Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is ICO period long? - page 20. (Read 2314 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 252
June 06, 2018, 12:25:32 AM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

The length of the ico has nothing to do with what kind of profits you are going to get as an investor, however the long period of the ico is going to have an effect in the amount of tokens you get out of the bounty campaign, a campaign that is short and in which you have been part from the very beginning will give you great profits but a long campaign gives the chance to more people to join and that reduces your profits.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
June 06, 2018, 12:10:51 AM
There is no way, because the bounty thread is just a channel for promotion.
Then, when they end the ICO crowd funding, they will consider distributing the bounty.
Activity: 439
Merit: 100
June 03, 2018, 07:38:54 AM
I think that in general there are no ways how to limit the ICO of the campaign in time, because the duration of the ICO depends also how much you can collect...
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
June 02, 2018, 01:38:55 PM
ICO periods are long so that they can collect as much money as possible. Just look at EOS ICO which ran so long and collected billions of dollars worth of Ethereum. Frankly speaking investing in ICOs in current markets doesn't makes any sense. Why invest at such an early stage of a coin and wait for so long to see any returns.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
June 02, 2018, 12:45:55 PM
It's hard to say for sure how best. Most likely, you need to think here not about the duration of ico, but about whether it will not be a benches or not collecting a sufficient amount - soft cap. If ico passes a long time, then this is not always good, usually it is due to the fact that the fees are bad. If ico is successful, the fees can be completed in just a few hours. As for the recommendations, here I would like to advise you to choose ico with the right product or service and with a professional team. For example, I now participate in ico Remme. It was in him that I saw three main components: a product, a team and a token that is already traded on stock exchanges. But the choice is always just for you.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
June 02, 2018, 12:30:05 PM
I think it's natural that ICO takes a long time, because if it's only done 1 month then they will not reach the hard cap target even that is over they are extending back their token sales
Activity: 333
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
June 02, 2018, 12:17:52 PM
For me I feel the longer the ICO the lesser the reward, this because the longer the ICO last the more people join the ICO, and many people into ICO bounty accumulates stakes which will be shared among all members. So for me I prefer bounty with short period of time.
Everyone loves short ICO projects. But you should not be so selfish. Many people are also passionate about making money with bounty programs. So we should share together to make money together
Activity: 756
June 02, 2018, 12:15:57 PM
it's not all ico who do their sales in a period that can be said long enough, there are some ico that only run for less than a month and there is less than one week all of their token allocation is sold out, so its core all depends on investor interest against whether or not good ico project
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
June 02, 2018, 09:09:10 AM
with great cautious attitude to projects in which a very long period of the ICO
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
June 02, 2018, 09:08:25 AM
The time period for ICOs vary greatly.
The length depends on the target of the project and the success rate.
Activity: 560
June 02, 2018, 09:06:26 AM
Indeed, many ICO have a road map long enough. It is because the program they offer can also be many or tokens that they offer so much that they make the old ICO time. An ICO involves planning, execution, and evaluation so it takes time and a long process at each stage. ICO does not necessarily sell the token only then after the token is sold so it will share the profits. ICO is well planned. So it is not a guarantee that the old ICO will benefit a lot. If you choose ICO then choose ICO which have good program and have good future chance.
Activity: 98
June 02, 2018, 08:56:51 AM
The whole point of an ICO is to raise as much money as possible for the project, so in theory the longer you run it the more money you can make. However that's not always the case. Personally I'd be a bit sceptical if an ICO ran for 6 or 7 months as it could indicate that there isn't enough demand or interest in it, otherwise there would be no need to run it so long. A month long ICO is about average and I think that's fair, you want enough time to allow you to market and get the word out and then start bringing in some money.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
June 02, 2018, 07:49:36 AM
Now a days the team behind the ico are getting greedy. They don't want to keep up their initial word regarding their period and they just extend it if the hardcap is not reached .
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1
June 02, 2018, 07:45:12 AM
The ICO project took quite a long time, I think it is natural, because ICO project to succeed need time or process that not for a while, aging my old promotion will greatly help the success of ICO. And from experience I know refferal program is very helpful ICO.
Activity: 173
June 02, 2018, 07:38:01 AM
It seems like how long the ICO period does not guarantee the number of rewards to be awarded. I think the old ICO period was related to soft cap, hard cap and further market cap.
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
June 02, 2018, 07:24:15 AM
I think these guys are jokers, the main important thing is for a project to succeed long time, it doesn't mater how long its takes, even for me, from the way I look at things now,the life cycle of most of the ICOs is now very short, look for example Cardstack raised their hard cap in hours and have ended the public sale
copper member
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
June 02, 2018, 07:14:51 AM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

I always support shorter ICOs because if there is a strong team behind an ICO they achieve their hard cap soon, and in shorter ICOs both investors and bounty hunters are happy because they all get their reward in shorter period of time !!
Activity: 624
Merit: 101
BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange
June 02, 2018, 07:14:05 AM
First of all, simply because soft cap can not be collected quickly, if the project is serious, then basically it needs a good investment.

Yes one of the main reason about the extension of an ICO is about their target investment for further development of the platform, also it is because some ICO should be a compliant with U.S. or EU law and it takes a lot time to be approved I guess.
Activity: 32
June 02, 2018, 07:06:05 AM
Although the prices are really suitable to buy the tokens in ico terms, people trust more less the icos for now. And I think this is making the ico period more long.
Activity: 335
June 02, 2018, 01:46:37 AM
First of all, simply because soft cap can not be collected quickly, if the project is serious, then basically it needs a good investment.
Pages:
Jump to: