Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 366. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 02, 2016, 06:22:25 AM
Well, wouldn't say its that addicting. People tend to do it when they are bored/depressed/angry , while knowing they will loose, not gambling, just giving away money. I'd say consentrate on other things during the day and you won't find a minute to gamble
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
January 02, 2016, 05:25:24 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

I don't know why gambling is addictive for some people but I believe that it has something to do with their personalities.  Some people just have an addictive type of personality.  They often trade one addiction for another and can't get away from the behavior.  That's just a personal observation.  However, here is an article from the "Scientific American" that might help:  http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-brain-gets-addicted-to-gambling/

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
January 02, 2016, 05:06:53 AM
Coz being greedy is human beings' nature! We always want more never admit loss! Unless you have strong discipline to yourself, and find a good way to kill your spare time to get rid of gambling mindset.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
January 02, 2016, 04:24:34 AM
It's addictive probably because of the thought that you can make easy money. When you lose, you think you can chase your losses, and be back in the green again, though it never happens (pretty much). It's also based on greed.

Human greed has been around from time immemorial.
I am sure there are references to gambling in the holy books of all religions.

i only know one bible verse that refers to gambling which is 1 Timothy 10:16 that says "the love of money is the root of all evil" something  like that (can't remember the complete verse). pretty sure there are more verses in the bible about gambling. i don't know any on other holy books.
Coz being greedy is human beings' nature! We always want more never admit loss! Unless you have strong discipline to yourself, and find a good way to kill your spare time to get rid of gambling mindset.

Yes that is completely true. Greed like Jealously is a very powerful emotion and if you let it get to the best of you there can be big concequences. Especially when it involves money.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 500
January 02, 2016, 04:10:11 AM
It's addictive probably because of the thought that you can make easy money. When you lose, you think you can chase your losses, and be back in the green again, though it never happens (pretty much). It's also based on greed.

i only know one bible verse that refers to gambling which is 1 Timothy 10:16 that says "the love of money is the root of all evil" something  like that (can't remember the complete verse). pretty sure there are more verses in the bible about gambling. i don't know any on other holy books.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 02, 2016, 03:39:44 AM

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2016, 12:13:12 AM
I'm also don't know why gambling so addicted, make us want to back to gambling site. but i think it's because you can earn easy bitcoin here but also you can lose your bitcoin easily.

I don't think anyone can make easy money from gambling but everyone think they can make easy money from gambling that's why even after losing many times people still will go to gambling sites to try there luck. This is the main reason (money) for people to get addicted to gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2016, 12:13:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
January 02, 2016, 12:00:06 AM
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 01, 2016, 11:38:26 PM
I'm also don't know why gambling so addicted, make us want to back to gambling site. but i think it's because you can earn easy bitcoin here but also you can lose your bitcoin easily.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
January 01, 2016, 10:34:38 PM
That's gambling, can be addictive and can not leave
Activity: 643
Merit: 263
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 06, 2015, 02:12:34 PM
It is based on greed and speed.
If you have high greed, you will lose a lot.
Also, the speed of gambling means you can use more than £1 million in around 1 minute. Increasing the amount you can lose.

Gambling games are also enjoyable and should only be played for enjoyment!
gambling should be avoided at all time even for enjoyment because it will make you addicted to it.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
December 06, 2015, 02:10:14 PM
It is based on greed and speed.
If you have high greed, you will lose a lot.
Also, the speed of gambling means you can use more than £1 million in around 1 minute. Increasing the amount you can lose.

Gambling games are also enjoyable and should only be played for enjoyment!
Activity: 643
Merit: 263
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 06, 2015, 02:07:25 PM
gambling is addicting because nowadays human basic nature most of them is greedy,

they think like "i can earn more if i play more, why stop here?"

but if come to rational thought you cant win all the times,

the second reason is excitement and adrenaline rush, gambling will increase your excitement level to the max especially when bet a lot and also human like the adrenaline rush, that is the cause of gamble addiction

It is addicting when you are on winning but if you keep on losing I dont think that you will addict to it. People want to try their luck in gambling just to increase their amount of money. Yes it true that you can keep on winning but there goes to losing too so you just need to wait the wheel is rolling. The problem is can you hold that long?
you will addict to it more when you loose to get back the money you had before you start gambling.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
December 06, 2015, 02:01:19 PM
gambling is addicting because nowadays human basic nature most of them is greedy,

the second reason is excitement and adrenaline rush, gambling will increase your excitement level to the max especially when bet a lot and also human like the adrenaline rush, that is the cause of gamble addiction

It is addicting when you are on winning but if you keep on losing I dont think that you will addict to it. People want to try their luck in gambling just to increase their amount of money. Yes it true that you can keep on winning but there goes to losing too so you just need to wait the wheel is rolling. The problem is can you hold that long?

not quite true many gamblers tries to get back what they loss,
resulting to higher bets and higher lost, but when you win it still
not enough to get back what you lost.the only thing that is addicting
in gambling is the feeling of anticipation and relief.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
December 06, 2015, 08:06:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
December 06, 2015, 05:35:38 AM
The promise of fortunes advertised by gambling sites/places entice people to gamble and that is one thing I see there. Next is the lack of self-control coming from the players themselves. Most of them tend to chase losses which ultimately results to a loss.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
December 05, 2015, 11:18:59 PM
Hello :-)

Gambling is clearly addictive for people with certain personalities. If you do not have self control and you do not feel you can manage the upsides and downsides of gambling you should really not play at all in the first place. Just treat it as fun and you will still enjoy it but with peace of mind.

Cheers
A technique to beat that temptation to gamble again because of a compulsive low inhibition type of personality is to learn to become addicted to the feeling of controlling yourself. Namely, see how far you can keep controlling the urge to gamble and eventually it will become second nature not to act the immediate impulse to put your money on the line all the time. I have tried this before and worked, but takes practice.
Yeah that true, you just have to try to aim your compulsive behaviour elsewhere.
I put a lot of effort into saving myself, so that's somewhat comparable.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
December 05, 2015, 10:45:52 PM
Hello :-)

Gambling is clearly addictive for people with certain personalities. If you do not have self control and you do not feel you can manage the upsides and downsides of gambling you should really not play at all in the first place. Just treat it as fun and you will still enjoy it but with peace of mind.

Cheers
A technique to beat that temptation to gamble again because of a compulsive low inhibition type of personality is to learn to become addicted to the feeling of controlling yourself. Namely, see how far you can keep controlling the urge to gamble and eventually it will become second nature not to act the immediate impulse to put your money on the line all the time. I have tried this before and worked, but takes practice.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
December 05, 2015, 09:41:20 PM

Jump to: