Pages:
Author

Topic: Why ISIS winning in Iraq? - page 3. (Read 2898 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 09, 2015, 08:22:29 AM
Unfortunately for Saudi Arabia, ISIS, the anti-Shia insurgency it helped to create, is now rumbling about taking over Saudi Arabia when it's done wiping out the Shias in Iraq and Syria.

I don't think that the ISIS pose any threat to the Saudis, as there is hardly any differences between the two sides. Do you remember the Grand Mosque seizure in 1979? Although the Saudis executed Juhayman al-Otaybi and his followers, the King gave more powers to the religious puritans in the immediate aftermath. The Saudi reaction to the ISIS will be the same. King Salman will make Saudi Arabia even more conservative, to make sure that no differences exist between the ISIS and the KSA.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 09, 2015, 08:16:49 AM
The ISIS is winning the war, due to the following reasons:

1. Sunni Arabs, fed up with the discrimination from Baghdad are joining ISIS in large numbers
2. ISIS is receiving funds from Qatar and Saudi Arabia
3. Right now, the total strength of the ISIS is somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 militants, including large numbers with prior military experience (former Iraqi soldiers, Chechens.etc).

In a leaked December 2009 cable, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admitted that, "Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qa'ida, the Taliban, LeT [Lashkar-e-Taiba in Pakistan] and other terrorist groups. Unfortunately for Saudi Arabia, ISIS, the anti-Shia insurgency it helped to create, is now rumbling about taking over Saudi Arabia when it's done wiping out the Shias in Iraq and Syria.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 09, 2015, 07:36:57 AM
Because simply America it self is also helping ISIS by providing weapons , and I've seen a lot of videos where Americain planes dropped weapons to ISIS then "woops , we made a mistake" .
Also ISIS leader (or leaders) are trained by mossad & CIA so it's not only the Iraq Army who is well trained .

What's your source on this? I haven't read about this.

The Iraq army was trained by the Americans but it's not like they were trained like a full on army...it was more of militia training. Iraq needs to take control of itself, have the balls to want to fight to save its country (which many of their recruits don't), they need to spend money to build up supplies, arms, and equipment to fight the big fights.

The safety of the region needs to come from within the region. It's time for them to fight for their own survival.

For the weapons , I've seen videos of Americain planes dropping weapons on ISIS areas .
for the mossad & CIA thing , it's leaked documents by Edward Snowden and others , Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi have even Isralien (Jewish) name . and a lot of leaked pictures of him shows that he isn't really a real Muslim .
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 09, 2015, 07:19:38 AM
Why ISIS winning in Iraq? Can someone explain? Iraqi's army was armed and trained by America. So what is the problem? I can understand why ISIS is winning in Syria such that country ruined in civil war. But why Iraq is losing? What is is about ISIS?

Because, all of warriors of the ISIS also are trained by other strong army countries. The warriors of ISIS prepared for this war very long time and they have very strong support from a lot of Islamian peoples. It si one of the reason because the ISIS winning in the war in Iraq. A lot of warriors of the ISIS came in Iraq from the other countries around the Europe ( the most of them from Belgium and France, also Bosnia and Herzegovina). Do you know that is the most brutal warrior in the ISIS from Belgium?
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
June 09, 2015, 07:02:50 AM
Because simply America it self is also helping ISIS by providing weapons , and I've seen a lot of videos where Americain planes dropped weapons to ISIS then "woops , we made a mistake" .
Also ISIS leader (or leaders) are trained by mossad & CIA so it's not only the Iraq Army who is well trained .

is not the first time i read it, well to tell you the truth i like all those conspiracy theories,  sometimes you can get more info from them than from tv news...

btw never forget it guys, nobody win on a war, nobody, in the end only few ppl win on a war, those rich ppl who start it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 09, 2015, 06:59:38 AM
The ISIS is winning the war, due to the following reasons:

1. Sunni Arabs, fed up with the discrimination from Baghdad are joining ISIS in large numbers
2. ISIS is receiving funds from Qatar and Saudi Arabia
3. Right now, the total strength of the ISIS is somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 militants, including large numbers with prior military experience (former Iraqi soldiers, Chechens.etc).
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
June 09, 2015, 05:32:25 AM
There are no bad soldiers only bad officers, and Iraq seems to have an unlimited supply of bad officers.  This seems to be largely a product of endemic corruption in the Iraqi political system and the fact that officer appointments in the army are made based on political reliability rather than ability.

That leads to breakdowns like we've recently seen where 50 ISIS guys show up in a truck, set off some huge car bombs and scare the Iraqi officers who promptly run away.  The Iraqi soldiers, seeing their officers flee, promptly do so as well, leaving large stockpiles of equipment.

Having a US trained and equipped army is no guarantee of victory, just ask the people living in southern Vietnam.  (Though the South Vietnamese were outnumbered.)
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
June 09, 2015, 05:04:10 AM
Though Iraqi forces outnumbers ISIS in terms of troops, the coordination between Iraqi troops and the guts to fight ISIS is missing. It is true that the US trained Iraqi forces, but not to the extent that the whole army is being trained (according to one article that I've read, only 5000 Iraqi troops are given basic weapons and tactics training. More info here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the-us-military-is-back-training-troops-in-iraq-but-its-a-little-different-this-time/2015/01/08/11b9aa58-95f2-11e4-8385-866293322c2f_story.html)
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
June 09, 2015, 02:58:41 AM
Iraqi forces is lacking cohesion and have no will to fight. Although they outnumbered the ISS fighters, but they still lose on many battles.They accuses US had failed to provide good equipment, weapons and aerial support.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/25/iraqi-army-lacks-moral-cohesion-to-fight-isis-says-uk-military-chief
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
June 09, 2015, 02:10:15 AM

What's your source on this? I haven't read about this.

The Iraq army was trained by the Americans but it's not like they were trained like a full on army...it was more of militia training. Iraq needs to take control of itself, have the balls to want to fight to save its country (which many of their recruits don't), they need to spend money to build up supplies, arms, and equipment to fight the big fights.

The safety of the region needs to come from within the region. It's time for them to fight for their own survival.
Activity: 686
June 09, 2015, 01:49:05 AM
Activity: 602
hyperboria - next internet
June 09, 2015, 01:04:41 AM
Why ISIS winning in Iraq? Can someone explain? Iraqi's army was armed and trained by America. So what is the problem? I can understand why ISIS is winning in Syria such that country ruined in civil war. But why Iraq is losing? What is is about ISIS?
Pages:
Jump to: