in playing it but will certainly play without a second though in their head.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
April 11, 2016, 07:10:01 AM
April 11, 2016, 06:45:24 AM
People who are addicted to gambling still believe in the fact that they are going to win the jackpot are this huge amount of money. It can surely happen but it will not happen to everyone that gambles. 

And they will not stop believing until they draw their last breathe or someone help them out of their addiction. It is a sad story but it is true. Gamblers hoping for a jackpot but if you sum all the money spent betting, they already have spent the jackpot amount on bets. If they only realize that, then don't have to chase the jackpot.

Yup! they keep believing that they can win the prize jackpot but they are not aware about the true color of gambling because i is very risky indeed, or maybe they are already addicted to gambling that is why they don't realized the risk involve in it and they don't count their losses because they are already into gambling and really become addicted to it.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
April 11, 2016, 06:32:02 AM
People who are addicted to gambling still believe in the fact that they are going to win the jackpot are this huge amount of money. It can surely happen but it will not happen to everyone that gambles. 

And they will not stop believing until they draw their last breathe or someone help them out of their addiction. It is a sad story but it is true. Gamblers hoping for a jackpot but if you sum all the money spent betting, they already have spent the jackpot amount on bets. If they only realize that, then don't have to chase the jackpot.
Activity: 465
April 11, 2016, 05:22:42 AM
I don't think it's religion that cured you from your gambling addiction. If yes, then how come? You are the one controlling yourself to whether or not to gamble when you urge to. I'm pretty sure you disciplined yourself by keeping yourself busy reading the bible or something.
I think it could have been someone who has a strong faith will never enter into gambling. therefore there is a prohibition on gambling.
and they must obey it
Gambling is so addicting because many people are thinking that you can be rich with gambling but that is not true, because the chance is higher that you can lose money with it and that will be bad.
People should know that gambling is only made for fun and that the people are gambling must not gamble to be rich but just to have some fun and it will be nice of course if you can win some money.
April 11, 2016, 05:04:44 AM

So you are saying that gambling is a sin for every people? I dont agree with you because gambling will never do something bad to you, the one is doing the bad thing and sin is only yourselves so if you can change yourself no matter what religion you are it will be no big deal

I am not against gambling I myself am doing it but naturally in the eyes of our GOD gambling is a sin that is a fact and yes I am a sinner and we all do everyone of us but I am aware of it and will always say to him that I am a sinner.

Lol. I have a lot of friends and relatives that is 'truly' a Christian, and most of them gamble occasionally.
It's not how loyal you are to your religion, IMO.

Then I think they are not truly christian at all because all earthly stuffs here are all sins that can consume oneself because out GOD is a jealous GOD that if you idolize someone or something to the extent that he, she or it is a GOD for you then you have sin against him, (I have said this because I have gone on a bible study now)
Activity: 448
April 11, 2016, 04:48:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
April 11, 2016, 04:03:24 AM

You are right with this the point is that every gamble bet you are making get you more and more addicted, I think it do not depend on in what is your religion because everyone can try it once some get addicted because its enjoying and at some people not.

Religion is not really important when it comes to gambling anyone will get hooked to the sin that is gambling, but I think there are certain people that can fight the urge in gambling and I think If you are truly are a christian you can't be tempted with this kind of pleasure!
Everyone likes to gamble and that is logic, but some people knows to stop and some people cant stop and for the people who cant stop can have really a bad future because of gambling.
They should know that the money they lost with gambling is all wasted, and that is not good they have to know that they must stop and just find some distraction, you cant be rich of gambling.
Gambling could make someone rich , but have a mindset that everyone would be rich by doing gamble it's a fatal mistake leading to an addiction .
The percentage of people getting rich by gamble are below 5% , so we can say 3 from 100 people who gamble being rich! And the rest are an unlucky addicted gambler.
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
April 11, 2016, 04:02:41 AM

You are right with this the point is that every gamble bet you are making get you more and more addicted, I think it do not depend on in what is your religion because everyone can try it once some get addicted because its enjoying and at some people not.

Religion is not really important when it comes to gambling anyone will get hooked to the sin that is gambling, but I think there are certain people that can fight the urge in gambling and I think If you are truly are a christian you can't be tempted with this kind of pleasure!
Lol. I have a lot of friends and relatives that is 'truly' a Christian, and most of them gamble occasionally.
It's not how loyal you are to your religion, IMO.

Yup eventually people will always makes sin even if they are a religious type of a person and even if your to loyal to it a person will always sin cause we are all sinners.
Actually, it is never a sin for a Christian to gamble. The Bible never mention that it is a sin to gamble, but you are right. Everyone in this world has at least done a sin before, and only they know what it was.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
April 11, 2016, 04:00:50 AM
another megathread for signatures whores, which needs to collect some posts in gambling section. well played.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 11, 2016, 04:00:46 AM
I don't think it's religion that cured you from your gambling addiction. If yes, then how come? You are the one controlling yourself to whether or not to gamble when you urge to. I'm pretty sure you disciplined yourself by keeping yourself busy reading the bible or something.
I think it could have been someone who has a strong faith will never enter into gambling. therefore there is a prohibition on gambling.
and they must obey it

Yes discipline will help a human to avoid gambling and other bad doings in life,if a person has it even if he gambles it will not make him addicted to it.
Activity: 504
April 11, 2016, 03:56:20 AM
and they must obey it
Activity: 271
April 11, 2016, 03:18:57 AM

Everyone likes to gamble and that is logic, but some people knows to stop and some people cant stop and for the people who cant stop can have really a bad future because of gambling.
They should know that the money they lost with gambling is all wasted, and that is not good they have to know that they must stop and just find some distraction, you cant be rich of gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
April 11, 2016, 02:17:00 AM
Addiction can have many forms, and can be caused by many things and habits. Only solutions is to stay honest to yourself when something become hazardous for health and for pocket. But i don't never met person that can do this.
Gambling is most hazardous because attacks on vanity, and it is easy to lose control.
it would be better if gambling revenue we share with those in need. if we spend itself clearly above factors will happen
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
April 10, 2016, 08:33:50 AM
Addiction can have many forms, and can be caused by many things and habits. Only solutions is to stay honest to yourself when something become hazardous for health and for pocket. But i don't never met person that can do this.
Gambling is most hazardous because attacks on vanity, and it is easy to lose control.
Jump to: