Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is the demand still so high for Miners with returns like these? - page 3. (Read 4617 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
I was just wondering with the increasing difficulty why the demand is still there for some seemingly high priced (though somewhat readily available) miners that don't seem like they can break even.

After tomorrow's difficulty jump, USB BE units will make ~0.1BTC/month assuming 0% difficulty increases thereafter.
After tomorrow's difficulty jump, blades will make ~3.25BTC/month assuming 0% difficulty increases thereafter.
(AnonBitcoinBuyer posted this on a group buy thread and it seems reasonable.) Can anyone with a better understanding of the difficulty, calculate something more detailed and farther out?

So, an erupter USB stick at .5 BTC (333Mh) or so is probably not going to pay for itself with the difficulty going up as it is. And, a blade costing 10.5 BTC (10-13Gh) or so might not as well.

The reasons why people are so game to get in, might be:
Support the network (me)
It is a hobby, if you break even all the merrier. (me)
A more anonymous way of getting your hands on BTC's.
Expecting a much higher BTC price (but even then, buy them now).
Want to take part in the largest social experiment (outside of money itself) of all time. (me)
Huh

Personally, I got into a group buy for a 400Gh machine with an October delivery. That probably will be profitable if it arrives in October.
My Jalapeno that was ordered at the beginning of June probably won't break even if it comes later than late September.
My chips ordered through a GB and placed though Yifu, might never come.
A wash?

Lots of chances...
IAS

well, USB miner is so effective, it's profitable even with difficulty around 2 billion (electricity costs at 0.15USD/kWh, 1 BTC at 100 USD), which is 44 times tomorrow's difficulty. You will certainly make your money back (also, they cost 0.32 BTC, not 0.5)

I agree, if you can wait these will pay back
Activity: 695
Merit: 502
PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38
If you buy an asicminer and the price per unit drops, you can buy additional units at a deep enough discounts to make your average purchase price match the new price.

Short term profits can be better than buying a business or stocks. Long term, hope for the difficulty to slow its climb.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I was just wondering with the increasing difficulty why the demand is still there for some seemingly high priced (though somewhat readily available) miners that don't seem like they can break even.

After tomorrow's difficulty jump, USB BE units will make ~0.1BTC/month assuming 0% difficulty increases thereafter.
After tomorrow's difficulty jump, blades will make ~3.25BTC/month assuming 0% difficulty increases thereafter.
(AnonBitcoinBuyer posted this on a group buy thread and it seems reasonable.) Can anyone with a better understanding of the difficulty, calculate something more detailed and farther out?

So, an erupter USB stick at .5 BTC (333Mh) or so is probably not going to pay for itself with the difficulty going up as it is. And, a blade costing 10.5 BTC (10-13Gh) or so might not as well.

Support the network (me)
Want to take part in the largest social experiment (outside of money itself) of all time. (me)
Huh

Personally, I got into a group buy for a 400Gh machine with an October delivery. That probably will be profitable if it arrives in October.
My Jalapeno that was ordered at the beginning of June probably won't break even if it comes later than late September.
A wash?

Lots of chances...
IAS

well, USB miner is so effective, it's profitable even with difficulty around 2 billion (electricity costs at 0.15USD/kWh, 1 BTC at 100 USD), which is 44 times tomorrow's difficulty. You will certainly make your money back (also, they cost 0.32 BTC, not 0.5)
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Support the network (me)
Huh

A wash?

Lots of chances...
IAS
Pages:
Jump to: