Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is ICO period long? - page 21. (Read 2314 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 17
June 01, 2018, 05:28:58 PM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

I would say that 6 month long bounty is not worth the wait, normally you should go trough 2-3 bounties i this time period.
It is okay for social but not for signature the risk/time/reward is not worth it.
Normally when Ico is extended bounty hunters are allowed to leave and stakes are saved.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
June 01, 2018, 05:25:38 PM
Unfortunately , the longer the ICO, the smaller the reward for each participant. Because during this period, the project join a lot of hunters and the share of each becomes less and less. I love fast-paced programs when ICO is no longer than 3-4 weeks old.But in order not to miss such projects and have time to jump in, you must be able to analyze.

Activity: 133
Merit: 10
June 01, 2018, 05:24:53 PM
long periods of an ICO can not guarantee a good ICO result. ICO with a long period is usually caused by factors that inhibit the ICO process. such as bitcoin (btc) or ethereum (eth) prices decrease, so they affect the softcap or hardcap of the ICO.
Activity: 364
June 01, 2018, 05:19:53 PM
The long running of the ICO campaign most likely indicates the uncertainty of the ICO team that it will be able to collect the necessary funds, or they link two events in the ICO project so that they enter this fund-raising period. It is especially bad if the ICO team decided to extend the initial period of fundraising or postpone its holding to a later date. This means that such a team has serious problems in raising funds, but they are still trying to fight, or with the help of ads, they are simply trying to escape with the collected money. It happens that when the ICO is extended, the team allocates additional tokens, then the amount of compensation will increase. However, in most cases, the reward does not increase or increases slightly. It happens, of course, that the increases are decent. However, in general, very long ICOs do not contribute to good earnings for a certain period of time. During this time it would sometimes be much more profitable to participate in two campaigns of generosity.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 04:05:54 PM
The length of the ICO probably also factors in the teams marketing budget and ability to go with a quick ICO or not.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
June 01, 2018, 03:51:54 PM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Well, that is a real issue to be true. Roughly one year ago, or even half year ago ICO's was 30 days, then it became 45,60 days and now way more than that, could be even up to 6 months. As there are so many ICO's, so most of it becomes long-term investments, even if you are contributing to a good project.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
June 01, 2018, 03:48:08 PM
The reason for the long ICO period is due to building a stronger project and reaching it hard. Over time the name of the project and its plans become extraordinary in investors and society.
If there is enough funds, this will accelerate much of the progress for the ICO project. Ico period is equal to the bounty period so if it takes too long it can take more crypto users to join the project and after a while it became a success one.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
June 01, 2018, 12:36:53 PM
As a bounty hunter, the longer the ICO the smaller the return because if an ICO finish within a short period of time, then you should expect a better reward but if the ICO is too long then the reward will be peanut. As for the investors, some ICOs deliberately extend their ICO end date because they didn't raise enough fund. In a nutshell, long period of ICO doesn't have any good return for investors because investors may even lose interest.
Activity: 139
June 01, 2018, 12:30:24 PM
I don't think the longer the ICO is, the better the return is. There are some projects that may not be so popular with investors. The longer the ICO is, the longer it will help them to complete the task. I rarely sign up for ICO's bounty for more than three months.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
June 01, 2018, 10:45:46 AM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Maybe that is because of the stages within an ICO. usually, ICO includes pre-sale and crowdsale. These segments are what making ICO to take a period of time to end. But although ICO do usually last for a month, that perios of time contributes to the project itself in order to be successful in the future. So investors and bounty participants are the ones who need to adjust and to be patient.
Activity: 123
June 01, 2018, 10:35:36 AM
Since most of the ico are not very attractive to me, because there are not too many investors and the amount of investment is not so great, so they can not achieve the expected goals in a short time, so they have to use long cycles to complete the financing.
Activity: 224
June 01, 2018, 10:31:39 AM

This means that some projects are very well prepared. For example - EOS - more than a year, Arkona more than 4 months exactly, Luckchemy - at least 3 months.

But this is not an indicator. Depends on the number of team members, the difficulty in implementing project.
Activity: 434
June 01, 2018, 10:22:29 AM
Why for a long time? I think that if you try to raise money in another way, it will take much longer. ICO also helps to save money that project’s team would have to give for the advertisement.
Activity: 434
June 01, 2018, 08:51:31 AM
Most of the time, ICO, for a long time, did not meet the anticipated fundraising situation, so it would be delayed.
Activity: 252
June 01, 2018, 06:32:14 AM
In my opinion, now a lot of companies can not get the budget, which they originally planned, because the market is very unstable, there are many benches. Investors are afraid to invest money. Therefore, ICO companies extend the term of advertising to collect exactly the amount that is needed to implement the project.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
June 01, 2018, 06:26:13 AM
I think it's because the ICO project wants to get bigger fund as you know that there's ton of new ICOs today so it's hard to reach the hardcap for an ICO. The market condition is also the other reason for an ICO to extend the tokensale. But some ICOs managed to reach the hardcap very quick like Daostack and Merculet.
Activity: 1260
June 01, 2018, 06:25:27 AM

Not all ICO are long, there are some ICO that hold only 1 month. The long ICO maybe because they didn't achieved their softcap yet, so they make it long.
but ICO should not run for long because it could giving the investor doubt or fear about the legality of the ICO project.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
June 01, 2018, 06:20:19 AM
I saw some member don't like long period bounties, ICOs. But I prefer those, it is easy to follow and sometimes less participants because lack of quick money opportunity.
Activity: 602
June 01, 2018, 06:15:41 AM
There is always a risk not to receive a reward with participation in bounty companies, but to participate in them for such a long time, the risk increases, since you can lose more than you can earn. Because, during this time you can participate in 2 or 3 bounty companies, and get a chance to get a reward - it will grow. Personally, my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: