Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is ICO period long? - page 12. (Read 2314 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0
June 24, 2018, 03:36:31 AM
the duration of the project depends on what kind of hype is around their project. the more people know about the project, the faster they collect money. The smaller project fame, and advertising budget, the longer they stretch the period of fundraising, hoping for bounty.
Activity: 272
Merit: 12
June 23, 2018, 01:20:59 PM
There are many reasons for an extended ico project in terms of time (delay) due to delays from devs or bad market conditions, affecting the general trend and psychology of the investor in the project. Some make it long in other to reach there target milestone, it depends on what the ico team decide on.
Activity: 182
June 23, 2018, 01:15:37 PM
The ICO's are to pull the investment from the people who are interested in this project. Now the process for pulling funds taking long time, due to market conditions are not so good.
Activity: 240
Merit: 10
June 23, 2018, 08:14:40 AM
ICO's are just maximizing their opportunities so that the money they will give to their workers will be worth it for them. Also, it takes a long time for an ICO so that the processes they are doing will be successfully done and nothing will go bad. I think it is just normal because it is like having your own business where you want to make your business perfect, successful and also, you will maximize all the resources you have.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
June 23, 2018, 07:43:16 AM
I think you have to see how ICOs happen. Those that sell out in minutes spent a lot of time marketing and agreed with big contributors earlier that they will sell them X amount of tokens already, so all these agreements actually kick in the second the ICO starts. This is actually not much different from ICOs that run for 2 or 3 months or have presales and other early stages before main ICO. Of course, some are enjoying a lot of hype like EOS did and had so much people participate.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
June 23, 2018, 07:41:06 AM
To milk people as long as possible with their shitcoin that will be useless and steal everybody's money Grin honestly that's the only reason why. They premine so much of their own coin that they can afford to give their worthless shit out for as long as there's somebody willing to spam social media for them so they can try to hook in more suckers to take money from... sorry, that's the truth.
Activity: 66
June 23, 2018, 07:38:12 AM
First of all, it takes a long time to sell products and raise funds. Some commodities need to be recognized by people. You need a lot of advertising and marketing methods! And under normal circumstances, the amount of funds raised by ICO is very large!
Activity: 101
June 22, 2018, 06:34:40 PM
Slowing down for more fundraising and hype around, I don't really like it because I get nervous when conditions change in the process
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
June 22, 2018, 06:18:13 PM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

the real purpose of ICO is to open opportunities for investors to join the related projects
ICO does not always take a long time, there are some successful ICOs in minutes, like Monetha, which when ICO lasted only 18 minutes, then there is also Project Shivom, which is only a matter of one day,
Activity: 145
June 22, 2018, 06:10:57 PM
I think the main reasons why ICO period is long are: the project wants to reach the hard cap, promote the product to wider community, sell more tokens, etc. Some ICOs are extended because of problems, but some, because they want to raise more funds. Long period isn't an indication of the ICO project potential success.
Activity: 425
Merit: 109
June 22, 2018, 05:55:35 PM
Sometimes and especially today, ICOs take longer because of current negative situation around the cryptos: many people don't invest due to current high volatility of the market. Fund raising takes longer or fails.
Activity: 448
June 22, 2018, 05:44:31 PM
The ICO period is so long because the team wants to reach the hard cap and sell the max number of tokens for both the investors and the team to make more profit.
Activity: 280
June 22, 2018, 05:39:10 PM
The ICO period depends on the team strategy. Promotion takes time, marketing takes time. The ICO length isn't proportional to the quality of rewards, but it rather depends on how quickly the product penetrates the market. But usually it takes long, because it was initially planned to take that much time to reach the target.
Activity: 924
Merit: 11
June 22, 2018, 03:07:41 PM
Not all ICO's. Some of them last only 2 weeks and even minutes. But often the project divide the period on stages with different contribution level and different bonus.
Activity: 89
June 22, 2018, 11:14:16 AM
I think the ICO takes long for the target set by the project managers to be met. The longer or shorter the ICO does not determine how much you earn as a bounty hunter. What determine your earning in a bounty campaign is the platform you use and the number of participants in it.
Activity: 98
June 22, 2018, 09:27:42 AM
For various reasons the ICO will last or shorten. prolonged time because the ICO has not mobilized sufficient capital, investment capital is not enough to develop the proposed projects, or ICO that lasts for potential development.
And the reason for shortening may be that capital is strong enough, or even stopped because the ICO has no potential and development potential.
Activity: 92
"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"
June 22, 2018, 09:15:04 AM
I think that ICO with longer time has less of reward in bounty campaign, i will suggest to participate on ICO that has few time until it launched, but Usually ICO takes time 3 until 4 months til launched, i prefer short time ICO to longer time ICO, because i think one sign of good ICO is shorter time.
Activity: 75
June 22, 2018, 09:13:43 AM
this is because there are few who want to participate. I would not participate in such ICO. This suggests that after going to crypto-exchange, the price may fall even more.
Activity: 98
June 22, 2018, 09:10:02 AM
The length of the ICO projects depends on the project itself and its team. If the project is good, they team is good in marketing the safe and hard caps could be achieved really fast, like in a few weeks.
Activity: 259
Merit: 100
June 21, 2018, 07:57:17 PM
Because after you invest your money, the project needs time to realize all of its ideas, the team is for this and gambled money). After that everyone looks at the success of the team and the cost of the tokens either grows at a rapid rate, or everyone waits on.
Pages:
Jump to: